Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Two things stick out to me from that time.

1) Them posting their amazing progress on learning how procedural generation works, deapite them previously being the industry leaders and letting all of the people who knew how to do it go.

2) Then doing a live demo of how they make legendary items, which was two unimaginative fat neckbeards brainstorming at a whiteboard saying that basic things were "pretty cool".
<pedro pascal laughing then crying.gif>

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, when I started programming stuff it was initially with thought of trying to get into games, but between getting fucked over on pay and hours compared to normal coding jobs, and the kind of people filling the departments, I settled for some nice un-sexy back-end.
The story of all marriages.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Has Blizzard commented at all on the lack of the map overlay like POE and other Diablo games?

Can't see any reason this isn't a feature. There has to be beta backlash over it. I'm assuming it's been addressed somewhere because it's not really an issue you can just ignore. It's a base feature in ARPG's.

Similar to the pressure they got about Fields of Hate not being auto-flag PvP-- there has to be pressure on the map being out of line with existing offerings from previous Diablo games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Has Blizzard commented at all on the lack of the map overlay like POE and other Diablo games?

Can't see any reason this isn't a feature. There has to be beta backlash over it. I'm assuming it's been addressed somewhere because it's not really an issue you can just ignore. It's a base feature in ARPG's.

Similar to the pressure they got about Fields of Hate not being auto-flag PvP-- there has to be pressure on the map being out of line with existing offerings from previous Diablo games.
*waits for Blizzard to make the map a phone app*

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, when I started programming stuff it was initially with thought of trying to get into games, but between getting fucked over on pay and hours compared to normal coding jobs, and the kind of people filling the departments, I settled for some nice un-sexy back-end.
Backend 4 life nukka. Frontend makes you gay. Games probably make your more gay unless you just make an indie thing in your free time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Backend 4 life nukka. Frontend makes you gay. Games probably make your more gay unless you just make an indie thing in your free time.
Just be a Javascript developer and your backend/frontend/db oh and also gay.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is the only way to be a straight coder to go back to punch cards?
COBOL

Screenshot_20230409_135911_Chrome.jpg

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Makes sense, it was designed to be read by people who have no idea what coding is.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TypeScript makes using JavaScript when you have to okay. I only hate JavaScript when the above is mentioned. Team normally makes apps or whatever bullshit in JavaScript and get the brilliant idea to do every layer of the application in JS not not something more suitable. Causing gayness that can't be fixed and you just have to hate it.

JS does not have NPEs though which is a big reason why it stays popular. As dealing with them can be really annoying.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
*waits for Blizzard to make the map a phone app*

We'll be lucky if it's an app. I could see it getting paywalled as a "UI skin". It seems unusual the D4 UI is so bad unless they plan to sell skins or mods for it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually feel bad for them having to do marketing's fucking job. What a bunch of assholes making them advertise their game.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually feel bad for them having to do marketing's fucking job. What a bunch of assholes making them advertise their game.
Thats what Ive been saying all this time. For fucks sake - have a fucking hot piece of ass talk about the game. We'll know shes a dumb cunt, but at least we'll be talking about the fucking game instead of Gums McGhee, the Choker Fugly.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users