Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I completed a solo GR70 no problem. Like with 7 minutes left. I did not get anything to tell me I c an now get primals. Do I need to complete in a certain timeframe or something?

I skipped a couple seasons. Sorry if silly question.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
No, I don't think there's any notification. If you cleared it with time left you should be good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rathma set for Necro feels pretty good if you can get your mages out and stay alive. I noticed last night in my 42 minutes Grift 70 clear, that if u stayed alive and had even just 4-6 mages out, stuff was dying fast.

Targ Blood set, using Blood mages feels like it's lacking a lot of damage, but extremely safe. You very very easily have 10 mages out all the time but I didn't feel things were dying very fast even with all the mages.

Bone Storm Inarius set felt like the most damage of all the ones that I've built so far, but it felt terrible to play. Extremely clunky, but that may of been just lack of experience with the build. I never knew if I was supposed to scything stuff or just corpse lance shit to death. Both seemed to work.

Next set I hope to find and build is the Targ's Blood corpse lance build.

I really wish Diablo fans would have reset the counters for the builds when season dropped. Tons of those builds are rated so highly long before things were finalized on the PTR.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I take it most/all of you play Normal? I've never been able to get invested in that, it just feels so boring and lacking in any danger/weight; I've always done Hardcore. My Necro is doing GR55's with only the very occasional passive-pop scare, but his gear is zero Ancients and pretty terribly optimized. Rathma, Endless Walk, etc.

Gotta figure out what can increase my survivability such that I can manage higher GR's, and then I have to figure out how to do some of these conquests. Enchanted Ancients are an obvious upgrade, but I think I need another source of % dmg redux somehow. Maybe I'll use that leg gem that gives %redux to non-phys damage. Not a huge fan of the concept of conquests so far, at least being a requirement for stash tab. Tried a few last season (only came back to this game like 3 weeks before S10 end), and it seemed like you had to game them pretty hardcore (the time trials), or level/gear TONS on multiple chars for stuff like the Master 8 sets one.

Still plan to do my best to get a stash tab this season though.
Nah,mainly play seasonal. I played on normal when the necro launched to try it out and was able to hit GR 74 with no ancients on two different necro builds: bone armor (nerfed but could still do 72 with the gear he had) and Tra'goul's, just took all the of the needed pieces for the build i was using and well leveled legendary gems.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Rathma set for Necro feels pretty good if you can get your mages out and stay alive. I noticed last night in my 42 minutes Grift 70 clear, that if u stayed alive and had even just 4-6 mages out, stuff was dying fast.

Targ Blood set, using Blood mages feels like it's lacking a lot of damage, but extremely safe. You very very easily have 10 mages out all the time but I didn't feel things were dying very fast even with all the mages.

Bone Storm Inarius set felt like the most damage of all the ones that I've built so far, but it felt terrible to play. Extremely clunky, but that may of been just lack of experience with the build. I never knew if I was supposed to scything stuff or just corpse lance shit to death. Both seemed to work.

Next set I hope to find and build is the Targ's Blood corpse lance build.

I really wish Diablo fans would have reset the counters for the builds when season dropped. Tons of those builds are rated so highly long before things were finalized on the PTR.
I was clearing faster with the Trag Blood set using blood mages than my bone armor build pre bone armor/minirae nerf, just had to be careful because i was a lot squishier.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Playing seasonal hardcore if anyone wants to join from time to time. Completed solo Grift 70 last night on my necro using inarius.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"Hard to gear" really isn't something I'd use to describe anything in Diablo 3.

Unless you're Vorph. Dude seems to have the worst luck with rings.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Playing seasonal hardcore if anyone wants to join from time to time. Completed solo Grift 70 last night on my necro using inarius.

Nice, I'll have to check out the Inarius build, I have 6pc, not sure what other supporting items I need though.

Reht Reht - I meant Hardcore vs Normal, of course I'm playing Season right now. I specified since it seemed like everyone here (other than Senaiel) are playing Normal, what I'm calling Not-Hardcore, given they're talking about dying but powering through things, or "I just need to work on not getting one-shot" lol.

Not really sure what the common terms are for that stuff, it's a tad ambiguous. I've been using Normal/Hardcore and Season/Regular Roster or something to describe the two splits.

Crone

I was clearing faster with the Trag Blood set using blood mages than my bone armor build pre bone armor/minirae nerf, just had to be careful because i was a lot squishier.
I think I'm going to give Blood Mages build another try and see how well it does.

Vorph

I really like the Rathma mage build overall. I'd quit instantly if I thought there was any chance I'd have to switch to worst-build-ever, I don't care how powerful it is.

Except for one thing: I have a huge problem with whoever thought it was a good idea to make Necro cheat death kill all your minions. It's not even a 10% heal per minion, it's just a lol-fuck-you and even if my potion is up it's about 50/50 that I still die immediately after the 4 seconds is up. I've never played any class/build before that can so easily cascade one death into 4 or 5 because the ramp-up time for getting things under control is so long. You have to slowly churn out skeletons, which can't actually kill anything themselves, then command them to attack so they at least start freezing stuff, then try to build up enough essence to start casting mages. All while having half your normal hp because you also lose your 50 stacks when you die. I usually end up having to burn Land of the Dead if I want to keep the death count at 1.

Unless you're Vorph. Dude seems to have the worst luck
I wish it was just rings. :( I'd give up but I made it to GR68 in spite of everything, so I guess it's worth it to push through to the end of the journey. At least this time I won't end up with everything done except for TX in 2 minutes and then never get my stash tab, since you can just do GR75 and 50M gold for Conquests.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dying as a necro in any build is pretty brutal. As you say, all the defensive stuff has a ramp up time and if you died in the first place it's probably not because you were in a good spot :p

I like the bonestorm build but it is squishy as fuck even with Aquila and the 30% total from higher armor stacks. Also, it can be a bit janky if you get screwy density.

I tried a couple of Trag builds and had no luck with them.

The Rathma set seems like the strongest by a lot, and I found a skelly mage ring, so I should give that a shot again, but man I hate the actual gameplay. Take a few steps, summon mages, take a few more, tell skeletons to attack, take a few more, summon more mages. Wee. It's the most click-intensive passive pet build I've ever seen.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Game has way too many shitty bugs/server issues to take hardcore seriously IMO.
I really like the Rathma mage build overall. I'd quit instantly if I thought there was any chance I'd have to switch to worst-build-ever, I don't care how powerful it is.

Except for one thing: I have a huge problem with whoever thought it was a good idea to make Necro cheat death kill all your minions. It's not even a 10% heal per minion, it's just a lol-fuck-you and even if my potion is up it's about 50/50 that I still die immediately after the 4 seconds is up. I've never played any class/build before that can so easily cascade one death into 4 or 5 because the ramp-up time for getting things under control is so long. You have to slowly churn out skeletons, which can't actually kill anything themselves, then command them to attack so they at least start freezing stuff, then try to build up enough essence to start casting mages. All while having half your normal hp because you also lose your 50 stacks when you die. I usually end up having to burn Land of the Dead if I want to keep the death count at 1.

I wish it was just rings. :( I'd give up but I made it to GR68 in spite of everything, so I guess it's worth it to push through to the end of the journey. At least this time I won't end up with everything done except for TX in 2 minutes and then never get my stash tab, since you can just do GR75 and 50M gold for Conquests.

For pushing GR's i swapped to simulacrum / land of the dead. Saw a guy doing 90s with that setup and sure enough I pushed to 83 without too much effort. It lets you recover from a death pretty easily as either land or simulacrum alone will just let you wreck stuff.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Innarius is best for defensive. It has a clunky playstyle though as you are waiting bone armor to clear trash. Seananigans Seananigans if you google the necromancer storm build thst should give you some ideas.

Vorph

For pushing GR's i swapped to simulacrum / land of the dead. Saw a guy doing 90s with that setup and sure enough I pushed to 83 without too much effort. It lets you recover from a death pretty easily as either land or simulacrum alone will just let you wreck stuff.
Yeah, I'm using that build too -- Rathma Faceroll Summoner GR100+ (new video GR100) - Necromancer - Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans I cannot get two skills to numlock at once though, so I'm not sure how much that is affecting my progress, if at all.

Still don't have T&T or the Krysbin ring though. I'm having to make do with CoE, some random ring, and an almost perfect Ouroboros because my Haunted Visions is trash and I've gotten 6 Compass Rose and 0 Traveler's Pledge. No ancient scythe yet either.

Do you use Esoteric or Zei for gem #3?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm using that build too -- Rathma Faceroll Summoner GR100+ (new video GR100) - Necromancer - Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans I cannot get two skills to numlock at once though, so I'm not sure how much that is affecting my progress, if at all.

Still don't have T&T or the Krysbin ring though. I'm having to make do with CoE, some random ring, and an almost perfect Ouroboros because my Haunted Visions is trash and I've gotten 6 Compass Rose and 0 Traveler's Pledge. No ancient scythe yet either.

Do you use Esoteric or Zei for gem #3?
Meh just use autohotkey or mouse/keyboard macro software. Just have devour macro'd now.

Also, using Zei's.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Game has way too many shitty bugs/server issues to take hardcore seriously IMO.

I've literally never experienced a hardcore death due to server issues or bugs, and I've played plenty. But I'd agree HC probably isn't for someone who has shit internet.

Crone

Anyone tried out Corpse Explosion Speed farm build? It's the next build I'm working towards, just don't have all the pieces. Did some more of the Rathma mage build last night, and GR60 is my baseline, for all the builds and right now getting about 8:23 complete times. Targ set with Blood Mages was very similar and about 8:03 complete time.

With the Rathma build I switched up some skills and added Land of the Dead and Simulcrum back in for skills. Land of the Dead, with Devour Numlocked, is F'ing OP. Love it, especially with the Frozen rune. Simulcrum is a bit different, and takes some skill to use. I suppose the biggest point is you're supposed to use it to get 600 Essence Mages summoned?

Vorph

Yes. It's overkill at least well into the 70's though. I pop LotD and Sim while the RG is still loading in, get the mages out, and spam command on him until it goes off. RG dies about 2 seconds after that.

It's useful for clearing though I guess. I have about 25% CDR (35-40% would be better, but that's hard to do) and just stagger the two big cooldowns on any elite packs that look at all dangerous.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This Season kinda blows for me, especially coming from the relative ease of gearing I had in non-Season. I feel stuck at T6 since nothing is dropping, its really frustrating when you finish a rift and have no legendary / class drops at all.