Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Trying to get set pieces through random drops is a losers game. It can happen but if you want your set the best way to obtain it bar none is to Rift It Forward and gamble the slots with Kadala, if you are quick you can get 1500-2000+ blood shards an hour and target the piece you need. Can you get shit streaks yes but you should be able to get all if not most of a set over a weekend.

The cache bullshit is super fucked though, some people get 10 RoRG's without trying others go 1000's of caches without one.. it's total bullshit and the RNG from them needs to be toned down. I am still upset about grinding 1000 or so act2 cahces without gloves.

penalty_sl

shitlord
I love logging into this game and decided what I want to do.

Pvp game?
arena pvp?
tiered rifts?
min/max my gear for pvp or pve?
work on completing a different t6 build for my class?
climb the pve ladder?

Just kidding, games shit. Bored as fuck. Back to LoL till ladders. Theres just absolutely fuck all to do in this game after getting your gear.

Silence_sl

shitlord

Pvp game?
arena pvp?
tiered rifts?
climb the pve ladder?

Just kidding, games shit. Bored as fuck. Back to LoL till ladders. Theres just absolutely fuck all to do in this game after getting your gear.
...spend several billion gold and thousands of souls getting perfect rolls on all your shit.

Martyr_sl

shitlord
It is fun watching my gargantuan kill elites in 2 hits. The trick of course is understanding how to place him.
Mind sharing this a bit further? I assume you place the garg by re-activating your skill? Haven't noticed any kind of pet management in D3 on my wd, I'm still kinda new to this class. Any advice is helpful =)

axeman_sl

shitlord

Pvp game?
arena pvp?
tiered rifts?
climb the pve ladder?

It's actually remarkable how few meaningful goals there are in D3. At least in D2 you could do things like realistically obtain the best gear in the game, work towards a level cap that's hard but possible to reach, and do PvP in surprisingly competitive surroundings if you knew where to look. While the Diablo series has always been one without a concise and well-defined endgame, D3 seems to have deliberately tried to eliminate any goals at all so that playing is a pure gear grind with no sense of purpose. They've gone out of their way to systematically remove all the endgame goals, either by completely taking them out of the game or by making it so unrealistic to reach them that nobody considers them valid goals.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Up to 270 hours into this game, and am prollly in the lower bracket compared to most of you guys. The game is shit, riiiiiiiiiight. Original D3 was absolute shit. RoS fixed a ton tho and you guys are really, really really, hard to satisfy. Knees too sharp i guess.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How does one define 'rng'? Is it per item roll or per item drop rate? In my opinion, D3 has drop rates per game/per item etc, not straight rng. If it were purely rng, how do you account for blackthorne's dropping far more than any other set piece(s) in the game (aside from the compass rose)? If it's all rng, why wouldn't you see more duplicates like you do with the blackthorne's? Is it a combo of drop rate and rng?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
How does one define 'rng'? Is it per item roll or per item drop rate? In my opinion, D3 has drop rates per game/per item etc, not straight rng. If it were purely rng, how do you account for blackthorne's dropping far more than any other set piece(s) in the game (aside from the compass rose)? If it's all rng, why wouldn't you see more duplicates like you do with the blackthorne's? Is it a combo of drop rate and rng?
it's been already established items do not all have the chance of dropping. it's still RNG as in RANDOM, but the roll is weighted yes. RNG doesn't mean every item has the same chance of dropping. People used to bitch about the RNG back in EQ, and god knows the items did not all have the same chances of dropping in there.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It's actually remarkable how few meaningful goals there are in D3. At least in D2 you could do things like realistically obtain the best gear in the game, work towards a level cap that's hard but possible to reach, and do PvP in surprisingly competitive surroundings if you knew where to look. While the Diablo series has always been one without a concise and well-defined endgame, D3 seems to have deliberately tried to eliminate any goals at all so that playing is a pure gear grind with no sense of purpose. They've gone out of their way to systematically remove all the endgame goals, either by completely taking them out of the game or by making it so unrealistic to reach them that nobody considers them valid goals.
I agree with the premise of needing more activities or variety of things to do, but your examples dont really support what you are saying. Take "realistically obtainable" ... that is a very wide term, and I guess so is "best gear in the game". For D2, high end runes and thus the rune words, specifically the ladder ones, are probably things that fit that description - I would say those were not realistically obtainable without wading into a sea of dupes. Your opinion may vary of course, but either you lucked into the 1 in a billion drop or traded for a 99.9%-likely-to-be-duped rune. And level 99 is not really different from Paragon 800 (which I welcome, and I really like that paragon continues - I hope they expand the system in the future). That leaves just pvp from your list of examples, and D3 is indeed more limited in that regard then D2 was.

That said so far Blizzard is treating the game like any release of the early 2000's, would be nice if they stepped into 2014 and came out withfrequentupdates and additions like PoE, Marvel heroes, hell even TOR or GW2 if you look at MMOs.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kadala is at least a viable way to farm sets now and you can pretend its an MMO and work for one "raid aka set" slot a week?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Up to 270 hours into this game, and am prollly in the lower bracket compared to most of you guys. The game is shit, riiiiiiiiiight. Original D3 was absolute shit. RoS fixed a ton tho and you guys are really, really really, hard to satisfy. Knees too sharp i guess.
Did you know they can fix and improve a bunch of things and the overall game still be shit? The game is fun again, but long term playability is much reduced. Most people playing more than one character are either botters or people who have despaired about drops on one character and have switched thinking it might be different(it won't be).

And I disagree about Kadala. Downed 5k shards into chests, no Akkhans. Quite common to put in 500 shards and nothings but yellows and blues. Over 10k elites killed, my one non blackthorne's/invoker set piece is a DH chest. Blizzard is stuck in an old mentality of reward. I don't have time to slog through this shit anymore.

Keep this in mind: rifts on release, just 2 months ago, dropped at 1/4th the rate they do now.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
With RiF you can also speed it up, I think I spent 12k or close to it on my Barbs shoulders so that sounds about right for bad RNG.

I play different toons a week at a time to see what I like best not to see if drops are better. It keeps the game fun for me playing and learning different classes and builds.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've found RiF has gone to shit. Half the time I specify who opens, 3 people join, that person figures out they will have to open and leaves.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh no I meant joining others games for shards, I do it while watching TV or working otherwise it is so GD boring.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It is hilarious to hear people like Penalty say the game is shit when they've logged hundreds of hours into the game. Really makes you wonder what the fuck some people are thinking.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mind sharing this a bit further? I assume you place the garg by re-activating your skill? Haven't noticed any kind of pet management in D3 on my wd, I'm still kinda new to this class. Any advice is helpful =)
I use the super large garg, not the one that stays out all the time. What happens a lot is when you go to summon him he is that he gets blocked by the fetishes and so he just stands there. To get around this you have to reposition yourself behind the target before you cast him. I also notice that there will be times when he just stands in place right after being summoned. I find moving and attacking seems to wake him up. He will still go and attack something else at times but since he kills that target so fast, he usually comes back.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It is hilarious to hear people like Penalty say the game is shit when they've logged hundreds of hours into the game. Really makes you wonder what the fuck some people are thinking.
It's hyperbole, mostly. I'll admit I've logged tons of time into the game. It's fun to play, they've made lots of improvements, well worth my money. But it leaves a bad taste, i.e.: the game is shit, when a lot of the content I want to try is hidden behind hundreds of hours of RNG.

5-7 sentry DHs sounds fun! Never going to be able experience it though. Hence, the game is shit. Yes, it's stupid when people don't articulate their opinion. But lots of hours played doesn't mean they can't rag on it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A standard $40 expac, yeah, it isn't shit. The expectation for a Diablo game + hiding so many different builds behind specific gear drops that you don't know when you might get them, yeah, the game is shit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's hyperbole, mostly. I'll admit I've logged tons of time into the game. It's fun to play, they've made lots of improvements, well worth my money. But it leaves a bad taste, i.e.: the game is shit, when a lot of the content I want to try is hidden behind hundreds of hours of RNG.

5-7 sentry DHs sounds fun! Never going to be able experience it though. Hence, the game is shit. Yes, it's stupid when people don't articulate their opinion. But lots of hours played doesn't mean they can't rag on it.
I got my last piece of marauder yesterday and the rucksack, but I agree with you. The game needs some type of random boss encounters tossed in much like how you have the chance to encounter 20 treasure gobs. Maybe a random super hard diablo type boss who can face rape you for an hour but has assured legs on death?