Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Issue at the start for character compatibility for us was my fault. Installed and just started a non seasonal SC toon without reading the various game types and how grouping worked. When they logged on, I learned they were doing S/HC, so that's why I had to remake.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Started a season 20 normal char on ps4, necro. Probably never gonna reach anything worthwhile before s21. So.....does my char become normal when s21 starts or what happens nowadays?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
seasonal chars become non-seasonal when it ends, all gear/stash stuff gets mailed and you have x-time to collect it before it poofs (if it does that on consoles, not sure).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like patch notes are up for the PTR for Season 21

New Necro and DH sets. New DH set reminds me of WW Barb, so may be fun / easy to run with. Not sure on Necro set yet, looks like plenty of damage but might be squishy. Seasonal buff seems meh, but maybe its really OP

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Patch 2.6.9 PTR Begins 5/21 for those too lazy to go find it.

DH build seems strange to me, as Nats was kind of already a strafe/bombard build potentially. I don't remember strafe ever being remotely as fast moving as a whirlwind barb, mainly because of the WW set granting move speed so why not go with the quicker one? Curious how it plays out

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch 2.6.9 PTR Begins 5/21 for those too lazy to go find it.

DH build seems strange to me, as Nats was kind of already a strafe/bombard build potentially. I don't remember strafe ever being remotely as fast moving as a whirlwind barb, mainly because of the WW set granting move speed so why not go with the quicker one? Curious how it plays out

New set gives strafe a speed boost. Also isn’t The Ninth Cirri Satchel with devouring arrow going to be complete bullshit?

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
New set gives strafe a speed boost. Also isn’t The Ninth Cirri Satchel with devouring arrow going to be complete bullshit?
The damage bonus of DA is additive, not multiplicative and I think it has a cap on how many times it pierces.

Bola looks interesting. The vortex bola bow + entangling arrow bow might have some good zdps synergy.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Assuming the new sets aren't put into rotation S21 starters will be:

Might of the Earth
Thorns of the Invoker
The Shadow's Mantle
Monkey King's Garb
Grace of Inarius
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
Firebird's Finery

Impale starter with a HPS buff of 75-100% damage and you can play with primary builds later on. If they matter.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The damage bonus of DA is additive, not multiplicative and I think it has a cap on how many times it pierces.

Bola looks interesting. The vortex bola bow + entangling arrow bow might have some good zdps synergy.
I really like that at the very least they tried to give you some flex on which primary skill you use.

Malakriss

When you attack with a generator, you gain 2 stacks of momentum, up to a maximum of 10 stacks. Each stack gives you a 10% dmg bonus. You constantly drain 1 stack per second (doesn't matter if you are strafing or not - it is always draining). Importantly, you only gain stacks on manual casts of a generator - the 4pc strafe auto-generator-attacks do not build stacks of momentum. Further, it isn't on attack, rather it is on hit. No hit = no stacks.

Really dislike the constant stack draining, it's too much off/on cycling between strafe and stacks.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that sounds like a hard pass if it doesn't maintain itself with the 6 piece/some other legendary. Combine juggling that with being in close range + CoE, yuck

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much. Another week or two of playtime to get all the rewards and quit until the next season.

Malakriss

621267RCYSV41592411281646.gif

Seasonal buff was changed to happen every 90 seconds with damage based on amount of kills in between.

Stone of Jordan
  • Added power: Each of your elemental's damage bonus is equal to your highest static elemental bonus to skill.

Conquests:
  • Curses - 350 kills on cursed chest
  • Sprinter - 1 hour campaign
  • Avarice - 50 million gold streak
  • Thrill - GR45 no set
  • Speed Demon - TX rift in 2 minutes

Haedrig's Gift:
  • Barbarian - Might of the Earth
  • Crusader - Thorns of the Invoker
  • Demon Hunter - The Shadow's Mantle
  • Monk - Monkey King's Garb
  • Witch Doctor - Raiment of the Jade Harvester
  • Wizard - Firebird's Finery
  • Necromancer - Grace of Inarius

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what to play. DH and Monk look to have the easiest starts. Half my party is playing DH already. New Necron set supposedly sucks.

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users