Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Hey, everyone else too, what a coincidence!

Ok, snark aside, there's a conquest for a solo 75 GR, then yes beyond that it's just more exp/gold/magic find. I'd personally say it's noticeable and worth finding the sweet spot between easy-steamroll and takes-fourteen-minutes, but overall it's going to be purely psychological on your part. Whatever you find fun in balancing the time spent, challenge, and rainbow explosion when you kill the RG.
Meh, a bit disappointing, but then again I've been playing legion since last year, so all this stuff is all to familiar.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The Necro's pretty OP judging by the season leader boards. But then again like the person above said you need to find your sweet spot. For me I just have one thing left to do to finish out the season challenge and then I'm done at GR77. I could easily push into the 80's but I just don't care at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's a lot of people that find enjoyment in pushing Grifts higher and higher. Just to see how high they can get. I enjoy building out all the sets for a particular class. I have all the necro sets functional with all the cube items, and gems, etc. Just not optimized stats, and not very many ancients across any of them, and no primals.

Just as you grind M+ for gear in WoW, the same idea applies here in grinding Rifts. Just grinding for the RNG chance at better gear that'll let you go higher.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is the new Necromancer xpac worth playing D3 again?

I loved the Necro in D2.
You'll get your $15 quite easily unless you're incredibly frugal in how your rate your dollars/time.

That said, the necro class is, in the end: unfinished. I gave up on S11, got bored, didn't even finish the journey. Now, the PoE expansion undoubtedly might have something to do with that. But I also know how long it takes me to complete a season journey(~1 week) so I could have finished it if I really wanted to without losing much playtime in the PoE expansion. Even after leveling 2 characters in PoE in the new league, I still want to play PoE and not D3.

Season Journey is essentially cosmetics. Which isn't bad, but if there's no continuing drive to play the game each season, I felt even the cosmetics lost their purpose. So, that's probably why I lost my need to complete this season. I might be back next season, depends on what content is added.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't like the portrait frame this season at all so was very unmotivated to finish. I might go back in to mess with Bonestorm some more now that I got the Trag wings unlocked though, see if I can push 70 with it.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I didn't like the portrait frame this season at all so was very unmotivated to finish. I might go back in to mess with Bonestorm some more now that I got the Trag wings unlocked though, see if I can push 70 with it.
It's pretty easy to push 70 with it if you have legendary gems leveled to around 60+, i started hitting a wall around 73-75 though and started focusing on getting ancients and rerolling gear.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Not sure about the pets not attacking, haven't seen that one, but they still haven't fixed the abilities not firing, etc.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure exactly what he's referencing either, but I know from my own experience I've seen my skelly mages get summoned and sometimes just stand there for a good half or more of their duration. Kinda shitty on a spell with a duration of ~10 seconds max. The animation locking/spell firing issue is annoying too.

Neither has been fixed yet, afaik.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I find I have to spam the shit out of command skeletons most of the time, annoying as fuck. Wish you didn't have to target shit for it to trigger.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure exactly what he's referencing either, but I know from my own experience I've seen my skelly mages get summoned and sometimes just stand there for a good half or more of their duration. Kinda shitty on a spell with a duration of ~10 seconds max. The animation locking/spell firing issue is annoying too.

Neither has been fixed yet, afaik.
Yeah thats exactly what I was referencing. Both the command skele skill taking multiple presses along with the skele mages just chillin.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Patch notes on the PTR show huge power boost to almost all sets. Whirlwind and SSS/EP may be competitive again which would be fun as hell

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EP Monk is probably the most fun I have ever had in this game. Whirlwind is probably the second most fun I have had in this game (before end game rifts where it was literally a yo-yo back and forth of gathering mobs for a whole level.)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Having to spam the skeleton attack button is a pain in the ass. Why doesn't it queue up and launch after attack animations? Why do you have to press it 20x times to get it to fire?

I didn't bother finishing the season journey this time around. Necro was fun for a week and now D3 is back on the shelf.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shit if they patched in EP buffs I would go back to make a monk in the season I already "finished" right now

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kind of making me wonder, are the PTR changes going to go live after the season ends? Cause that's 2ish months out :(

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea changes always happen between seasons. I just just commenting how much I love EP build :p

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was going to run Monk next season anyways, wanna try and push some higher stuff then I did this season.