Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Xevy

Log Wizard
D4 is going to be okay. Not amazing, not complete trash.

It's up to people to decide whether or not they want to fork out the 60 dollars, absolutely NOT the 90 dollars, to play it for a bit or if they want to boycott Blizzard for whatever weird personal reasons and vendetta they have. I may just not buy it because the betas were okay, but there was 0 gameplay or itemization or anything within the first 25 levels that excited or hooked me. It looked polished, but cold and boring. I'll gladly wait for the 90 dollar dickheads to play the game to endgame to see if there's anything there before buying.

I'm guessing this is a game they just need to dump out as fast as they can for the return. Hence the expensive trailers and music copyrighted videos and shit. They don't need to do that and the way they're doing it, fake Q&A and all, just makes it seem like somethings off. It's the desperation. Blizzard of old could delay this fucker 3 more months and people would be salivating the whole time. Current Blizzard is in such shambles they just need to push a product and get the box money first so they can pull a New World/BF2042 and spend then next year actually making the game good.

But yeah this is FoH. The opinions are 75% negative and of that most of them are weird zealots with personal hatreds for shit that most of the time isn't even relavent to the game itself. 20% are fanbois of the game creators and 5% are people who like the game despite most public/LOUD opinions here and just never speak up. So you're either some crusading asshole or some white knight and people who just play and like games get to sit quietly in the back while those two won't shut the fuck up.

• 1NPC
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't played the beta or watched almost anything about D4 ...But take my word for it, this game is trash. My complete lack of knowledge about it tells me so.

raw

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand everyone here batching about a cost.

We have been spoiled over the last 5 years + with all the steam sales , Xbox game pass, Playstation pass etc. I used to spend $1000+ a year on gaming easy and now I have access to hundreds of titles for $15 a month.

This is one of the cheapest hobbies on a $1 per hour of enjoyment basis out there.

• 3Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is one of the cheapest hobbies on a $1 per hour of enjoyment basis out there.

Overheard Raxx saying earlier that some of the guys at Maxroll cleared the story in 7h.

If true that's not $1 per hour. Even if a normal player can't clear it in even triple or quadruple that time solo.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Overheard Raxx saying earlier that some of the guys at Maxroll cleared the story in 7h.

If true that's not $1 per hour. Even if a normal player can't clear it in even triple or quadruple that time solo.
I know some people will put it down after the story, but the story doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot for the vast majority of ARPG fans.

• 4Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If you just did campaign only and knew it all already? Sounds about right for as hardcore as those guys go. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they did alpha and closed beta testing too. They were basically all there was for d3 for a while.

There was another guy I was watching, seemingly less hardcore and knowledge, and he said it took him the 10 days to finish up(which included campaign, dungeons, side quests etc). No clue if that meant going all the way to 100 and then final difficulty or what. But I assume that is playing almost all day for that little 10 day review for all the ones invited to it.

Like me and others have said, this is 90% sure going to be a 2-3 week thing, and then you're done. I just haven't seen anything that would keep you playing after. There is no endless treadmill it seems. Which is fine, I've never played these games for any kind of long duration anyway.

I expect the ones who have been testing for a while and play hardcore, to be at least 50 and into paragon before Thursday ends. Barring the almost guarenteed server issues, just a matter of how bad.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Well shit, Call of Duty games have had 2 hour campaigns for decades. WTF is Blizzard thinking making it take 7 full hours for some hardcore poopsockers? Don't they know they could be giving us a fraction of that gameplay to increase their profits?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Vanilla D3 may have done 4 Acts but they wanted you to do the whole game 4x over on higher difficulties which was impossible for many classes and most builds. But they at least had the zones and maps from the four acts to work with for the act/named specific crafting mats and later bounty system. A whole expansion only added a single Act worth of zones, and the necro pack had some scattered about but no one even went there except for the random bounties.

Space usage and density, existing asset management, etc is important since you can't rely on later (smaller) dev teams to do the whole kit when they want to only focus on $$ transactions.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At this point, I am not planning on buying this. If I do buy it, it will be in a moment of weakness because I just wanted something to click on during conference calls.

• 2Seriously?
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I don't even know what all classes are in D4. I have literally paid no attention to it besides skimming this thread. I fell for their shit for D3 and said never again. This is never again. If it gets positively reviewed on this forum I'll probably check it out, but I sure as shit am not doing it for launch or before we see what kind of retarded monetization they cram in to fuck over the player base.

• 3Like
  • 1Smuggly

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't even know what all classes are in D4. I have literally paid no attention to it besides skimming this thread. I fell for their shit for D3 and said never again. This is never again. If it gets positively reviewed on this forum I'll probably check it out, but I sure as shit am not doing it for launch or before we see what kind of retarded monetization they cram in to fuck over the player base.

And yet you can somehow state with certainty that the game is a steaming pile of shit and assert that anyone in this thread saying they've enjoyed it or will enjoy it are just blizzard simps?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
And yet you can somehow state with certainty that the game is a steaming pile of shit and assert that anyone in this thread saying they've enjoyed it or will enjoy it are just blizzard simps?

Spare us the retarded takes, not everyone is to fucking stupid to recognize patterns even if you are incapable of such a feat.

4dc.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gameplay aside, I'll be interested to see how the story plays out. I don't hold out much hope that it will be any different from what we've been seeing everywhere. Everything is about subversion, confusing the normal patterns and categories, and "smashing the patriarchy."

I fully expect they will try to make Lilith a sympathetic character that you have to team up with in a revolutionary move against Inarius or some other character that represents tradition and masculinity. We got a small taste of that in D3 when they had Diablo possess a female.

• 4Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
You clearly haven't actually read any of the posts I made or responded to since I haven't once called this game bad. I called Blizzard a dog shit company and said that it would be a nice surprise if this game bucked their decade-long trend of putting out complete garbage, but again you would know that if you actually were reading posts and not blindly sucking Blizzard cock like a retard.

Hahahaha, I just noticed you edited my original post you quoted to say the things your stupid fucking brain imagines I said and then attacked those things instead of what I actually wrote. Goddamn, you really are a retarded simp for this company.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Title: A Hard Pill to Swallow: Diablo 4 from a Disgruntled Gamer's Perspective
Here we go again, folks - another leap of faith into the fiery pit that Blizzard calls Diablo 4. As someone who's been disillusioned by Blizzard's antics over the years, it's a bitter pill to swallow.
For starters, it feels like they're trying to bleed us dry with the same formula. Diablo 4? More like Diablo 3.5, right? Where's the innovation, Blizzard? The graphics? Sure, they're polished, but that's like putting a shiny new coat of paint on a rusty old car. It's still the same clunker underneath.
Then there's the gameplay. A soulless rehash, delivering nothing new or groundbreaking. Instead of fixing the core issues from the previous installments, it seems like Blizzard spent more time devising new ways to monetize the game. The loot system feels like it's ripped straight from a mobile game, with the constant nudges towards microtransactions getting tiresome.
Finally, there's the story. A word of advice, Blizzard: Having a darker tone doesn't make the plot any more mature or sophisticated. The narrative still feels shallow and, frankly, predictable.
It's frustrating. Diablo once held such promise, but it feels like Blizzard has squandered the opportunity in favor of flashy visuals and quick profits. Instead of progressing the franchise forward, they seem content to ride on past glories while delivering more of the same.
I yearn for the days when Blizzard was a trailblazer, a beacon of creativity and innovation. But these days, it feels like they're a company out of touch with their audience, more focused on their bottom line than delivering a game worthy of the Diablo name.
End of rant. Let's hope Blizzard steps up their game and proves us all wrong, but based on Diablo 4, I'm not holding my breath.

edit: I know I’m doing this wrong since I didn’t bother getting GPT to use “simp”. Just pretend.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Title: A Hard Pill to Swallow: Diablo 4 from a Disgruntled Gamer's Perspective
Here we go again, folks - another leap of faith into the fiery pit that Blizzard calls Diablo 4. As someone who's been disillusioned by Blizzard's antics over the years, it's a bitter pill to swallow.
For starters, it feels like they're trying to bleed us dry with the same formula. Diablo 4? More like Diablo 3.5, right? Where's the innovation, Blizzard? The graphics? Sure, they're polished, but that's like putting a shiny new coat of paint on a rusty old car. It's still the same clunker underneath.
Then there's the gameplay. A soulless rehash, delivering nothing new or groundbreaking. Instead of fixing the core issues from the previous installments, it seems like Blizzard spent more time devising new ways to monetize the game. The loot system feels like it's ripped straight from a mobile game, with the constant nudges towards microtransactions getting tiresome.
Finally, there's the story. A word of advice, Blizzard: Having a darker tone doesn't make the plot any more mature or sophisticated. The narrative still feels shallow and, frankly, predictable.
It's frustrating. Diablo once held such promise, but it feels like Blizzard has squandered the opportunity in favor of flashy visuals and quick profits. Instead of progressing the franchise forward, they seem content to ride on past glories while delivering more of the same.
I yearn for the days when Blizzard was a trailblazer, a beacon of creativity and innovation. But these days, it feels like they're a company out of touch with their audience, more focused on their bottom line than delivering a game worthy of the Diablo name.
End of rant. Let's hope Blizzard steps up their game and proves us all wrong, but based on Diablo 4, I'm not holding my breath.

edit: I know I’m doing this wrong since I didn’t bother getting GPT to use “simp”. Just pretend.
lol I knew that was GPT within 20 words. I'm getting good at this, my neural network still works.

• 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Okay, it's "am I the only one that feels <xy>" week for D4 and I really don't know what people expect. I am happy for any corp making a half decent Arpg. Not exactly a genre that's bursting with titles.

Anyway, Raxx - I know some of you guys love him for his exciting personality - played this "streamer has access to full game" alpha/beta and despite there is an NDA until the 30th he shared his view on the balance throughout the whole game

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of us won't support woke trash anymore

Even if they produce a super polished, above average game

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users