Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did avarice and the grift one, which should I try for the 3rd conquest on my necro?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The Trag'Oul Corpse Lance build is the least fun build I have ever played in this game.

Hands down worst build I've played as well.

Run around for 2 minutes waiting for your big cooldowns to come up while you have zero ability to kill anything? Fucking garbage fire.

I tried Inarius first and found that to be a sack of shit.

Only necro build I've enjoyed at all is Rathma with singularity mages and decripifty to proc belt.

Necromancer Skeletal Mages Build With Rathma and Jesseth Sets

I only use land of the dead when trying to push solo rifts so anything under GR 80 I swap out LoTD for blood rush and use the double charge rune and I swap my Zei stone for a Wildebeast gizzard for lazy healing.

Cleared an 83 GR without a death last night with that build no problems,

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I don't think that build can go much higher without a lot of work.

At paragon 850ish, all ancient items except chest and shoulders, I don't even come close to clearing grift 90.

Perhaps with a lot of caldesann's augs and a few hundred extra para lvls 90ish is possible.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I gave up on any sort of defense long ago. Even at GR70 it already seemed pointless.

This Rathma build is the one for progression if you don't want to play Trag'Oul's shitfest. Still not sure why he called it faceroll though. It's not even a glass cannon; a glass cannon is like a zDPS compared to it.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
First season playing a DH and shadows set is probably most fun set of any class I've played in the past. More classes need sets like that, good movement, decent aoe, extreme elite killing power, and invincible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure we've discussed it in the past but I'm pretty sure there's different loot tables/rarity when you spawn a game (why you'll sometimes see the same damn items over and over during a game). IMO restart the game a few times to try your odds.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did 4 different games at 20 and 2 different games at 22 :(

I will probably change the difficulty level next? I don't know. It's one of those items I get a million of every season.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know what's up with my lick but one of my buddies gave me an Aquila. Now comes the search for primals.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So what's the build to focus on as a Necro? Going to roll one this week and play a bit before HS expansion, maybe try to complete the journey to stash tab

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't know, Rathma seems pretty easy so far. At GR66 with 1 ancient piece and I'll be able to push past that with what I have as I'm doing it in 8mins or something close to that. Just numlock devour, decrepify everything and pump out singularity mages. Jesseth set makes your skellies fire and forget. I'm bouncing between Simalcrum and Bone Armor but neither seem to really matter so far other than how quick I can push forward.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider

I found this build to be the best lazy watch Netflix grind build. I swap out the malediction passive for the cheat death passive final service. If I'm doing anything under gr 75 I swap out land of the dead for blood rush to move around faster.

Was able to do gr 83 the other day at 13 min. Nothing amazing but they are fun clears. I like that you are supposed to kill everything. Fun alternative to my impale demon hunter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider

I found this build to be the best lazy watch Netflix grind build. I swap out the malediction passive for the cheat death passive final service. If I'm doing anything under gr 75 I swap out land of the dead for blood rush to move around faster.

Was able to do gr 83 the other day at 13 min. Nothing amazing but they are fun clears. I like that you are supposed to kill everything. Fun alternative to my impale demon hunter.

What's funny is that half of those great builds don't even work without a shitton of paragon and ancients with superb rolls.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone want to carry me today? My Necro is pretty bad (GR45), but I'd like to try to get to gr70 and finish the stash tab part of the journey if I can. I just seem to be missing pieces for every build, and have minimal luck in getting them so far

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone want to carry me today? My Necro is pretty bad (GR45), but I'd like to try to get to gr70 and finish the stash tab part of the journey if I can. I just seem to be missing pieces for every build, and have minimal luck in getting them so far
Wasn't on yesterday but should be online some tonight and this weekend. Add me and just jump in a game if you see me!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Haven't played this since 2012, so everything feels pretty new still. Sold off a bunch of herbs/flasks/oblit from WoW and "bought" the deluxe xpac and necro pack.

I guess my major question is, whats the carrot to go beyond Grift 70 when you unlock primals? If its just increased loot/magic find? I get 4-6 set/legendaries on average from grifts within my comfort zone as it is. My necro has a full "main" set already rathmas + travelers + jesseth + all useful legendaries & cubed skills for the build, and already half of it is ancient. Also have all sets "complete" except pestilence. Monk is doing well too, getting close to completing all the monk sets, although legendaries he needs are a pain in the ass.
Keep in mind I just started playing the night S11 started.

I dunno just bored real fast, if its just run Grift/bounties over and over, going to drop this real fast.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Keep in mind I just started playing the night S11 started.

Hey, everyone else too, what a coincidence!

Ok, snark aside, there's a conquest for a solo 75 GR, then yes beyond that it's just more exp/gold/magic find. I'd personally say it's noticeable and worth finding the sweet spot between easy-steamroll and takes-fourteen-minutes, but overall it's going to be purely psychological on your part. Whatever you find fun in balancing the time spent, challenge, and rainbow explosion when you kill the RG.