Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Additional recommendations I've heard :
- Skip Darkening for leveling.
- I wouldn't chase the bounties for the +exp set either. Wait until 70 when you have a little more of a full build/mobility. Side trip in story mode for Crown of Leoric is fine though if you don't get one while leveling.
- The high-density zones are a slightly faster alternative to rifting. You have to maintain a massacre bonus though and it can get painfully boring.

This guide is a good place to start that covers most of the bases.

Edit: the one thing it doesn't cover is doing the Challenge Rift before starting season and getting the headstart with level 1 gambling.

Diablo 3 S16 | Leveling Guide for ANY CLASS (Tips, FAQ) 2.6.4 | Team BRG

I've leveled up in the past just doing Rift runs as well. I think probably the best is a mix of both depending on how bored you are.

Starting to have lest second doubts on Wiz. The Meteor builds look super easy but to get there you start with Archon builds which fuck that..... Probably sticking with it though.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So what's the verdict on good easy classes this season. Did barb on switch last season. Plody crusader a good one this season?

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Hammers kind of sucks to get through the early chapters. Barb or DH Haedrig's sets go directly into top-tier builds. I'm doing Wiz for the first time, starting Archon and pivotng to Tal Rasha.
Really can't go wrong with anything since the re-balance was supposed to tighten up a lot of the difference between classes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I picked this up for the Switch. For people playing on console are there some classes that have an easier time with controller?
I haven't played the Switch version but I tried it on PS4 a bit and I don't think I'd consider playing anything but MS DH with how awful it is to aim with sticks.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Stopped for the night at 48 but it seems like Halls of Agony level 3 massacre bonuses is the speediest leveling. Took a bit to get the skills to make it quick enough, though.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Funny, think I stopped at 48ish as well. More due to having to be up at 6am to get my kids to sports than anything else. Been alternating between Halls and Rifts, one rift then one level clear on Halls. Grinding is quicker unless you're a retard, just is that what you want to do for another 2+ hours?

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
My group mostly did rifts, took about 4 hrs, then did a t1 vault. I lucked out at 40, got custerian wristguard opened cache and went to 54, then crafted a 70 xbow and got -15 lvl after 12 rolls or so (on 8th xbow). Good times.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah I crafted a 70 2h mighty weap with a 48 req. Should make it a bit faster now.

Grinding method is something like <2hrs 1-70 vs. Rifting

Crone

I had a family thing, and I logged in 4 hours late. Group of friends had hit 70, and completed the Season journey to get 6pc just minutes before I logged in. They brought me into a T6 Rift, and was 70 in a couple Rifts. Pays to have friends in low places such as Diablo!

Fucker

Log Wizard
I haven't played in eons. Last achieve was in 2016. Made a Wiz because that's what I played normally. Lucked out and got two of those rainbow goblin portals and made good money. Got to just short of 60 paragon and one requirement away from getting chapter 4 done.

Boggles my mind how they gave up on this after one expansion.

People are nuts. Someone is already banging out L112 rfits.

It's a pretty good way to blow a weekend, especially since I haven't played in forever.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Despite their abandonment of the game, it's still the only aRPG I've really liked. Dunno why but I can just grind out in this game; PoE didn't feel good despite it clearly having immense dev support and no other aRPG had really been that big, as far as I've seen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

So I have a theory, that if someone cared to do the math could figure it out, but that they buffed the new classes based on what Condemn Crusaders, and Necros could already do. That's fine, and I love the new buffs. I rolled up a Necro for the new Season, mainly because the starter set made it go pretty easy. But now, when Barbs and DH's, with imperfect sets, missing pieces even, are face rolling GR70's and higher, I'm struggling, despite 100+ more paragon. Wtf? I've got all the pieces on my necro, all the synergies, and it feels bad. :(

My thought is that the power curve for at least Necros is based around that top 1% , in terms of gear and skill. Where as the buffs of the other classes just allow them to be so faceroll easy?

Who knows, but yea. I rolled up a Barb, and with the help of friends have most of the pieces for IK HOTA. I imagine as soon as I get the rest of my IK set, and try it out, it's gonna be just stupid good and easy. No effort required. Lol

Now I started typing this a long time ago, and since have gotten a 20% damage upgrade Amulet for my Necro, and that GR70 went down sub 6 minutes. But that still doesn't change my point!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no, i agree. the difference between the 4 piece and the 6 piece for the barb set is astronomical. everything i have is sub-optimal minus the set piece and everything immediately went to faceroll

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On DH I struggled to do my solo 20 until I found a 5th piece to unlock the set bonus. The season I played Nec I got my solo 20 done wearing all yellows and just the 4 pieces from the gift. It's all perspective I guess.