Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
So I finally got a Fate of the Fell for my crusader, and I was assuming that I'd be rocking the shit out of t5/6, and while the holy shotgun is alright, its not the world of awesome I was expecting. I'm using the jekenenenenebord with it because its the best of my shields (no reason to the use the one with the CD).

I've got RRoG, with some auglids (sp), and some other decent shit. Non-buffed dps is at 900k with 6mil tough. I feel like I'm missing something major...

What is a good build for holy shotgun?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Holy shotgun doesn't work without 6 piece akkhan.

Until you get that, use FoTF with eberli charo and get the cooldown on Heaven's Fury down to 6s.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Holy shotgun doesn't work without 6 piece akkhan.

Until you get that, use FoTF with eberli charo and get the cooldown on Heaven's Fury down to 6s.
Yup, that's what I was missing: holy shotgun only works well while under arksomething champion.

Thanks.

I think I'd rather get a foote and just go shield crazy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Foote is a crutch, you can use Jekangbord and no builder without Foote. Not sure it's worth it anyway after being nerfed.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Foote is a crutch, you can use Jekangbord and no builder without Foote. Not sure it's worth it anyway after being nerfed.
Previous to gettting FoTF, I had that awful 2-h sword that procs the 300ish% spinning axe, with Jekangbord crits around 10mil. T3/4 were not problem, but not getting it done any higher.

Seeing as I don't have a single piece of ark, I'm gonna shelve the idea of holy shotgun for now.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Fucking MoJ hat, fuck fuck fuck. Fuck Kadala and that hat icon. I get everything else including troll MoJ but not the real deal. 11.5k shards and counting...

Full Jade set, still 1/4 pieces needed for a good pet build.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont see even ladders bringing anything new to the table. Getting ladders to restart the same boring content and rift bosses that do more damage as you descend into a rift isnt fun.

They really need to bite the bullet and redesign their legendaries to have more depth and to work with other ones to open up diverse builds. They started that with certain items and sets but its kindergarten level. A nice boss with unique loot that is close to impossible to kill like Uber Atziri in PoE would be nice also. Having that carrot at the end of leveling + perfect gearing for end game loot is rewarding, it gives you something to work towards and have to rework your build as you learn the phases of her fight and do something that 99% of people cannot.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I dont see even ladders bringing anything new to the table. Getting ladders to restart the same boring content and rift bosses that do more damage as you descend into a rift isnt fun.

They really need to bite the bullet and redesign their legendaries to have more depth and to work with other ones to open up diverse builds. They started that with certain items and sets but its kindergarten level. A nice boss with unique loot that is close to impossible to kill like Uber Atziri in PoE would be nice also. Having that carrot at the end of leveling + perfect gearing for end game loot is rewarding, it gives you something to work towards and have to rework your build as you learn the phases of her fight and do something that 99% of people cannot.
There will be a bit of new content (sewers) as well as new ladder only legendaries and new gems for rings/ammys. Among other things, most likely.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fucking MoJ hat, fuck fuck fuck. Fuck Kadala and that hat icon. I get everything else including troll MoJ but not the real deal. 11.5k shards and counting...

Full Jade set, still 1/4 pieces needed for a good pet build.
I spent a shitload of shards trying to get a MoJ without success. Eventually got lucky and looted one. I've spent twice as much on T&T gloves.. still haven't got them.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I spent a shitload of shards trying to get a MoJ without success. Eventually got lucky and looted one. I've spent twice as much on T&T gloves.. still haven't got them.
It took me just over 11k shards to get my gloves. Spent another 5k now trying to get those +dmg while moving pants (forget the name) and have only got 2 legendaries.

Drakonar

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played in a few weeks, or followed this board, has anyone hit 1000 paragon yet? Is that even possible? Last I saw someone had managed to play/bot to 400.
I don't have the link handy, but one person has gone a bit over 900 now. Pretty sure it's a 24/7 group effort.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't 800 the cap for where you can spend the points? My math is probably wrong, but if it is right, what do you gain once you get past 800?

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I think it's a different client altogether.

Also, this + Rimehart seems like it might be broken.

Crippling Wave
Skill Rune - Tsunami
Every third hit now also Freezes enemies for 1.5 seconds
Edit: after going through the monk changes, looks like Blizz wants cold monks to be a thing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A new Legendary consumable has been added

Ramalandi's Gift
Use on an unsocketed item to add the maximum number of sockets that item type allows

And yeah they've been changing elemental skills. They're apparently removing poison from DH altogether(but forgot a few skills) and are pushing for more cold instead which was very shit before. Same for barb, lots of cold.

Also for DH, The Shadow's Mantle

(2) Set Bonus
Now, upon receiving fatal damage you instead automatically cast Smoke Screen and are healed to 25% Life
This effect may only occur once every 120 seconds
(4) Set Bonus
Has been redesigned
Now causes Shadow Power to last forever

That 4piece, combined to the unnerfing of Shadow Power back to 35% damage reduction...