Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Neki

Molten Core Raider
haven't touched this game since about 2 months after release. thinking about picking up the expansion. how gimped am i going to be, and can anyone maybe throw me some weapons/armor so i'm not totally fucked?
There's no trading anymore dude

There was only 1 or 2 people that were playing HC full time in the clan, so I ended up leaving right before the expansion. If all you do is play HC and are serious about it, I suggest you join a HC only clan. Much better grouping and sharing of loot.

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
I play HC exclusively, however not in the clan. Crusader died yesterday but back to 70 tonight. Add me if you would like to play sometime (although a lot of nights group is full). hoggfight102#1915.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
haven't touched this game since about 2 months after release. thinking about picking up the expansion. how gimped am i going to be, and can anyone maybe throw me some weapons/armor so i'm not totally fucked?
There was a level cap increase. Think of it like when TBC came out.. everyone was on the same playing field after they levelled.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of my buddies in the clan went to Unity in HC and are liking it there, look them up.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
This shit is as bad as Everquest was. Trying to farm a rare named in the hopes that once he spawns, he has the rare drop, is nuts at best. Scorpitox can fucking bite me.
Yeah, there is no point in farming a legendary crafting component at the moment. And there is no way they are not going to do something about it, tons of threads are popping up on the official forums with people complaining about it. They will at least increase the drop rate, but I personally wish they'd add a vendor that sold all those legendary crafting components for blood shards that way you have an alternative way to spend blood shards.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Did the Manglemaw run this morning before going to work for about 30 minutes on torment 2. Would of tried higher torment but I'm only at 420k dps with 4mil toughness. I got a few gems, 5 cartilages and a legendary quiver plan called Archer something. Plan to run it some more hoping to score some legendary gear.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I did 30 or some Mangle runs with what should have been a high internal counter to get a legendary and got 1 legendary, 10'ish cartilage and fuck all rest. I found it to be a waste of time. I still find speed clearing T1 rifts to be where it's at. Not to mention it is 1000000x more fun than Mangle.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A few of us did Mangle last night and it's just RNG but who knows if Blizz did something and didn't say anything.

We did like a dozen runs and 1 person got 1 legendary. But last night was a bad night for me and Obs at least... 10 Caches and 5 T1 Rift runs got me 2 legendaries and I don't think he or anyone else in our group fared any better.

Neph_sl

shitlord
What else are wizards running besides Frozen Orb?

I was doing a Blades/Meteor build before I happened to reroll +15% Arcane Orb damage on my boots (I was going for +Meteor damage). So I said eff it, switched to a glass cannon Frozen Orb build and things just started exploding.

I actually started with Arcane Orb - Scorch, bc I have a +fire damage Stone of Jordan. But that rune just doesn't feel right. The projectile itself does shit for damage, while the fire it leaves behind does most of the damage. If I'm lobbing giant balls of fire, I would think that them balls would be laying the hurt, not the crap they leave behind. Also, Scorch just doesn't have the width/aoe of Frozen Orb.

In general though, fire skills on a Wizard feels pretty lacking. It'd be nice if Blizzard changed a Disintegrate rune to fire. With my Meteor build, I was running with no runes for the fire damage to take advantage of my +fire SoJ. And running a skill without a rune is another one of those things that just doesn't 'feel right'

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What else are wizards running besides Frozen Orb?

I was doing a Blades/Meteor build before I happened to reroll +15% Arcane Orb damage on my boots (I was going for +Meteor damage). So I said eff it, switched to a glass cannon Frozen Orb build and things just started exploding.

I actually started with Arcane Orb - Scorch, bc I have a +fire damage Stone of Jordan. But that rune just doesn't feel right. The projectile itself does shit for damage, while the fire it leaves behind does most of the damage. If I'm lobbing giant balls of fire, I would think that them balls would be laying the hurt, not the crap they leave behind. Also, Scorch just doesn't have the width/aoe of Frozen Orb.

In general though, fire skills on a Wizard feels pretty lacking. It'd be nice if Blizzard changed a Disintegrate rune to fire. With my Meteor build, I was running with no runes for the fire damage to take advantage of my +fire SoJ. And running a skill without a rune is another one of those things that just doesn't 'feel right'
I'm still running FO and spent a couple million gold the past few days rerolling pieces to increase Arcane Orb damage.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Been leveling my Wizard and have noticed the almost complete lack of Disintegration builds. Is this skill considered sub-par? Personally I love jetting out a huge laserbeam.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
FOTM, personally it hit too low for me and I went arcane dmg but its all preference. If you can kill whatever torment you are aiming for and having fun WGAF.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did the Manglemaw run this morning before going to work for about 30 minutes on torment 2. Would of tried higher torment but I'm only at 420k dps with 4mil toughness. I got a few gems, 5 cartilages and a legendary quiver plan called Archer something. Plan to run it some more hoping to score some legendary gear.
Except for the legendary component drop, why are you doing it on t2? Legendary drop rate doesn't increase the further up the torment scale you go (correct me if I'm wrong!), only gold and XP. Click it to torment 1 for a chance at the sets and farm faster.

Also, I don't know the forum handle, but whoever gave me the WD knife: I love you. I just need the helm that makes fetishs permanent, and I'm going to go full on necbromancer. During manglemaw runs, if I can get him out of the door way (so he can be surrounded), I can actually keep Slam Dance up permanently and can ALMOST chain summon fetishes. This shit is so OP.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No legendary drop rate does increase the higher you go. Unless you're smashing the higher torment levels though, there is no real point. Doesn't matter if you're just farming chests however, in which case T6 is by far better than T1. Yesterday on my DH I was getting a legendary every 10mins or so running chests on T6. Seems to sometimes stop dropping but switching between places seem to "fix" it, could just be confirmation bias/RNG however.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Where were you chest farming? I am intrigued by this if you can score legendaries that quickly lol
my shitty monk needs gear~