Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe I'm the exception, but I'm playing a Crusader from scratch with no twinked out gear or even a hellfire ring. I'd like to say it's because I'm trying to be pure, but realistically it's because I came back to the game after the AH closed and I couldn't be bothered to farm anything. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Just going to play Act I-V with it and see how it goes.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still on the fence about buying this...

someone convince me it's worth $60
Sure. It's only $40. Consider yourself convinced.

But seriously I came back and played for a few hours yesterday after taking a week off and it was still fun to me so I bought it last night.

Fogia_sl

shitlord
Maybe I'm the exception, but I'm playing a Crusader from scratch with no twinked out gear or even a hellfire ring. I'd like to say it's because I'm trying to be pure, but realistically it's because I came back to the game after the AH closed and I couldn't be bothered to farm anything. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Just going to play Act I-V with it and see how it goes.
I'm actually planning to do the same to enjoy the leveling/equipment upgrading experience. I will go even further recording how much gold (and maybe components/jewels) I'm starting with to ensure I'm not spending more than what I've earned with this new character when crafting (since gold and storage are shared, esp. gold being automatically added to the shared pool).

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought it, but it was not an easy decision. It should have been an easy one, but if not for the new modes of play, I would not have bought the expansion. For me, there just is not really anything else to get excited about for the next 6 months. If I spend only 39.00 for games in 6 months, then I feel I can buy this one. I know I will get a few weeks of enjoyment out of it that I can always return to from time to time.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Not the only one , haven't played in a long while , waiting till expansion comes in tomorrow and playing a Crusader 100% untwinked the same to see what it's like.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Excellent, I think for me I want to see how the class feels without a whole bunch of twink gear.

Still loving WD though, probably my favorite class in the game so far.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sure. It's only $40. Consider yourself convinced.

But seriously I came back and played for a few hours yesterday after taking a week off and it was still fun to me so I bought it last night.
Yooooooou mooootherfuuuucker.

Purchased.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I wonder what the chances are of this launch going off as they say it will, just seamlessly transitioning into being able to go into act 5 and all that with no server issues. I don't see how thats possible even but what do I know. Would be a huge FU to the original team if just all of a sudden everything worked perfectly.
It appears we already have the client seeing as how expansion stuff is dropping already, and since it is online only them being able to just flip a switch seems viable. If it works as smooth as it sounds, I am going to yell "WELCOME TO THE FUTURE" to no one in particular.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Going shopping food for supplies. Off 3 days of work. 14 hours until expac goes live. Casuals and virgins stay out of my way

Needless

Toe Sucker
So 9PM PDT tonight right?

That makes me so sad that i preordered a physical copy of the CE.. tempted to just buy the digital version instead now since i don't think theres any real differences other than a few physical additions.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think stores will be open at midnight. Couple of people in mumble last night ordered the physical and called to check.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm going to do the same thing. I don't have any crap ready for him. Oh wellz.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Games goes live in the asia region in like 4hours if my googlefu didn't fail me, so we should get a decent look at how well or poorly the transition happens. Don't know if we can play there, I assume global play will be turned off during it so probably not, but I assume reddit will have people playing there saying if there servers are crashing and shit. I'm sleeping through launch time so hopefully by the time I wake up a few hours later, any problems has been fixed.

On my crusader, definitely twinking. On the other hand, I plan on listening to the dialogues and watching the cutscenes again, so it'll probably even out in time spent, but it'll make the combat less annoying this way. I don't have most of the gear though, just sitting on 4k materials to craft shit on the fly as I need it, do have a cain's set which is pre 2.0(but got the plans too), a pretty large ruby like radiant something for weapon sockets, I have enough mats to make 2 hellfires which I waited to make in case they roll crusader bonuses, I'll make one or two depending on the rolls I get and then I have a legendary weapon with a -17req on it but no stats so I'm hesitating with just crafting a bunch of hallowed weapons, I found the plans after the AH closed and I had bought most of the other plans. Will probably dump my fiery brimstones into it because why not, it's not like I'm gonna use them for anything else anyway.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is this the first time blizzard has actually done a 9PM PST release so us east coasters aren't forced to stay waiting until 3AM to play a launch? It's actually surprising and makes me want to start referring to the D3 team as Good Guy D3 team.. especially after they fixed the game.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Games goes live in the asia region in like 4hours if my googlefu didn't fail me, so we should get a decent look at how well or poorly the transition happens. Don't know if we can play there, I assume global play will be turned off during it so probably not, but I assume reddit will have people playing there saying if there servers are crashing and shit. I'm sleeping through launch time so hopefully by the time I wake up a few hours later, any problems has been fixed.
It might not hurt to stay logged in tho. We already have the expac downloaded, and like Mists of Pandaria launch, Blizzard is just flipping a switch and turning it on at the right time. All you will have to do is restart your game (not log out) and chose act 5. They actually have a queue system set up as well to handle the traffic. I think they got a good idea of what to expect with the 2.0 launch, and tonight should go just fine

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It might not hurt to stay logged in tho. We already have the expac downloaded, and like Mists of Pandaria launch, Blizzard is just flipping a switch and turning it on at the right time. All you will have to do is restart your game (not log out) and chose act 5. They actually have a queue system set up as well to handle the traffic. I think they got a good idea of what to expect with the 2.0 launch, and tonight should go just fine
Yeah I know I'm gonna leave my computer on while I sleep just in case of.