Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess it depends on what you were expecting / wanting. Like I said, I enjoyed the level 1 start-finish of it, but I need to farm the named and pages still so will probably do that during the season (unless that doesn't count for some reason). All the nostalgia things were great to me, from the filter, animations, sounds, monster skins, items, etc. was pretty fun. And even a few special areas and things to do like Halls of the Blind and that blood door thingy. The last level was probably the least nostalgia-y but otherwise it was all nifty. Also I think they implied that you cause the cow armies to rise which is amusing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The event was literally run a level 1 through on Normal once then speed run 5 more times on a former season character to narrow down what uniques you still need to kill. I'm in an achievement community who call out uniques so you can join to finish off the last few instead of beating your head against RNG.

As for pages they had someone sitting in town with seven piles inviting people so they could pick them up and finish that in 5 seconds.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The event was literally run a level 1 through on Normal once then speed run 5 more times on a former season character to narrow down what uniques you still need to kill. I'm in an achievement community who call out uniques so you can join to finish off the last few instead of beating your head against RNG.

As for pages they had someone sitting in town with seven piles inviting people so they could pick them up and finish that in 5 seconds.

Well any RPG is just make a level 1 character and play until you finish. The details are what make it interesting. There were a couple of side quests here and the overall experience was neat. If you were expecting some kind of new game than your expectations were wrong. I dunno why you'd run it on normal either unless you only care about the achievements and not the event itself, it is probably a lot more fun if things actually fight back.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WoW got more D3 anniversary content than D3 did, probably because that's where most of the team is now.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Each game has its' own team right now, effectively. They're all "Blizzard" games but they don't share that much resourcing. So yea D3 team is probably tiny, WoW team is still pretty significant since they're still putting out expansions, Hearthstones' is whatever but terrible at their job. That's why you see such a discrepancy in approaches towards balance / community / feedback on each game.

I mean, the HS team is probably bigger than the D3 team and they put out a card back. Wee. They easily could have done a mini-anniversary card set with some Diablo themed casual-only cards or something.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
so haven't played in awhile:

what is the best way to level up as a fresh season char? I'll be jumping on 2-3 hours after it starts and gonna grind it for 4 or 5 hours before bed. barbarian. i'm on my old seasonal WW barb right now trying to re-learn how to play :p

is diablofans still the go-to for builds etc?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Assuming they haven't changed too much since I last played doing bonus bounties leveling up was nice since you get a ton of the reagents required for cubing items. If you just grind in rifts you'll eventually have to run bounties to get that stuff.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was hoping they were going to release this in the morning/afternoon sometime, so I could get some time in before I have to go to work. Oh well, will hit this for a couple hours after I get home late tonight.

Watched a few videos, and looks like I'll be going Monk. I like the variety of the builds, and I love the usefulness in 4 man content, even though I hardly ever do 4 man, or push 4 man Rifts.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Monk builds definitely have variety. I swear to god though, they secretly make monks squishier and squishier every season. I do one almost every time and every time it's harder. Probably part of the reason I'm gonna start Crusader or Barb this time, need some beefiness for a little bit :p

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Monk builds definitely have variety. I swear to god though, they secretly make monks squishier and squishier every season. I do one almost every time and every time it's harder. Probably part of the reason I'm gonna start Crusader or Barb this time, need some beefiness for a little bit :p
Yea. I was having those problems in Season 7. Felt I was super squishy. Maybe it'll be that way again, but at least Hammerdin builds look to be great because of Faithful Memories.