Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
That shit makes absolutely no sense. IF your weapon is 20% physical, 80% fire, and the rune on your skill is lightning, then 100% of the damage gets bonus lightning damage.

But if your weapon is 20% physical, 80% fire, and the rune is physical.. then only 20% of the physical bonus damage applies, so you should actually gear for +fire even though the rune is physical.

In other words, physical skills are gimp and should be avoided at all costs because they way they work is stupid as fuck. If that post is even remotely true, that is. You absolutely do not give a shit about the nature of the damage on your weapon - unless you use physical runes. If you do, then Fuck You!

Really, the ele damage of a weapon should only matter for non skill attacks. You know, the ones that only happen on accident because you tried to use an ability when you didn't have enough rage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's how it worked until they fixed it last patch is my understanding. So atm, if the skill says physical, it does physical damage, regardless. There might be some rare exceptions.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
That's how it worked until they fixed it last patch is my understanding. So atm, if the skill says physical, it does physical damage, regardless. There might be some rare exceptions.
I would hope so because that whole thing is Everquest math levels of retarded.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Deathwing just said that it works the simple way now. The % damage modifiers just affect the skills directly. No weird doubling down or half-measures.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Get rid of Zodiac ring. Aim for a hellfire with Crit and AS/CD or a unique with same. Also look for a 1hander with 1200+ dps with a socket and throw an emerald in there for crit damage.

A lot of your shit isn't going to show up on stat sheet, but with a thundfury and some elite dmg shit you got on you should be fine. It might be your build that's lacking, but I have no experience with barbarians to tell you how to change that.

Narac:

Yeah, that's how it works for the most part. Some classes have skills (monks in particular) that have Phys damage for part and Holy/Lightning etc as a 'finishing' part of the attack. This is when shit gets weird modifiers. If the skill says 'weapon' damage then elemental modifiers DO apply on your elemental damage on your weapon.

Also there's some weird shit on legacy stuff that says "increases _____ damage for _____ skills" and new there's still "increases ______ damage". Who the fuck knows what that means exactly.
Just curious, why am I getting rid of the Zodiac? What should I replace it with?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I disagree about removing the Zodiac, Unity is way less dps if it comes to swapping one out. IAS > Crit chance. I would say it's your skill build more than anything, your items seem fairly solid. Whirlwind isn't great as a spender, it's either for utility or for WW builds if you can swing the fury gen now (and if you're doing WW, you still should use run like the wind). You need hammer of the ancients or something more substantial to spend rage on. Also it's not showing a rune for WotB, which may be an error, but Insanity and Slaughter are both huge damage increases (which is better depends on crit chance).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I disagree about removing the Zodiac, Unity is way less dps if it comes to swapping one out. IAS > Crit chance. I would say it's your skill build more than anything, your items seem fairly solid. Whirlwind isn't great as a spender, it's either for utility or for WW builds if you can swing the fury gen now (and if you're doing WW, you still should use run like the wind). You need hammer of the ancients or something more substantial to spend rage on. Also it's not showing a rune for WotB, which may be an error, but Insanity and Slaughter are both huge damage increases (which is better depends on crit chance).
You rock. Thank You! So looking at my gear, what should my skill build look like?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok...Critique please. My DPS is absolute crap compared to some of these people I randomly play with. I THINK my gear is good. I am fine on Torment 3, I just cant kill anything worth a damn.

Brahma - Community - Diablo III
Aside from attack speed you are doing OK gear wise, the rest comes with play time. Your build however is terrible here is some ideas for your equipment:
Barbarian - Game Guide - Diablo III
Barbarian - Game Guide - Diablo IIIif you must stick with frenzy, though rumble is my preferred seismic slam the lighting one is good too if you have +lightning dmg.
Tessai - Community - Diablo IIImy build after getting proper armor but still working on the weapons, I essentially have endless amount of fury as long as my pets are attacking.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Level 61-70 crafting will use different mats, although this raises an interesting question, will the recipe requirements scale to the level of the character? Because if so, then there's no harm doing it now unless you plan on rolling a bunch of new characters. If crafting uses same mats no matter what, better to wait and craft the legendary/set items at 70.
Crafted items don't scale with your level.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just curious, why am I getting rid of the Zodiac? What should I replace it with?
The dmg vs. Elites is huge and it has crit on it. Yes the Zodiac has high-ish strength and 5%IAS, but with a good hellfire you're getting that IAS, 300+str, and a decent chance at way better stats than that fucking dex/int garbage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well there's an issue right now where some legendaries roll lower than they would have prepatch because they removed all items that were higher ilvl than 60(or well they're still there they just won't drop until you actually are that level, which isn't possible currently). That means that say you find that Immortal King hammer weapon thingie, before it was based off a high ilvl mighty weapon like ilvl 62 or 63 but now since you can't drop that ilvl, it instead drops off an ilvl 55 hammer. That's like a 300DPS drop. Some weapon types have ilvls closer to 60 but it varies based on the types, plus 1H suffer less from that since their scaling is slower(you'd only lose say 120DPS on the same lvl difference). Now it doesn't mean 2H are gonna be insanely better than 1H at 70, but there's some inherent advantages to 2H(better ressource efficiency on some channeled stuff or stuff that doesn't scale off weapon attackspeed, higher burst) that doesn't translate well/at all on the paperdoll DPS.

There's also the fact that in the case of the crusader, you're not trading 2H for 15%attackspeed and 2 crit dmg sockets. Since you can't dualwield to begin with and shields get armor sockets, it's pretty much the difference of faster attacks for procs vs higher damage(both DPS and per hit). And I guess one more passive in favor of 1H. Does also depend on the proc of your weapon if it's a legendary, might favor some 1H stuff instead but I think it's fairly balanced for the crusader and tends to lean toward 2H if you can find a good one. Also 2H rolls higher affixes for main stat, so that helps some more.

For my build I was thinking of doing something like that to check it out:
Crusader - Game Guide - Diablo III
Basically shield block build. Not too sure on everything there though, like the heaven's fury is a free slot I could maybe use the bigger cooldown of akarat instead.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Well there's an issue right now where some legendaries roll lower than they would have prepatch because they removed all items that were higher ilvl than 60(or well they're still there they just won't drop until you actually are that level, which isn't possible currently). That means that say you find that Immortal King hammer weapon thingie, before it was based off a high ilvl mighty weapon like ilvl 62 or 63 but now since you can't drop that ilvl, it instead drops off an ilvl 55 hammer. That's like a 300DPS drop. Some weapon types have ilvls closer to 60 but it varies based on the types, plus 1H suffer less from that since their scaling is slower(you'd only lose say 120DPS on the same lvl difference). Now it doesn't mean 2H are gonna be insanely better than 1H at 70, but there's some inherent advantages to 2H(better ressource efficiency on some channeled stuff or stuff that doesn't scale off weapon attackspeed, higher burst) that doesn't translate well/at all on the paperdoll DPS.

There's also the fact that in the case of the crusader, you're not trading 2H for 15%attackspeed and 2 crit dmg sockets. Since you can't dualwield to begin with and shields get armor sockets, it's pretty much the difference of faster attacks for procs vs higher damage(both DPS and per hit). And I guess one more passive in favor of 1H. Does also depend on the proc of your weapon if it's a legendary, might favor some 1H stuff instead but I think it's fairly balanced for the crusader and tends to lean toward 2H if you can find a good one. Also 2H rolls higher affixes for main stat, so that helps some more.

For my build I was thinking of doing something like that to check it out:
Crusader - Game Guide - Diablo III
Basically shield block build. Not too sure on everything there though, like the heaven's fury is a free slot I could maybe use the bigger cooldown of akarat instead.
Seems like it'd be pretty good damage as long as things are always hitting you, though blind doesn't have very good synergy in there (I understand you'd want it for the wrath generation).

Cams Rebuttal - Game Guide - Diablo III
I want that sword.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea blind is entirely for the wrath, I could maybe run the taunt instead but the cooldown is much longer on it. That's my main issue, the taunt runes are pretty fucking good for this build though, especially the one buffing your block chance by 50%, that basically puts you at over 100%block and in turn boosts your damage quite a bit, but 20secs cd and it generates less wrath a lot of the time(but depends, it's pbaoe while glare is a cone). I remember wrath being shit but I also had shitty leveling gear and stuff so maybe it won't be as bad on live so I might drop it.

Oh and weapon wise, this one is absurd:
Blade of Prophecy - Game Guide - Diablo III
Condemn does 1100%weapon damage, when it deals damage, every enemy hit also do 1100%weapon dmg around them. It'll basically wipe groups of elites instantly only leaving the rare, MAYBE.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Aside from attack speed you are doing OK gear wise, the rest comes with play time. Your build however is terrible here is some ideas for your equipment:
Barbarian - Game Guide - Diablo III
Barbarian - Game Guide - Diablo IIIif you must stick with frenzy, though rumble is my preferred seismic slam the lighting one is good too if you have +lightning dmg.
Tessai - Community - Diablo IIImy build after getting proper armor but still working on the weapons, I essentially have endless amount of fury as long as my pets are attacking.
These all rock. Thx man!!