Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thornsader was fun before you got to srs bidness mode. Running into projectiles intentionally and watching wasps explode was the best thing ever for like an hour.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
MH in Diablo engine would be pretty sexy. On the other hand, Diablo engine can barely (or not even, really) handle 4 players at once so MMO seems maybe perhaps a bit beyond it I suppose.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
MH in Diablo engine would be pretty sexy. On the other hand, Diablo engine can barely (or not even, really) handle 4 players at once so MMO seems maybe perhaps a bit beyond it I suppose.
A well designed Marvel Heroes in Diablo engine would be sexy. But unfortunately Marvel Heroes as turned into a giant steamer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure it's the engine that's the problem. They just overloaded the server with too many calculations per second.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
S6 gonna make me choose between WD and monk for free set. I did both this season, and those sets are both dead sexy. I will probably do monk, though. That 6 piece with crudest boots is just a joy, and I started S5 with WD.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Zuni/Carnevil/Jeram/DoD is an end game set, so you won't need to do much to that to get your journey stuff plowed through. I hope to FSM they stop with the stupid no set stuff, but tall man/short man combo with jeram and T&T was able to get me through the grift 45 one this season for my stash tab.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zuni/Carnevil/Jeram/DoD is an end game set, so you won't need to do much to that to get your journey stuff plowed through. I hope to FSM they stop with the stupid no set stuff, but tall man/short man combo with jeram and T&T was able to get me through the grift 45 one this season for my stash tab.
They did drop the no-set thing, but most of the S6 conquest stuff is heavily group-skewed. Not sure if that is really better.

Season 6 conquests

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Curses! maybe requires a group. The rest don't. These are actually the best set of conquests yet. GR75 solo you're going to do to complete season journey anyway. 3 gems to 65 is trivial and will be done along the way to GR75. Which just leaves Curses!, T10 in under 2 minutes, and Boss Mode. It's likely each class has a spec/set that can do at least one of those solo.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Curses! maybe requires a group. The rest don't. These are actually the best set of conquests yet. GR75 solo you're going to do to complete season journey anyway. 3 gems to 65 is trivial and will be done along the way to GR75. Which just leaves Curses!, T10 in under 2 minutes, and Boss Mode. It's likely each class has a spec/set that can do at least one of those solo.
Not saying they are impossible solo, but they are very group-oriented. For non top-end players (like myself), a group is more of a necessity.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Not saying they are impossible solo, but they are very group-oriented. For non top-end players (like myself), a group is more of a necessity.
Gems and grift 75 are going to be cake solo with the next patch upgrades. Every set got significant dps boosts. Zuni got a big defense boost as well if you are rolling WD.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
So one of my managers at work got fired for being a lazy cunt. They hired this new guy and I was talking with him a bit today and apparently he plays d3 exclusively, since I haven't played before reaper of souls came out, should I bother picking this up?

What are the state of classes? Wizards any good?

The chance to buddy up with a operations manager is too good to pass up! Lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well season is about to end. Pretty much any class is good nowadays, game's really easy to pick up and play at your own pace, do your own shit and what not. Don't have to group if you don't want to(unless you're trying to compete on the ladder but that's pretty pointless unless you don't have a job so not relevant), level super fast without having to do the story 4times and shit like that. Definitely worth playing. You do really want the expansion though, as it has some of the best features like adventure mode.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can see with the new D3 season rapidly approaching and this thread nearly dead. Another nail in the coffin this week...
John Yang on Twitter:
Also Leonard Boyarski, the D3 lead world designer, left Blizzard to work for Obsidian- as shown in his facebook timeline and on a post by Timothy Cain.

I know they hired a few new artist to design and "new" Diablo project, but I'm pretty most of us D3 people understand its nothing to do with PC and everything to do with iOS and Android...

Rip D3 and hello darkness my old friend.