Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Never thought I'd see the day when I passed on purchasing new Diablo content. Blizzard confirmed shit tier.

Edit: I bet one of the new zones is a jungle with all the goddamn pygmy's as an ultra fuck you to all the loyal fans.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Never thought I'd see the day when I passed on purchasing new Diablo content. Blizzard confirmed shit tier.

Edit: I bet one of the new zones is a jungle with all the goddamn pygmy's as an ultra fuck you to all the loyal fans.

Diablo 4 in 2025 is gonna be great. After Blizzard buys GGG, they are gonna build new Diablo on PoE

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
So will it actually rez mobs or just summon shit like WD? If it's the latter, that's unfortunate.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As I said last page if you look at the skill, it looks like animal companion, but you direct what they attack as your active instead of having other actives(I think that's how the crow works? I never actually figured how that shit worked I just press it off cd until I get a better rune). So no summoning or shit. We don't know the details yet for sure but that's how it looks in the skill demos. That I had linked last page but seems people missed it since it was next to the video ^^.

And honestly from the rest of the kit, it seems summoning is going to be quite a minor part of the kit, since it's literally the only summoning skill they've shown. There might be a second, larger summon like bone/flesh golem, and maybe some passive summoning smaller pets, and... yeah that's basically the same shit as WD, only that you can kinda control your pets and the "dogs" are a squad of skeletons with some ranged skeletons in there(but that might be rune specific).

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Could give a shit about anything actually Diablo 3 related, but replaying Diablo sounds delicious.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Could give a shit about anything actually Diablo 3 related, but replaying Diablo sounds delicious.
It's not Diablo though from what I've read, it's just a Diablo inspired level, in Diablo3. You still play D3 but the graphics are like pixelized and there will be some D1 models and what not but I'd expect it to be a 5-10mins kind of thing.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Anyone expecting this to cost $10 doesn't know Blizzard very well. The fact that they are tossing in a bunch of useless junk along with the character tells me it's going to be bare minimum $20 and I'd feel safer guessing $30.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
5KDQUUJ.png

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Anyone expecting this to cost $10 doesn't know Blizzard very well. The fact that they are tossing in a bunch of useless junk along with the character tells me it's going to be bare minimum $20 and I'd feel safer guessing $30.

Spot on. For $10 you get a noncombat pet for WoW... this will cost at least twice as much. I'll probably still buy it because I'm a sucker for Diablo. Maybe the Diablo panel actually mentions some improvements to the game instead them just riding the nostalgia train to the bank.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah read they said that on stream. I guess they had no plans for Diablo, then saw the hype about D4/new expansion and just whipped up some quick stuff to show at Blizzcon.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For related pricing a SC2 co-op commander is $5 and the Nova 3-mission packs were $7.50 (discounted 33% if you bought all 3). So I could see this being $20 or less and they also start adding in some other cash shop crap at the same time.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Blizzard seems to be forever stuck in an endless pit not moving forward in relation to the Diablo franchise after the disaster of the real money auctions. Even when they removed it still kind of blah. No "hot" news. The better news is not a new class, is that room for more shit comes with it. I'd like to see stats of how many people run every season or a majority of them. I mean after a few and you play the classes you want do people keep at it? Again and again?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't honestly believe it takes a year for a reskinned witch doctor class. They must have the last two D3 staffers working on this making sure they can milk a bit more from the $10 price tag and useless vanity pets they sell. ARPG's are all but dead at this point with no real innovation coming through, Lost Ark might salvage something from the genre but it feels as if its going the way of the RTS.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
PoE is doing well, so wouldn't say that's the case. Grim Dawn did alright I believe too, even though it wasn't really a long term plan. But the genre has been "dead" for years now, it's not a new thing, there just aren't many ARPGs of this type anymore. But yeah for the future of these games, the 2 korean games are probably what you'd want to look for, sadly being korean and having a focus on online features, I would assume there's gonna be a lot of issues with them. Koreans love their microtransactions.

xzi

Mouthbreather
ya, PoE is consistently in the top 25-30 or so most games played on steam which is saying a lot out of all the games on steam + all the people not playing through steam. I will agree though, innovation in this genre isn't really a thing but I'm not sure exactly what you'd innovate on. ARPG MMO sounds cool if it wasn't an eastern company making it so you know there's gonna be a billion microtransactions and P2W items

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Marvel Heroes is an ARPG MMO and it does OK, but it obviously is a draw more for Marvel fans than anything.