Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So after spending a good amount of time on my WD, and not seeing any Legendary armor that were upgrades to my rares, I decided to switch over to my Monk for a while.

I must just have the worst luck for Legendary armor, but my Monk is rolling up the same way. Legendary weapon, and all armor is rares.

However, my Monk in all rares, can survive in T1 much more than my WD ever could. With Mantra of Healing, I was up to 8.5M toughness, until I dropped down to 7.8M to gain 15% lightning damage on some rare bracers gambled from Kadala.

I am hitting the same problems as others have experienced with OWE. Gear has to have 1 additional perfect roll in order to be an upgrade. I somehow got Lightning resist as my top one, and so every piece of gear that's what I'm looking for.

We'll see how this goes, but so far it's been fun smashing Rifts on T1 which I never was able to do very well on my WD.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Enjoy your OWE hell! Play the monk through rares and maybe some weapon upgrades since you can't roll resists on them anyway. Seriously fucked up passive that needs to be removed because it's affecting every class. Ditch it and fix monk survivability via dex. And fuck DHs, they seem to enjoy role playing wet paper bags.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm at the point with OWE that I don't give a shit but if an item has poison resist on it I get giddy.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Peoples expectations are funny for this game, its been out 3 weeks and people expect BiS weapons and to be crushing higher torments. On the other hand you have people doing 1-3m T1 rifts a few times a week crying that nothing has dropped for them.
This is somewhat faulted logic. People aren't complaining about the item not rolling bis, they're complaining about the fact that they haven't even gotten the item. Even once you get the item odds are the item could be a lot better. I'd like to at least have seen set pieces for example.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Enjoy your OWE hell! Play the monk through rares and maybe some weapon upgrades since you can't roll resists on them anyway. Seriously fucked up passive that needs to be removed because it's affecting every class. Ditch it and fix monk survivability via dex. And fuck DHs, they seem to enjoy role playing wet paper bags.
Entirely not true
frown.png
I can barely do T1 on my shitty DH.. it's actually really pathetic.
I love the mobility with tumble.. but god damn do i ever get blown up quickly when an elite pack gets near me

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Nice gear except I'm barfing at all your different +damage to elements.
The bracers are just because I'm too lazy to switch back and forth for my lightning damage reapers while rifting. The helm/SoJ I haven't been able to find lightning versions of and the andy proc/SoJ elite damage are too much to give up. Physical still helps boulder toss, it's nice seeing the 45m crits when dumping fury.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They really need to break the weapons down into categories. It's insane that wizards, witch doctors, and DHs can roll for sources, mojos, and quivers specifically, rather than just "off-hand", but other classes have to roll into a pool of items the size of Montana.
No they don't. Weapons effect how your character performs far, far more than a class specific offhand or a slot of armor. Being able to roll an individual weapon type would greatly diminish the feeling of getting a legendary weapon drop. I already think gambling rates should be lowered. I spent maybe 1000 shards on chest pieces and got no fewer than 6 legendaries. And this is pretty common for me not really RNG being RNG.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can anyone provide comparison of playtime required when targeting the harder to get BiS items in d2? Like actual data on time required to farm. I also feel like my friends get focused on a singular item not dropping, and my initial impression is that they are pussies.

While trading would also be a factor improving time to aquire an item, I think the massive china bot rmt factor probably had too much of an effect on the economy to bring it into consideration.

Tenks

It is impossible to farm for a specific legendary in this game. You can't even "work the numbers" like you could in D2 because at level 70 you're killing level 70 mobs. So they all have the same basic loot table.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
I understand. I'm Just guessing it was way harder to legitimately get a full set of BiS gear in d2 than d3. And they are just jaded from all the "you're super special!" items tossed at them in all recent mmo's/arpgs.

Tenks

I understand. I'm Just guessing it was way harder to legitimately get a full set of BiS gear in d2 than d3.
Farming for yourself? Absolutely. It was nearly impossible to properly gear yourself in D2 if it wasn't for the massive bot/dupe market. I played D2 for years, years and years and found exactlyoneSOJ and zero Zod runes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No they don't. Weapons effect how your character performs far, far more than a class specific offhand or a slot of armor. Being able to roll an individual weapon type would greatly diminish the feeling of getting a legendary weapon drop. I already think gambling rates should be lowered. I spent maybe 1000 shards on chest pieces and got no fewer than 6 legendaries. And this is pretty common for me not really RNG being RNG.
Shard prices for gambling should account for this. I'm assuming that's the reason rings cost 10, weapons 15, amulets 20. If I spent same 1000 shards on some mythical 1H flail category, I would get 2 legendaries. Given the pool is 7 flails, I would need to spend, on average, 3500 shards to finally get my foote. I'm not sure if that's reasonable or not. Considering out of all the rift farming I did yesterday I ended up with essentially 4 souls and 600 shards, idk. Maybe it was a bad night of farming, but 4 souls and 600 shards shouldn't feel like almost nothing.

Keep in mind that was hypothetical. Spending those shards on just a 1H category is much reduced from that. I'm going to guess at least 10x.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, I think you misunderstand our point. Or, at least mine. The expectation is that you be able to complete BiS, whatever you envision that to be, in a reasonable amount of time. Based on my play time and drops so far, completing BiS 6 piece Akkan is not reasonable. I do not expect it right now, that's silly, but I also don't want to put tons of hours into completing it, that's too much. For reference, I've gotten exactly 0 set drops since hitting 70. And I had all of three(2 blackthorn amulets and a shitty Inna's chest) while farming at 60. I would have expected more given the amount of time I've played would have smoothed out RNG.

And don't get me wrong, it's not even about BiS. I want this set because the set bonuses look fun. 6 piece Akkan + 56% CDR means you have Akarat's Champion up 100% of the time. That completely changes how you play your crusader. So many different builds and weapons become viable. That's fun. But not so much if it requires the amount of farming time it does currently.
Stuff like this worries me from the guys with a lot of play time. Given there is no longer an AH and the large number of Legendaries, I feel like you should be able to target a single item somehow.

Not an EQ style camp the FBSS. Not get X shards and buy it, and maybe tier it so you cant have a fresh 70 target a Shard of Hate, but some way to say "I really need a Tal Rasha BP" or whatever you need.

Every 25-50 Paragon levels you may pick one item to focus.
The focus item is on a separate drop table starting at X% to drop and increasing to a max of Y%
Once you get the item you need to wait 1 week before picking a new item.

Or if that's too specific, how about a focus on a 1 handed weapon. Or gloves. Or whatever slot.

Tenks

Shard prices for gambling should account for this. I'm assuming that's the reason rings cost 10, weapons 15, amulets 20. If I spent same 1000 shards on some mythical 1H flail category, I would get 2 legendaries. Given the pool is 7 flails, I would need to spend, on average, 3500 shards to finally get my foote. I'm not sure if that's reasonable or not. Considering out of all the rift farming I did yesterday I ended up with essentially 4 souls and 600 shards, idk. Maybe it was a bad night of farming, but 4 souls and 600 shards shouldn't feel like almost nothing.

Keep in mind that was hypothetical. Spending those shards on just a 1H category is much reduced from that. I'm going to guess at least 10x.
*Shrug* its the nature of RNG as a mechanic. Some days you'll have dry spells some days loot will rain down on you. I had the complete opposite day. Started out with IK gloves dropping from Butcher. Then SoH dropped from some rift mobs then Ice Climbers (which I spent maybe 3-5k shards gambling for) dropped from some rift mobs (same rift too iirc.) Three massive upgrades in one day. If you got clear upgrades each and every day you log in the game would get boring real fast.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously. Picked up a Sledge Fist pretty early on, and have a rare socketed sword in my off hand. But any of my armor, if I switch out something that had lightning resist, watch my toughness drop by 500k or whatever, because it makes every damn resist drop by that amount.

Back in the day, I was like this is sweet, and now it's like wtf, this sucks. OWE sucks!