Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Man playing a DH is so tedious idk if I'll make it to full mara set for the sentry build. I'm already sick of all the kiting and the clicking and the skill combos and the resource management. fuck.
While gearing up, roll +fire and +cluster arrow on gear, and get a reaper bracer with +fire, +cc (farm malthael for this). Learn which mobs tend to instagib you and vault to avoid it. Generally you can kill most things before they get to you (or you just vault back once). You don't have to kite much. I recommend marked for death(contagion) or smoke screen (whichever you prefer), vault, pet(wolf), vengeance(the hatred regen rune), some builder skill, probably grenades (tinker) or the slow chains one (with the 6 hate rune) for hate regen and because they're fire), and cluster arrow (loaded for bear) for massive, massive damage).

Take perfectionist, the 30% dex->armor passive, blood vengeance, and archery or steady aim as your passives. Try to use globes or potion for healing. If you don't find things killing you all the time, you might replace perfectionist with ambush.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Farm boss at end of The Ruins (in Oasis) in story mode. Figure out what quest you need so that you can have a portal directly there for your next game.
Forgotten ruins ?

whatever wp you get, is wiped away once you kill that boss or whatever and you need to speak to adriah.

anyone want to show me the way of fire monk?

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Forgotten ruins ?

whatever wp you get, is wiped away once you kill that boss or whatever and you need to speak to adriah.

anyone want to show me the way of fire monk?
Yeah, forgotten ruins. I used to farm it for a unique for an HC achievement, hence the portal comment. But yeah, that would shut down the portal, so you'll have to search out Oasis for it each time. At least you can farm KW while doing that.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This game will not give me a Cloak of Garwulf or Marauders Visage! I want to have 5 sentries and 9 pets while wearing a T&T!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Cut down the garwulf and have your sentries spam MS and CA for maximum ownage? That's probably better than 2 extra wolves isn't it?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Well 1 of the marauder piece is the chest and another is the gloves. if you want garwulf and Tasker you can only reach 4 marauder right? Even with RoRg that's one short, unless i'm missing something.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
frown.png

Oh wait the 6pc marauder wasnt factored in - its cool and all but i rather 5 sents - i dont mind not shooting out the CAs. Sure its nice and all but i'd like to mess around with it all. What im mainly missing atm is the stupid quiver for added sents, cloak, and marauder visage.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
You can have 5 sentries or even 7, the consensus tho is that shit blows up way before you can even put them all down. I'd go Marauder 5 pieces + RoRG, skip the garwulf and keep Tasker. The Marauder pets are plenty to keep shit busy. Take the passive for 3 sentries and use the Xbow (forgot the name) or the Rucksack if you have it to make it 5 or 7, but it's overkill at this point as far as i'm reading.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My desire to farm the RRoG is near 0! I have only gotten like 1 SoJ in a ridiculous amount of hours farming - and RROG doesnt drop at all either.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm trying to determine what kept me playing WoW a lot longer than D3. Essentially, they're the same games: loot hunts. You kill the same shit over and over and hope the thing you want drops. Was it the better drop rates in terms of hours played? Was it the raid lockouts mitigating burnout? Was it the social factor? Was it PvP(for some, not me, I suck at PvP)?

Just writing this makes me want to play WoW again. And if it wasn't for the whole host of negatives with cat herding(sorry, I can't play an MMO without raiding), I just might.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Raiding in wow was all about figuring out bosses and putting them on farm mode and then enjoying the comfortable lifestyle of blowing up loot pinatas every week till the next dungeon.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, that rarely worked out to be a positive. 90% of that was not figuring boss mechanics but rather making sure you and your guildmates didn't fuckup within the thin margin for that hard mode.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
While gearing up, roll +fire and +cluster arrow on gear, and get a reaper bracer with +fire, +cc (farm malthael for this). Learn which mobs tend to instagib you and vault to avoid it. Generally you can kill most things before they get to you (or you just vault back once). You don't have to kite much. I recommend marked for death(contagion) or smoke screen (whichever you prefer), vault, pet(wolf), vengeance(the hatred regen rune), some builder skill, probably grenades (tinker) or the slow chains one (with the 6 hate rune) for hate regen and because they're fire), and cluster arrow (loaded for bear) for massive, massive damage).

Take perfectionist, the 30% dex->armor passive, blood vengeance, and archery or steady aim as your passives. Try to use globes or potion for healing. If you don't find things killing you all the time, you might replace perfectionist with ambush.
I'm pretty much a bad, but I have pretty decent gear and I have a hard time with cluster arrow. You get off very few shots which is fine for normal because you just explode everything, but in torment it isn't enough. I do pretty decent damage with rapid fire with the withering fire rune and a bunch of +fire damage/+rapid fire damage. But I still die sooo quickly, I have to really take it easy. I haven't decided if I am just in dire need of learning to play better or if my gear is bad. Generally though I have some of the good gear that people go for. Cindercoat, andy's visage, depth diggers, etc. My toughness is at about 1.8 mill I think and sheet damage is like 400k I think. idk, I tend to die faster than the other DHs it seems so I am looking to change up spec and playstyle a little. That is the big drawback with rapid fire, it is hard to be mobile.

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty much a bad, but I have pretty decent gear and I have a hard time with cluster arrow. You get off very few shots which is fine for normal because you just explode everything, but in torment it isn't enough. I do pretty decent damage with rapid fire with the withering fire rune and a bunch of +fire damage/+rapid fire damage. But I still die sooo quickly, I have to really take it easy. I haven't decided if I am just in dire need of learning to play better or if my gear is bad. Generally though I have some of the good gear that people go for. Cindercoat, andy's visage, depth diggers, etc. My toughness is at about 1.8 mill I think and sheet damage is like 400k I think. idk, I tend to die faster than the other DHs it seems so I am looking to change up spec and playstyle a little. That is the big drawback with rapid fire, it is hard to be mobile.
In terms of CA, to add to what Mud said: You want RCR on your shoulders for sure (Dex, Vit, RCR, +life/+area, maybe), and on your Magefist, if you can get it. You can reroll IAS from your Magefist if you need to. Even before the A3 cache helm, you should be able to blow up stuff with CA easily before running out of Hatred. Capt. Crimson's boots/pants will help with this. I started my DH with those + Aughild's shoulder and helm. Reaper's Wraps are very good and easy to get.