Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yeah. I just did GR30 solo. By the end I killed the Rift Guardian in 40 seconds, but only cleared the thing in like 13 minutes because revive timer zzz

Also for the life of me I can't get an ancient weapon. I've only seen 1 Ramaladni so I don't want to waste it on a not good weapon
frown.png
. I can't even get the recipe for the xbow.
Clearing a rift in 40 seconds then taking 13 minutes to solo the the boss isn't much fun either. Which is what I encountered on my monk.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Clearing a rift in 40 seconds then taking 13 minutes to solo the the boss isn't much fun either. Which is what I encountered on my monk.
Yeah, it's the same on my Barb. I've taken to wearing the set that makes your CotA permanent so I can watch TV while they kill the Guardian.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Gonna fire this up and roll a barb since last since I got every class into t6 but a barb. Artemis#1332 if you can throw me a quick pl or just wanna group.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is anyone finding it more common to get the wrong main stat on your gear? Last season it happened sometimes, but for me this season I feel cursed. Playing a barb and I get a RoRG with Int, 2 Ancient 2handers with Int, Unity with Dex, plus multiple other crappy pieces of gear. Pretty sure even if I got a furnace it would roll the wrong main stat. Also, my group of 12ish people (7 of which go hard) just found its first Furnace last night. On a WD that probably won't go Jade soooo yeah.
I think that is just more of a bad luck case, I have farmed quite a bit over the weekend and only got 2 or 3 items total with a different main stat on them. Of course one of the items I found with the wrong stat was a fucking Furnace with Dex. Thankfully I got a pretty solid ancient weapon after but I was a little pissed at that one.

Still haven't found a Unity and I am having a hard time moving past GRift 36 solo as a Wizard.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoying my, probably in reality gimpy, Tempest Rush build. I got 4pc Sunwuko (really 3pc+RRoG) and I can clear Torment 4 pretty easily now. Getting close to making T6 a reality. My weapon isn't quite good enough yet I think and I could really use Inna's. Gungdo's are ridiculous, even though mine are badly rolled they help me a ton.
I don't find Gungdo to be useful at any low GR (I've done up to 35 in S2) level. Mobs don't have enough hp to survive an EP explosion unless you use the fire rune, which is a pretty big dps loss compared to cold. I have an ancient Gungdo with 20% fire and 6% crit sitting in the bank that I wish I could use, but it just isn't viable.

Nyrkki - Community - Diablo IIIis what I'm using right now. I have an Inna's spirit stone and a Cindercoat, but they both suck too much to use over Inna's chest and TKG. I don't actually use TKG's ranged ability often, but it comes in handy now and then. I switched to this initially for grouping, but I find it far more effective for soloing than my previous Bells/EP build too.

Also, the amulet socket should be a rank 28 Gizzard instead of the Boon. And I'd still be using lightning bells if I could get a new SWK amulet that rolled with RCR or lightning on it instead of fire.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gungdo is definitely for higher grifts. It's a shame, I wanted there to be a speed T6 build where you just run around marking shit with fire EP. And it does kinda work and it's fun to watch whole packs(fields of misery is great for this) cascade explode. But it's still noticeably slower than just spamming fire bells.

Speaking of disappointing, blizzard, please fix Epiphany and force standstill. If I have Epiphany active and I want to spam fire bells from a distance, no, that does not mean I want to teleport into the fucking fire chains or exploding moltens. Totally ruins glassy, high-CDR near-perma Epiphany builds for clearing T6. Fun as fuck to play when you're zipping around the maps wiping shit out. Not so fun when Epiphany teleports you into shit you definitely didn't want to.

I'm glad TKG overrides the teleport.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Epiphany making Cyclone Strike pull you to the mobs is indeed the dumbest fucking thing ever.

I got a second ramalamadingdong last night, thoughts on whether it's worth using one on my Torch?

torch.png

Average rolls other than the dex and WoLDMG, no LPSS or CDR, etc. That said, I've never had one drop for me at all and the only reason I have mine is because Fletch101 has gotten four of them and since he got about as close to perfect as a non-ancient Torch gets an hour after hitting 70 I've been getting the spares.

I'm also kind of at a loss as to what to gamble for next. I want a new SWK amulet, but 100 shards at a time is retarded. Right now I've been buying rings because I only have one Unity, but that's not going well at all either (about 1000 spent with nothing but yellows to show for it). Not sure what else there is to try for, maybe an Inna's Vast Expanse that can actually roll -11% elite dmg on it with the secondary chance of getting a decent Cindercoat?

Tenks

I'd say if you have a spare burn it on that one and keep one around for the ancient version

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can you still do a melee-ish monk? I've seen a few monk builds but they kinda all look like ranged caster monks spamming shit from afar with Epiphany to sustain costs, and tbh I don't really care much about that.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I decided to play a monk this season. I had started one in HC last season but only hit 70 for a couple weeks before hearing about the upcoming Season 2 so stopped playing (I am still a huge noob though). Apostolos#1202 but I just hit T1 yesterday when my 2nd legendary was a gundo bracer which really increased my dps. I'm only up to about Para 35, but if anyone is still in T1 look me up.

Column_sl

shitlord
Can you still do a melee-ish monk? I've seen a few monk builds but they kinda all look like ranged caster monks spamming shit from afar with Epiphany to sustain costs, and tbh I don't really care much about that.
Isnt Lightning monk what you are looking for? Even a tempest rush build is essentially turning in a circle with all melee attacks

Xevy

Log Wizard
TR flurry monk is fun, but not viable past about GR 33ish. I did get a 5.8 billion crit on a guardian though with no pylons. Biggest downside is guardians involve you running around, charging up, hoping you crit, and repeating. If they stun you or stop you you'll blow your load.

Bells monk maybe best DPS but low survivability unless you do RCD and Epiph + Unity rings blah blah. I fucked around with a physical LTK build with Flying Dragon that was comparable by sporadic based on proc. I got an Ancient Shard of Hate so I'm probably going to build a lightning monk build with some lightning ancient Ancient Parth's I got last night.

Overall GR's above 40 are ridiculous. You have to have two Unitys and a cannot die follower. Even then you can be one shit by Guardians. I think they were thinking lvl 50 was 'cap' for GRs.

And yes, that Torch is definitely worth a gift so you can roll 10% damage. By the time you find and Ancient Torch you'll probably be near having another gift.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I wonder how well an ancient duel wield (one of which is the EP fist) build using gungdo gear would do in grifts. Would probably have to use cold runes and/or max CDR for survivability in higher levels though.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dumb question: I just hit 70, so I haven't seen ancient items yet. Can you tell an item is ancient before you ID it, or is it a surprise?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What would you use as your spender? LTK's hitbox still blows, WoL isn't spammable without torch, and a dual wield tempest rush will eat your spirit in no time.

Ancient revealed only after ID. It's obvious though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So doing bounty leveling and shit, am I supposed to do the story for guaranteed legendary at some point? Iirc you can get one for 1-60 and then another for 61+, I assume the pre60 is worthless since iirc even rares at 61 were way better than most legendaries, but should I run story right at 61 to get a bunch of legendaries or should I wait until 70? The guide posted a few pages back mentions getting leoric's crown at 61 I think, but why 61 and not 70? Wouldn't it be better to wait to do all story stuff at 70 for a bunch of free legendaries? Or are they capped in level to 61?

Tenks

Dumb question: I just hit 70, so I haven't seen ancient items yet. Can you tell an item is ancient before you ID it, or is it a surprise?
Its a surprise though they have a fairly obvious orange-yellow border once ID'd around the item

Mikey78_sl

shitlord
I do not have a torch yet and have been dual wielding. Ancient Mad King's Scepter and Ancient Odyn Son - I can easily solo level 25 grifts and I got my 2nd unity last night so we will see where that takes me. I am running a torch build without the torch and relying on dual wield to increase attack speed to keep my spirit up. Working fine for now, but a torch and hitting my 4 piece sun bonus will help a lot.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So doing bounty leveling and shit, am I supposed to do the story for guaranteed legendary at some point? Iirc you can get one for 1-60 and then another for 61+, I assume the pre60 is worthless since iirc even rares at 61 were way better than most legendaries, but should I run story right at 61 to get a bunch of legendaries or should I wait until 70? The guide posted a few pages back mentions getting leoric's crown at 61 I think, but why 61 and not 70? Wouldn't it be better to wait to do all story stuff at 70 for a bunch of free legendaries? Or are they capped in level to 61?
Just run bounties or rifts to level to 70, don't worry about legendaries prior to that.

I'm only 67 Paragon since S2 started; only have managed to find a Belt of the Trove (bombardment belt) and the Double Bombardment weapon (shitty one at that). Got lucky with my first gambles and got Akkhan's pants and boots quick. It's been dry as fuck since then. Nothing from gambling after the two Akkhan's (2k shards spent) and I've done 222 bounties without seeing a single RoRG.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Took me 23 crafts to roll a good ancient arcane barb crossbow. If you all wanted an idea of the RNG luck it takes to get a decent ancient roll.