Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Silence_sl

shitlord
Finally got a Wand of Woh after all this time. Decent roll, too...came with a gem slot. Now I just need to figure out what to reroll on it.

rrr_img_75220.jpg

Silence_sl

shitlord
will a legendary have stats for the character that identifies it or the character that got the kill?
The one that got the kill.

You can wind up with other stats, however.

I tried getting a RoRG off and on for a week on my crusader. Logged on to my wizard and very first cache spit out a rorg. Shit! 3rd one on that toon. Luckily, it rolled strength.

Ramar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reroll the socket to cool down reduction whenever you get the gift. That is seriously the best Woh I've ever seen.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Finally got a rucksack and a dex TnT for my DH. Such a bullshit build. My WD can barely clear gr32 in my phys/zuni build and I'm stuck playing jade spec whenever I need to rank a gem past 30. DH Sentry build tho? Cleared tier30 Grift on my FIRST try with marquise gems and no dex on one ring and ammy.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blade of Prophecy + Frydehr's Wrath is so stupidly fun. Shit's letting me run Torment levels well above where my Season Crusader's crap gear (otherwise) should. One-shotting rare packs and 2-3-shotting greater rift guardians once I've got enough white-mobs on my tail is hilarious.

Way slower when fighting something one on one, though. Trade-offs I guess
smile.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone playing seasons or sticking with their pre-season characters?
I am playing my regular guy for now. If I get back into the game I might start a seasons guy but who knows.

So what is the deal with greater rifts? is there a best time to do them? best difficulty? Or just do them on whatever difficulty you can handle regular rifts?

Whelp glad I saved my Firebird pieces. Ran an almost perfect cold ROF build and could barely do T5 to smashing T6 in way under 10 mins with a mix match Firebirds set... Fast T6 really rains the legendaries, I should be able to optimize fairly easy. I do miss my ROF build, was quite proud of the pieces, maybe blizzard will fix cold one day. BTW any spots open in the clan?

-Forin

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am playing my regular guy for now. If I get back into the game I might start a seasons guy but who knows.

So what is the deal with greater rifts? is there a best time to do them? best difficulty? Or just do them on whatever difficulty you can handle regular rifts?
Torment setting is irrelevant to grift difficulty.

As for when to do them, do them if you have gems that need upgraded levels. Best difficulty? Lowest difficulty that allows you a good chance to upgrade the gems. Even if you're gear is pretty good, you'll upgrade your gems quickly enough, this is just me min-maxing. I do T5 decently and smash T4, level 24 grift is my highest, and I already have legendary gems with decreasing upgrade chances.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reference chart for leveling gems:

D3 Speed Leveling Legendary Gems - Pastebin.com

Speed Leveling Legendary Gems

Gem Upgrade Chance / Greater Rift Level Compared to Gem
----------------------------------------------------------

0% / -7
1% / -6
2% / -5
4% / -4
8% / -3
15% / -2
30% / -1
60% / +0
60% / +1
60% / +2
60% / +3
60% / +4
60% / +5
60% / +6
70% / +7
80% / +8
90% / +9
100% / +10
The most efficient way to get a level 25 Legendary Gem would be farming "9" Greater Rift Trial Keys,
which drop off normal rift guardians/bosses.
Than proceeded to complete Greater Rifts Level: 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34, 37
Which allows a 100% chance to upgrade your gem to tier 25
PS. don't forget to hit upgrade gem every time you complete a greater rift

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that happens the first time. After that you only get ones you don't have.