Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It's just that PoE still has the worst loot system ever devised by man, and as long as Chris Wilson is running the show it's never going to change significantly.

Interesting. I think a substantial amount of the player base, myself included, quite enjoy the loot system. The near-statistical certainty of never getting an "uber drop" makes it more fun. The truth is that any competent player can accomplish practically anything within a league just by understanding the game. Tuning is built around leagues; i.e., a total economical reboot every trimester.

Compare and contrast to D3's loot system where you have... what, exactly? I'm sure their core player base would find ardent reasons to support it, but I don't actually know any passionate D3 fans today to explain what they like about it.

Anyway, in PoE... chasing BiS is for Standard -- and it literally breaks the game.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Will a new season launch with necro tomorrow? Gonna pick up the pack but not gonna play til a new season starts.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Oh wow, that's long as fuck. I don't like how they do that.

Guess I'll just make a regular one in the next week or two and fuck around.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Makes sense but also seems like a really long time for something that's been on PTR for so long. That's alright though I suppose, gives anyone that wasn't playing PTR a chance to decide what build they want going into it?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My guess is they hope enough people get it out of their systems that season is not 100% necros.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got enough shit to play where I'll probably wait till the new season to make a necro anyway.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Based on everything I've heard, I figure there will probably be another round of balancing once it goes live. 2.6 being the PUBLIC Public Test Realm.
Doesn't matter, still buying.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Took about 45 minutes to solo to 70 with rings and shit. Definitely like the nova + siphon abilities. One for AE one for single, but I'm sure they will be shit later on.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Blood turned out fun, didn't play it in beta, but yeah proccing blood nova really didn't feel like it helped much, but i got lucky and got both Jesseth's within a couple of runs.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Took about 45 minutes to solo to 70 with rings and shit. Definitely like the nova + siphon abilities. One for AE one for single, but I'm sure they will be shit later on.

Sounds interesting, could you post a build link?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
For leveling, I just crafted and upgraded scythes until I got an ancient (got the one that increases Bone Spear) and popped a Gift + Gem of Ease in it. Low level Leoric's Crown + Ruby, Hellfire Amulet, and Hellfire Ring. Burned a bunch of extra Bardiches and just ran the cow level so I could have an undead cow army. Took about an hour.

Revives were fun.. There's a rune that leaves corpses behind after they die so you can reanimate them again which was convenient. The Bone Spear nuke was way better than I thought, especially when I got the explode rune for it. Corpse Explosion looked awesome with the extended range rune, don't know how effective it really was. I wasn't actively cursing things, but the Frailty aura was convenient.

For level 70 builds, I haven't seen a lot of them pop up yet from YouTubers, but there are some builds here that are usually a good place to start: Necromancer Builds
The Bone Storm build looks alright. Maybe I'll go that direction instead of a pet build.

edit: Frailty

Last edited:

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks Mud for the boost to 70 last night. I blew my shard stash and got some starting pieces, mostly just tooling around in T1 to get used to the class. I'll probably play it as a second character next season.