Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd try it but it requires Unity, and as usual I'm 600+ paragon into the season without one, let alone a pair. Tried all the other ones fluffy posted since I do have gear for them, with ancient weapon and some up to 5/6 ancient set items and jewelry so good I rolled the int off, and they fucking suck compared to the DH/Wiz speed farm builds I am used to. Plus Crone's times are slower than what I can do with my default Rathma build (swapping in Goldwrap/Avarice/Hoarder for T13). Fluffy claims much faster than that, but he also makes T13 claims based on GR60 clears, and everyone knows clicking on DBs and other shit adds a non-trivial amount of time to T13. (Edit: To clarify, they can be fast if the rift is favorable, but they all require nearly as much constant attention as pushing GRs does. DH/Wiz builds I've used in the past can clear in 3-4 minutes while watching Netflix.)

I'm especially not a fan of any build that uses in-geom as they tend to be wildly inconsistent. Without a functional Fueled by Death passive though, it's practically required for necro if you want to get under 4m.

Last edited:

Crone

I'd try it but it requires Unity, and as usual I'm 600+ paragon into the season without one, let alone a pair. Tried all the other ones fluffy posted since I do have gear for them, with ancient weapon and some up to 5/6 ancient set items and jewelry so good I rolled the int off, and they fucking suck compared to the DH/Wiz speed farm builds I am used to. Plus Crone's times are slower than what I can do with my default Rathma build (swapping in Goldwrap/Avarice/Hoarder for T13). Fluffy claims much faster than that, but he also makes T13 claims based on GR60 clears, and everyone knows clicking on DBs and other shit adds a non-trivial amount of time to T13. (Edit: To clarify, they can be fast if the rift is favorable, but they all require nearly as much constant attention as pushing GRs does. DH/Wiz builds I've used in the past can clear in 3-4 minutes while watching Netflix.)

I'm especially not a fan of any build that uses in-geom as they tend to be wildly inconsistent. Without a functional Fueled by Death passive though, it's practically required for necro if you want to get under 4m.
Eh, I don't use Unity for it. It's much less work imo than my rathma mage build which is what I use for pushing. Did some speed runs last night with my buddy running DH and you are right, it's no where close to as fast as a Vault DH, but it's fast for me.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what are people doing for 3rd conquest this season, hitting up Avarice or are there people running TX 2 minute groups?

Vorph

Not sure what you're thinking the first two are if the choice is between Avarice and 2m TX for #3. Avarice was my second one, T10-13 cows = easymode. All you need is Goldwrap, Avarice, and Hoarder. I thought it was going to be a pain in the ass since Gilded Barons got nerfed into the ground, but it wasn't at all. If you need Bovine Bardiche, just make a L1 Crusader and cube it. There's only 3 things it can spit out and one of them (Heart Slaughter) is much more rare than the other two.

No, they definitely aren't as good as classes with movement skills off cooldown.
Maybe I'm overestimating how good FbD would be if it worked, but I think consistent low-3.x min T13's would be doable with an extra 30% MS all the time, with no need for in-geom nonsense.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm overestimating how good FbD would be if it worked, but I think consistent low-3.x min T13's would be doable with an extra 30% MS all the time, with no need for in-geom nonsense.
I've never used high movement speed farming that didn't have a way to avoid monster collision. A necro only using FbD wouldn't have a way to reliably skip packs.

Vorph

Mages kill everything so fast that there's really nothing to skip at the T13/GR60 level. The issue is getting into range fast enough that you don't have to recast Command Skeletons ever if you can help it. Without the 400% boost from the Jesseth set things don't get insta-gibbed and you have to stop to target something, then mash the button 10 times to be sure it actually goes off. Also I do load Blood Rush with 2 charges just so I can skip annoying terrain.

If you're looking to speedrun GR75 and up for gems, then yeah it's probably going to be rough without in-geom recharging Blood Rush constantly.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone have tips on getting and Aquila? I have spent like 5000 blood shards on my level 20 monk and havent gotten one.

Got my 75 solo easy after changing to Shadow Impale. With an Aquila I'll be hitting 80 easy.

Did my T10 2 minutes on like the third try in a random public group. It's an easy conquest if people are trying for it. Just gotta for go grabbing the DB's.

Vorph

That's some really terrible luck. You should have it in 500 shards on average, and only 600 shards for 80th percentile.

How many Heart of Iron have you gotten? It and Aquila should be 50/50 drops. After getting Leoric's Ring at L11 even though it's a L12 item, I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt. You might want to level up the monk a few more times and see if that helps, since the 'safe' range for Aquila is 20-28 (assuming Chaingmail really starts dropping at 29).

Vorph

That'd be enough proof for me that Aquila doesn't actually drop at 20 despite its ilvl. I would try 21 or 22 and try another 500-1000 shards.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This game needed some new life and challenge rifts + a half-assed class was not enough. Every necro build just feels clunky, incomplete, and rough. Some of the text on the passives isn't properly aligned ffs.

I'll admit I'm probably a bit burned out on the genre overall due to lots of PoE time, but I'm still looking forward to Friday, so idk.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reminds me playing DH last season and trying to get the Quiver for impale build, also spent over 5000 blood shards before getting it. Had gotten all kinds of other quivers you can name, legendary and ancient legendary, but not that one. Got it like 2 days before end of Season.

Vorph

LOL challenge rifts... that monk build this week is about the most retarded thing I've seen. At least the wizard build last week was way overgeared for the GR level and the player was bad (I beat the time by a minute or so on my first try).

And yeah, the necro is surprisingly unpolished considering they had an extra month between release and season 11.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what you're thinking the first two are if the choice is between Avarice and 2m TX for #3. Avarice was my second one, T10-13 cows = easymode. All you need is Goldwrap, Avarice, and Hoarder. I thought it was going to be a pain in the ass since Gilded Barons got nerfed into the ground, but it wasn't at all. If you need Bovine Bardiche, just make a L1 Crusader and cube it. There's only 3 things it can spit out and one of them (Heart Slaughter) is much more rare than the other two.

I just tried following your advice and the first thing I get out of the cube is an Ancient Heart Slaughter.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reminds me playing DH last season and trying to get the Quiver for impale build, also spent over 5000 blood shards before getting it. Had gotten all kinds of other quivers you can name, legendary and ancient legendary, but not that one. Got it like 2 days before end of Season.
That quiver was the second to last piece of the puzzle for me. Not sure how many shards I rolled on it but it was about 100 paragons (450 till about 550) before Kadala gave it to me.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
The Trag'Oul Corpse Lance build is the least fun build I have ever played in this game. The Skeletal Archer build is good, but I hate not having a movement skill. Hopefully some fun builds emerge.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The Trag'Oul Corpse Lance build is the least fun build I have ever played in this game. The Skeletal Archer build is good, but I hate not having a movement skill. Hopefully some fun builds emerge.
Agreed. Not having some on-demand movement skill is just terrible. And no, fuck you In-Geom.

Wiz and DH have spoiled me.