Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The one burning question I still have that hasn't been answered yet, is does this have hard skips?

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You can completely skip dialog or you can can step through voicelines with a mouse click.

Even if you're not a lore person at all I still recommend listening to the first 20 minutes or so of quest dialog. It's pretty cool.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
they brought the butcher back again? sigh...

say it. say your catch phrase!
"sigh... go for the eyes boo."

The Butcher is a random event. He just shows up in dungeons sometimes and wrecks your world. If he kills you he poofs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Eh it definitely improves on it but doesn't innovate. I mean, do you seriously fucking think that it's even really possible to innovate at this point? Why do you think so much shit in PoE is completely fucking retarded and convoluted nonsense? Every single thing that can be done to innovate the genre has already been done. Over engineering is bad as PoE has often shown.

If this was the Blizzard of old all this account bound garbage would be out the fucking window. If this was the Blizzard of old they would have blatantly ripped off every good idea people liked about PoE, and LostArk and then stripped it of all its queerness slapped a dark Gothic UI and graphics over it and called it a day as they high five and got blown in the Cosby Suite.

I don't need Blizzard to innovative, I need these arrogant twats to stop sucking their own dicks and go back to what made them great stealing the shit out of everyone else, then stripping away the gay and polishing it.

• 7Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 8 users

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
differences between barb and sorc are not even funny. Ranged are sooo much more easy...barb get a bit better once u get death blow, but still survivability is not even comparable imho

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's the way it is in most ARPGs until you reach true endgame. Barbs are the most painful class to fresh start with in D2 as well, and then they turn into wrecking balls at high levels of gear

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
You also need a pile of weapons for barb, once you get ones that are good for each skill it becomes way better. Arsenal system could be very cool end game but its a rough start.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
differences between barb and sorc are not even funny. Ranged are sooo much more easy...barb get a bit better once u get death blow, but still survivability is not even comparable imho
Look into the Aspects of Power and some of the legendary perk synergies. Sorcerer right out of the gate is much more easier to play. But Barbarian end game I have a feeling will be very strong. As long as he has a gap closer and can beat on something, probably near invincible. Its those moments where shit is warping around the screen or invulnerable that I think the class is going to maybe.. struggle.

Regardless, the elixirs are fucking OP. So even if you do struggle, you can drink an elixir and smash shits face.

Lastly - you guys need to group up if you're farming. Join the clan or something if you're struggling to find people "FiresOfHeaven" - as you get a stacking bonus for each person in your party.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rogue is really neat but I made a sorc and I'm just deleting everything in sight.

Bug? I have no issue skipping lines or conversations entirely.
Think so, I alt-tabbed and then I was able to skip again.

• 1Solidarity

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I deliberately skipped all lore in beta so I can take my time and enjoy them at launch.

And yes melee is a lot hard to begin with thanks to all the melee bosses.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Melee is always ass in any arpg until endgame. Always.

Not just argps. I would say that is mostly true for almost every genre. Ranged always have a bit easier time at the starts. Just logical. And a lot of games have bosses/mobs that are mostly melee based.

Will have to see how things pan out towards the end. Hard to judge when its just act1 and I think its level 25 for this? Everything is going to feel slow and weak.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rogue is good, but I feel like an awful lot of it is due to the legendaries I picked up. Without stuff like +1 Shadow Step charges / instant charge when you kill with SS, ~50% faster shots with basic attacks, or a 300+ hp barrier when I hit an elite (on low enough CD that it goes off many times during a boss fight) I think it would be a lot different game. I assume drop rates have been boosted for beta because like Tearofsoul Tearofsoul I have legendaries in almost all slots and a few extras in the stash. Only thing I haven't seen really is a legendary bow or xbow.

As for ranged vs. melee, I've never been interested in barb in Diablo, but at least for rogue I find melee (Flurry) way stronger than ranged (Barrage). I do use a ranged basic attack though, since the class will probably always be a bit of a hybrid.

Also, I get that bug with not being able to skip dialog too. I think it goes away if you go out to character select and load back in.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nothing really matters until end game content is explored. If i buy it it will prob be a week or two after release so i can gauge it based on how fast the poop sock autists rip through and explore the end game

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
One small thing I want to point out is that

Don't forget to extract the "orange stat" from a legendary item and then imprint it on a better yellow item to make a new legendary. That way, you end up saving tons of legendary item from early game.

Or, you can imprint a codex of power (unlocked from completing dungeons), to make a new legendary item.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know what the deal is with the orange affixes you get from completing the mini-dungeons? Like one of them I see currently offers the 'barrier on hitting elite' buff that I have on my chest currently, but my chest is almost double the barrier hp. Is that shit all just random or what? Of all the dungeons I see right now there's 1 rogue-specific, 1 generic, and everything else is for other classes.