Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
  • Arcane Orb now periodically spawns up to four orbiting charges that will generate an additional orb when cast. All charges from the Arcane Orbit rune now detonate at the same time.
Curious if this effects mirror image orbs as well as your own. The DMO implications could make it fun.

• Five seconds after casting Haunt, all Haunted enemies within 50 yards are pulled to the Witch Doctor.
  • Horrify becomes an aura that causes enemies to receive 15% more damage and deal 15% less damage in addition to its other effects.
Jade Harvester is one of my favorite builds in the game, so this could be a lot of fun.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Players can obtain as many Sanctified items as they would like, however, only one Sanctified item can be equipped at a time

^ sad day, means you can only effectively primal stat a single item?

Also, those drops are probably going to be rare as fuck like the socket cubes I take it.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is necromancer gameplay still all Land of the Dead builds? I really hate the builds that focus on a long cooldown but I really like the necros other skills.

However I tried getting this season's set and could not kill shit at t6 to progress and get the armor bags.

I feel the other classes are way easier to play

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is necromancer gameplay still all Land of the Dead builds? I really hate the builds that focus on a long cooldown but I really like the necros other skills.

However I tried getting this season's set and could not kill shit at t6 to progress and get the armor bags.

I feel the other classes are way easier to play

Inna getting tossed in the dumpster, big buff to DMO that should make it less painful to play and probably the best wizard build since firebird is kinda dicey.

Malakriss

Players can obtain as many Sanctified items as they would like, however, only one Sanctified item can be equipped at a time

^ sad day, means you can only effectively primal stat a single item?
Means you can immediately pick an item and primal it, early season power jump. But when you get a really good version of that item you primal something else and swap to that as your sanctified item.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I get the concept, I just hope its rarity isn't p1000 levels like the cube sometimes is.

WW looks like it'll be fun, pull all the shit to you from a screen away it seems like?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
WW looks like it'll be fun, pull all the shit to you from a screen away it seems like?
25 yards isn't as far as it sounds. It would have a minimal effect on whirlrend speed GRs, might be convenient for pushing or group trash killing. I think tempest rhythm is gonna be the sanc of choice for everyone except LoD HotA.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So the 20 magic missile wizard crucible is probably gonna have to be changed/nerfed. On top of being OP as fuck with firebird (more damage than flameblade firebird plus range) it makes the server cry by spamming that many projectiles with that much attack speed.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I played it a bit, the PTR is already laggy and that build just straight up makes it weep. Dunno how it would affect a normal server but it will probably be changed. Balance wise it's a fuckload of damage compared to flameblade firebird and you get to do it at range but being at range means you're squishy as fuck because you're never hitting anything with explosive blast to get your damage reduction from your cubed orb of infinite depth.

The vacuum whirlwind crucible is a lot better than I thought because it has no diminishing returns like whirlwind's pull-in rune does.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also I'd like to point out that gif was only GR70. At least as high as GR110 I was still killing stuff that fast with missile firebird.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was poking around the PTR and... if you sanctify an ancient, it made it a base/non ancient 10 out of 10 times? Then if you try to re-roll it to make it ancient again it was losing the mod.

Was I doing something wrong?

Kinda wish they had kept the old d2 legendaries in the game but I guess that was a one time thing.

Edit: And for comparison, at least I can use my movement skills in town, f'n PoE logic

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was poking around the PTR and... if you sanctify an ancient, it made it a base/non ancient 10 out of 10 times? Then if you try to re-roll it to make it ancient again it was losing the mod.

Was I doing something wrong?

Kinda wish they had kept the old d2 legendaries in the game but I guess that was a one time thing.

Edit: And for comparison, at least I can use my movement skills in town, f'n PoE logic
The current implementation is pretty terrible. When you sanctify an item, it rerolls the item completely and then gives it max stat rolls but it still only has a 10% chance for the base item to be ancient. Which means you only have a 1 in 30 chance to get an ancient with the crucible effect you want, and then on top of that it might still have undesirable stats.

Malakriss

Probably a bug that it doesn't give primal stats, but that's the least of their worries with other bugs popping up from these powers. Skeleton crew better work overtime to fix them if they plan to swap seasons in a month.

Argarth

On the verandah
Hadn't touched D3 for a good couple of years, but back recently after giving Immortal the flick.

That Inna's Mantra change seems way over the top. It's a 70% nerf and would appear to make my preferred Monk not even "viable" anymore. Is that what they've been doing in recent years while I've been away? I'm not chasing leader boards, and mostly my progression is just for personal fun, but why nerf a build straight to shit tier on purpose?
Sure, tone things down some, but can't see why I'd even bother playing Monk anymore if those numbers go live.