Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Needless

Toe Sucker
So one of you math dudes help me out here. I got a chest piece that has +15% to Haunt damage. Now Haunt already does 4000% weapon damage, over 12 seconds. So to me, 15% seems like junk. Maybe just a mind trick... 4000 vs 15.

But maybe it's 15% more of the 4000%? Not 4015%? I think this is where you dudes talk about multiplicative versus additive.

I mean, 15% to Firebomb damage sounds sweet. It's base is 155% so another 15% seems like a big deal. Not so much when the base you are starting from is 4000%.
frown.png
What Xevy said, it's multiplies x% onto what the skill already does, not adding an additional 15% onto it.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
T IV seems to be my peak efficiency for rifts. Shit dies pretty much in a 3 cluster leap unless I'm really unlucky. T V is a big step up, I can clear it but it's far from efficient. None of this matters since really you don't get shit for doing it but more XP, the loot difference is minimal.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Okay, I'm sick of trying to figure out why I'm not doing as much damage as I think I should be. Help a brother out.Xeronumous - Community - Diablo III

I've been trying to stick with the MM/Conflag build for killing everything and using Blackhole/Meteor Storm for elite packs. What am I doing wrong? I know my helm is bad (been trying for an Andy but no luck yet) and that my neck isn't fantastic. Also, my wand is for a different build, but I haven't dropped anything that has more DPS/INT with a socket yet. No Devastator plans or Burning Axe either, so I don't know what I should be looking for besides those two.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Your amulet sucks, any amulet without crit dmg is gonna suck since it's the slot with the most crit damage other than weapon socket. Try to get one with crit dmg instead of attackspeed, and probably crit instead of vit too.

You use Unwavering Will, are you actually facetanking stuff? If you are, drop Conflag, get Audacity, 15%damage is more than 6%crit. If you're not facetanking, drop Unwavering Will, get Glass Canon.

Other than that seems alright to me, but you do have a lot of tanking stuff, which suggests you're doing fairly high torment. Your problem is most likely you're doing higher than you can handle. You'd probably better off dropping Blur for Glass Canon, dropping one or two torment, replacing Deflection with the damage magic weapon and just fucking everything up before they even hit you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gambling is super expensive for amulets and crafting is too, so yeah it's kinda annoying to get good ones. Rerolling vit to crit dmg or elemental is usually your best bet, so you get main stat crit dmg elemental and whatever.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I've only gotten 2 legendaries from Kadala since RoS has come out...fucking bullshit. Then I'm doing a t1 rift and i hit a random object and it drops set shoulders (Raekors) ???????????????.??.? ???????????????

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay, I'm sick of trying to figure out why I'm not doing as much damage as I think I should be. Help a brother out.Xeronumous - Community - Diablo III

I've been trying to stick with the MM/Conflag build for killing everything and using Blackhole/Meteor Storm for elite packs. What am I doing wrong? I know my helm is bad (been trying for an Andy but no luck yet) and that my neck isn't fantastic. Also, my wand is for a different build, but I haven't dropped anything that has more DPS/INT with a socket yet. No Devastator plans or Burning Axe either, so I don't know what I should be looking for besides those two.
Audacity and Glass Cannon. Make Magic Weapon > Force Weapon. Black Hole > Spealsteal. More crit damage. I'm guessing this is for T1-2?

I prefer Explosive Blast > Chain Reaction to meteor. Walk up to a pack, trigger Chain Reaction, pop Black Hole to suck them all up and pound them with a couple of volleys of MM as you blow up. I also like to have Frost Nova/Cold Snap to hold stuff in clumps if they're tougher than trash, for that you'd need to give up Energy Armor or Sparkflint though.

Arcane - Community - Diablo III

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
meteor is just flat out way better than explosive blast as a spender unless you have wand of woh.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I made a mix of IK 3 piece and Earth set 3 piece. Way more fun than flat our earth set+ full fire gear. Something about having my brobarians stick around and fuck shit up. Easily cleared T V with it, hopefully I can get my hands on a sunkeeper soon to speed up elite clears, but even then it's not that slow. Tried to go back to the WD and Wiz but couldn't, once you start stomping mother fuckers with earthquakes you can't go back.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Audacity and Glass Cannon. Make Magic Weapon > Force Weapon. Black Hole > Spealsteal. More crit damage. I'm guessing this is for T1-2?

I prefer Explosive Blast > Chain Reaction to meteor. Walk up to a pack, trigger Chain Reaction, pop Black Hole to suck them all up and pound them with a couple of volleys of MM as you blow up. I also like to have Frost Nova/Cold Snap to hold stuff in clumps if they're tougher than trash, for that you'd need to give up Energy Armor or Sparkflint though.

Arcane - Community - Diablo III
Pretty much liquiddeath just needs to get a new amulet, missing ~8 crit and ~80 crit damage is where he is losing a lot of his damage. So yeah, even though they are expensive roll amulets from kadala until you can get elemental, int, crit, cd. Switching to force weapon is great if you have no problems surviving, swapping to blackhole from blazar to spellsteal I don't think is a good idea with his 70% fire damage, it would almost be cut in half.
And yeah, replace that helmet and weapon liquid, sounds like you know your problem, you just need to get the loot.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Pretty much liquiddeath just needs to get a new amulet, missing ~8 crit and ~80 crit damage is where he is losing a lot of his damage. So yeah, even though they are expensive roll amulets from kadala until you can get elemental, int, crit, cd. Switching to force weapon is great if you have no problems surviving, swapping to blackhole from blazar to spellsteal I don't think is a good idea with his 70% fire damage, it would almost be cut in half.
And yeah, replace that helmet and weapon liquid, sounds like you know your problem, you just need to get the loot.
Thanks for everyone's input so far.

As far as weapons go, aside from the obvious fire damage weapons what should I look for? Just highest DPS/INT with a socket?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm annoyed at how few of the act cache legendaries have their stats up on the Diablo 3 site so far. How am I supposed to know if I care or not? No one talks about them so I just assume I don't, though

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm annoyed at how few of the act cache legendaries have their stats up on the Diablo 3 site so far. How am I supposed to know if I care or not? No one talks about them so I just assume I don't, though
Horadric Caches Bags Legendary Exclusive Rewards - DiabloHub

And EVERYONE uses/wants cache legendaries, if at least the ring of grandeur. Some of the others can be nice like Pride's Fall, Illusory Boots, Hell Trapper, Coven's Criterion, Mad Monarch Scepter etc.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got my ring of grandeur already, but it's fun to farm on normal sometimes. Was just wondering what I should aim for if I do that. Thanks!

Needless

Toe Sucker
What class do you play? Pride's Fall from A3 is always nice to have. Especially if you are a ranged class.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The boots that allow you to walk through mobs are something you can get used to, if you dont need a set item on that slot (until you get ice climbers, I guess).