Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, I got tired of using the "force stand" command when using the left mouse button for long range skills. Typically, I use my space bar to move to my mouse pointer, so I wanted my left mouse button to function like the right, i.e., automatically "force stand".

Took some fiddling, but I figured out the best way.

Anyways, download x-mouse, set "alt" as "force stand" and set up as I have in this screenshot.

Cool thing about x-mouse is it only makes modifications to the mouse key bindings when you are in game.

The trick is to set it up with a few millisecond delay before pressing ALT, so it doesn't prevent you from clicking boxes/interface/etc.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whoa, you can click spacebar and it'll move to your point? Is that the alternative so you don't accidentally click on a mob when trying to run? I just use exclusively right/left click + alt if I need to stand still.

Hake_sl

shitlord
I run disintegrate, have 4 arcane power on crit, with a 54% crit rate. If I just channel disintegrate for 6-9 seconds, my arcane power runs out, so I use a free signature spell as something to cast while it regens. Don't know how you can expect to infinitely channel disintegrate without running out of power unless you use a bunch of legacy +10 arcane power on crit items or something.

My wiz:Zio - Community - Diablo III
The disintegrate sustain build i believe is the first step to the great wizard build
wink.png
If you can't sustain it, then you need more arcane on crit (obviously you have very high crit so this would completely change everything for you), alternatively you can use the arcane regen passive, or the conduit rune on magic weapon, or the rune power of the storm on storm armor (-3 arcane cost per spell? huge), or the arcanot rune on the familiar (not super effective, but still can help).

The disintegrate sustain build is easier to play than my build because you only need to focus on one thing : sustain disintegrate
wink.png
Once you know where is your "sustain break-even point" you can start deviating slowly from that (think deviating from a starcraft build once you can play the standard) by switching a passive or a rune, and adding a second skill that cost AP. Then the goal is to use that second skill (example frozen orb, but could be meteor or anything) until you have 0 AP, and then use your sustainable skill while you're basicaly empty in term of AP, and if possible fill the bar up using crits by maximizing number of targets.

When i used to run the disintegrate build I had no problem at all sustaining it, even on a single target. I really liked this build when i was playing it also because the disintegrate spell is very easy to control and maximizing damage is super easy (it's not the case for ray of frost). You only have one damage button, and it makes for very relaxing play sessions. Since myself I play in hardcore I found this very good because since you focus on less things, you can focus on staying alive a lot better.

Hake_sl

shitlord
Hake, if disintegrate was easy to run, you wouldn't be using the cost reduction rune on Ray of Frost to make it cost almost half as much as Disintegrate. You can run ray of frost because it has a cost reduction rune AND because you have the legendary that make it not suck, but for the most part you can't sustain a spender spam unless using an extremely slow 2H with a lot of cost reduction stacked, high crit and some apoc(which with a 2H is a lot more limited since you don't get the OH for it). If you have the right gear and can afford to not use signature spells, it's probably going to be better(would still need to run a comparison with black ice vs the cost reduction rune at the expense of having to slot a free spell instead of arcane orb and use it every now and then), but that's quite a big if. It's just easier to gear for normal usage.

It's a bit like saying "I don't understand why people use a hatred builder on DH, with shrine gloves, cindercoat and helm of pride you can run cluster arrow without ever using a builder, why don't people do that". The answer should be fairly obvious.
It's actually pretty easy to run
wink.png
Only requires 40% crit rate which is quite easy to find, and to build your character properly with the right passive & runes.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I really don't understand why people use electrocute (or any of the low damage spell that cost 0 AP). You can sustain spells that do 5-10x that damage like disintegrate or ray of frost... every time i see a wizard with electrocute + frozen orb and him using electrocute 90% of the time it breaks my dps heart. Myself I run ray of frost (+source that makes it pierce) + frozen orb, and I don't understand why people don't copy that...

Hake - Communauté - Diablo?*III(that might be in french, sorry
tongue.png
)
A high DPS wizard (which yours isn't) obliterates with Electrocute+FO. Beyond that, no one is going to copy your build...because it's shit.

Hake_sl

shitlord
It's not really one build i'm talking about, more of a different play style. Sure electrocute / FO works, there is no doubt about this, I just think they are much better builds out there and I think this is a pretty good direction.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Whoa, you can click spacebar and it'll move to your point? Is that the alternative so you don't accidentally click on a mob when trying to run? I just use exclusively right/left click + alt if I need to stand still.
There's a "move" keybind you can configure in the options.

I just set the hold command to one of my extra mouse buttons that I can hold easily with my thumb.

I'm currently using Glacial Spike / Frozen Orb. I've got the Mirror Ball source which causes Magic Missle to spit out 2 extra projectiles. It's fairly common with 58% critical to see all the missiles hit a single target for upwards of 2.5 million each (with a variety of +cold damage and +magic Missle damage items ) . I'd love to swap to the conflagurate rune so they all pierce, but I need to wait until I roll enough +fire damage gear that my damage doesn't go to shit when I do.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hrm, a few friends got booted from Clan, how are we checking who gets booted?

niss_sl

shitlord
Hrm, a few friends got booted from Clan, how are we checking who gets booted?
Your friends can't post on the forums for themselves? I'm not even in this clan but I'm guessing it's for forum posters ONLY; not a forum poster and their extended family.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Love RNG. T3 rifts all morning long, probably around 12-15 rifts open. 2 legendaries, both utter shit, nothing from gambling over 800 shards either.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
MannerCookie - VIT Resist, u cray cray MC - Twitch

he goes into detail as to why VIT > all res for crusaders do you guys playing the crusader agree? I kinda felt it only made a difference with his certain type of build that used holy cause, and a certain rune akarats.
Looks like he is basing his reasons on a few skills, so if you don't use those skills this wouldn't apply to those Crusaders.

Before RoS, there was always a baseline resistance you wanted which I would think there would still be now but its probably not as strict as it used to be. My problem with what he is saying is he doesn't value resists because you can dodge those elements easier. Well if you somehow get hit by one and don't have the resist to survive a one/two shot then you die.

I would just always make sure you don't get one shot, regardless if you're using Akarat's Champion or not. For the most part I think his ideas are pretty good, I just wish he would mention having some kind of "minimum" resist or baseline for his resists.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You can't really farm plans right? I want the hallowed protectors one
frown.png
need that holy damage shield hnnggh