Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sounds like you get a % bonus magic find (legendary only) every X time period until one drops, so you can still be unlucky and have a big bonus but still no drop because probability.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Interesting tidbit about Big Bad Voodoo, If you use the rune that summons dogs and then change over to slam dance the dogs stick around afterwards allowing you to have dogs without any dog generating abilities or runes.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This also means that a DH that finds a Cold Damage Kridershot can use +% Cold Damage gear to buff both Frost Arrow and their Physical Skills. So pretty much every DH that wants to go that build is going to spend the rest of their natural lives trying to roll a good Cold Damage Kridershot.
Heh, I wish that was still true... my Kridershot is a very good cold one.
frown.png

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
@Eye - TP refreshes from taking 15% of your life, so you'll want to purposely stand in fire or let mobs whack you a bit while spamming the button. You are never going to PERMA stun lock mobs but you will do what you saw me do on the T5/6 Ubers. If you noticed me in the 20 something we did I was almost always face tanking or near the poison clouds / fire whatever to keep it going. If you want ill pop a machine and show you again or we can do some T6 named to get it down.

@Kreu Ill link you my buddy tonight who runs the meteor one. Arkael also was running the meteor one with torrent, you can look him up in the clan list if he hasn't changed it. This is the 3 basic ones below, youll want arcane dmg boosters like your neck also the other crafted items.

Arcane 1 - Spectral blade (arcane dynamo passive a must) when max stacks you dump with explosive blast as arcane damage. Our lowest DPS Wiz ran this and it felt super strong. I personally never ran this one.
Arcane 2 - Meteor (one I ran) I was using APoC items so I was using Arcane Torrent with disruption for the debuff, Teleport for mobility and it hits for 1m crits and the arcane Meteor to melt.
Arcane 3 - Strongest one of the Wizzies we xp with runs this one. He uses Arcane Orb with the orbs that circle around you, then he will arcane disruption and Teleport into the pack to blow up. Really weird but really effective, basically a melee blow up build like #1.
I'm really hoping there's some nice 2H or sources of apoc at 70 so I can run a tp/illusionist/orbs arcane build with archon on left click. The offhand that provides wormhole rune seems pretty fun. I'm able to bump my toughness up with deflection/blur/armor and survive in melee without lifesteal but I dumped my arcane build in favor of a frozen orb build for now. The number of hits seems broken and I can 1-2 shot things on T6 with all the cold % I found. Azurewrath+Frostburns would make any cold build just as broken as the stun tp spam and 50%+ chance to freeze means nothing is ever going to be moving. Either way (arcane/cold) you're gonna feel like you broke the game.

I tried a lightning build with thunderfury but I didn't like it much, stun % doesn't work well on elites. Trash is permastunned but trash is easy with any build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Okay so I read that giant post on elemental damage. If you have a lightning weapon and +lightning damage gear, you can use Blazing Fists to make your WoTHF Physical Damage, but the +lightning damage portion of the attack (most of it) would get buffed. But if you use a Holy attack, the whole attack becomes Holy and only your +Holy damage applies.

This also means that a DH that finds a Cold Damage Kridershot can use +% Cold Damage gear to buff both Frost Arrow and their Physical Skills. So pretty much every DH that wants to go that build is going to spend the rest of their natural lives trying to roll a good Cold Damage Kridershot.
That's been patched. Skills behave as you expect them to now. Which leads me to...

They fixed this in 2.0.3, WotHF:FoF is now always Holy damage regardless of your weapon damage type. All skill elemental attacks now override the damage type of the weapon.
What do you expect WotHF-FoF to do exactly? The rune does holy damage and it gives the overall tooltip that holy graphic. But the rune doesn't explicitly say "turns the damage to holy". And the base skill still says physical. So what is it?

BTW, that wasn't the bonus I was referring to. I was assuming people were debating between +lightning% for TF(and superior lightning damage skills) or +holy/physical for WoTHF. TF's damage is a large enough component of WoTHF's overall dps that it makes +lightning% better if you have other lightning damage skills like LTK and SW.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Where are people planning on leaving their character(s) for Monday night? I was thinking right before (resetted) diablo? Who knows what will happen etc. Would be really lame if you were just stuck on whatever quest you had last completed and yeah.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reset and run through to diablo quest then set on cota, when RoS hits grind to 70 then kill diablo for leg and continue on?

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I finally got a good Hellfire ring tonight. I never get good items so this was pretty nice to score.
rrr_img_63119.jpg

I was thinking, with the trifecta, that ring should hopefully still be pretty beastly even at 70. Does anyone know if you can wear the 60 and the 70 Hellfire rings, one on each finger? Or are they Unique-Equipped with one another?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Iirc they said you could cause they weren't the same items, but I can't be bothered finding the post. The 70 version does a different effect, it casts lava on the ground and does damage over time over a large area instead of a shitty fireball. It can't be used at lvl 1 though. You'll probably find better rings though, while it's trifecta and pretty solid roll on crit dmg, it's only 300str. You'll find a 700str ring with one of the other stat and it'll probably be better, and 35% xp is really not that much tbh.

Definitely a great one though.

As for launch I think I'll just play crusader right away, turn off autoskip of cutscenes and play the whole thing again. I'll probably play on master with socketed weapons and the ruby I crafted before AH went down so I should level up quickly anyway.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally got a few decent drops and got my barbarian build working properly:

IRsV8He.jpg

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
What do you expect WotHF-FoF to do exactly? The rune does holy damage and it gives the overall tooltip that holy graphic. But the rune doesn't explicitly say "turns the damage to holy". And the base skill still says physical. So what is it?
It's all Holy damage now, even the non-DoT portion. If you use LTK, then stacking lightning damage is probably better than holy damage, but just sweeping wind isn't enough. If you're not using LTK then you want to stack holy damage whether or not you have Thunderfury.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I haven't gotten the expansion yet. Probably should do that. Found out a new build last night that is hilarious, Acid Rain is awesome. So much dps.

Pyros did you get a chance to beta the crusader? I can't remmeber if you said you did or not.