Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brigandier

Molten Core Raider
D3 being on PS4 does not bode well for people concerned regarding the amount of microtransactions expected on the PS4's platform.

ohmgee_sl

shitlord
My biggest question is if they are going to announce the expansion at blizzcon or is ps4 going to ship with base d3 and delay it for 2 or so years

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Has anyone toyed around with just running Keeps2 at MP9-10? I'm doing it now and it seems OK. Getting a legendary every 2 runs or so. Only main gripe is if a pack of elites get a bunch of annoying properties and follow you around the entire level. Usually I just exit out if that happens since I have nothing invested in the game instance.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
My biggest question is if they are going to announce the expansion at blizzcon or is ps4 going to ship with base d3 and delay it for 2 or so years
They will probably announce an expansion, release D3 in a year and look like they have a reasonable release schedule if they get the expansion out of the door a year after that.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone toyed around with just running Keeps2 at MP9-10? I'm doing it now and it seems OK. Getting a legendary every 2 runs or so. Only main gripe is if a pack of elites get a bunch of annoying properties and follow you around the entire level. Usually I just exit out if that happens since I have nothing invested in the game instance.
Tried this out on MP10. Got 5 legendaries in about 40 minutes and xp is great too, only downside is 0 demonic essences. Going to stick to this for awhile.

Tenks

Were you having issues with the Fallen Maniacs like I was? Those little fuckers would b-line me and just rape my shit. Not sure what stats you need to survive a hit at MP10.

Although I may just stick with clearing Act3 on MP5 since I need to upgrade my shoulders/gloves/ammy so I really need the DEs.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Were you having issues with the Fallen Maniacs like I was? Those little fuckers would b-line me and just rape my shit. Not sure what stats you need to survive a hit at MP10.

Although I may just stick with clearing Act3 on MP5 since I need to upgrade my shoulders/gloves/ammy so I really need the DEs.
One fallen maniac drops me from full to around 30%. My sustain is good enough that I'm pretty much always full. With rltw, wotb and 24% ms I can keep from getting raped. I definitely have to keep an eye out for them.

Rhuobhe

N00b
So I've never played this before. I was thinking about picking it up until I googled "Why Diablo 3". I've never seen so much negativity directed towards a Blizzard game.

Is this game worth picking up for casual play? I keep reading about a shitty loot system and the necessity to purchase USD micro transactions to do any real progress. Do any of you actually enjoy this and progress without micro transactions?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I've never played this before. I was thinking about picking it up until I googled "Why Diablo 3". I've never seen so much negativity directed towards a Blizzard game.

Is this game worth picking up for casual play? I keep reading about a shitty loot system and the necessity to purchase USD micro transactions to do any real progress. Do any of you actually enjoy this and progress without micro transactions?
I don't understand what you mean, there are no micro transactions in D3. If you mean do you need to use RL cash to buy gold for the auction house, the answer is definitely no. I killed Diablo on my barbarian pre-nerf without ever spending a dime, and the game has only gotten easier since then.

Rhuobhe

N00b
Alright maybe I misinterpreted the microtransaction thing, how about my other questions?

I understand clearing the game the first time is doable but I remember you can do different parts of the game again on a harder difficult and it becomes increasingly difficult because you need loot and that loot is very difficulty to obtain withgout farming a massive amount of gold.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Any brand new character should be able to play all the way through to 60 without ever stopping to have to farm drops or gold. Once you hit 60 it's possible that you would have to farm a bit before you could progress on Inferno (max difficulty) but the game also makes it easier to farm gear once you're 60 via Nephilim's Valor, which is a magic find/gold find buff that stacks to 5, once every time you kill a boss or elite pack. When NV is at capped at five, every boss or elite pack you kill is guaranteed to drop an extra rare.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright maybe I misinterpreted the microtransaction thing, how about my other questions?

I understand clearing the game the first time is doable but I remember you can do different parts of the game again on a harder difficult and it becomes increasingly difficult because you need loot and that loot is very difficulty to obtain withgout farming a massive amount of gold.
Never spent a penny on my character after purchasing the game. It is possible to clear every difficulty easily by buying gear from the ah using only gold found on the ground.

The game was an unfinished poorly tuned shit heap on release. People are still mad about that.

Rhuobhe

N00b
Never spent a penny on my character after purchasing the game. It is possible to clear every difficulty easily by buying gear from the ah using only gold found on the ground.

The game was an unfinished poorly tuned shit heap on release. People are still mad about that.
So its not bad anymore?

Neph_sl

shitlord
Nah. With the new crafting you could probably finish inferno without touching the AH (though I haven't done it).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was never that bad to begin with, those ppl posting complaining probably have over 500 hours into the game. We are in the era of hipsters where everything that is popular will have a percentage of ppl hating it just because its popular.

Tenks

Nah I'm a huge fan of Diablo3 but it was pretty bad at release. The new game is lightyears better than what we were first given.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So its not bad anymore?
It is a fun arpg. There is nothing revolutionary about it, but it's fun. If you are just looking to scratch the arpg itch pick up poe as it is free to play, and if that doesn't do it for you check out d3.