Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hahahaha, I just noticed you edited my original post you quoted to say the things your stupid fucking brain imagines I said and then attacked those things instead of what I actually wrote. Goddamn, you really are a retarded simp for this company.
Chersk said:
Every person I have talked to that played the D4 beta enjoyed it.
Definitely not a butthurt moron said:
Get the fuck out of here with this Blizzard simping bullshit.

giphy.gif

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Gameplay aside, I'll be interested to see how the story plays out. I don't hold out much hope that it will be any different from what we've been seeing everywhere. Everything is about subversion, confusing the normal patterns and categories, and "smashing the patriarchy."

I fully expect they will try to make Lilith a sympathetic character that you have to team up with in a revolutionary move against Inarius or some other character that represents tradition and masculinity. We got a small taste of that in D3 when they had Diablo possess a female.
100% - what I'm looking forward to the most as well, figuring out how much they can fuck up a basic, good premise with their shit tier writing while blowing up packs of demons (angels?) looking for orange drops.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Like the mid-wit you are, you simply proved my point that you didn't fully read any of the posts you are referencing. Let me pull up the full one for you:
Every person I have talked to that played the D4 beta enjoyed it. This board is just straight up autism when it comes to all things Blizzard. Show me where the bad man touched you…

Oh, and here is the full reply:
Get the fuck out of here with this Blizzard simping bullshit.

I haven't played the beta or watched almost anything about D4 after being a huge Diablo fan since the original and even taking vacation days from my job for the D3 launch more than a decade ago. This game could end up being good, and that would be a very nice surprise, but to pretend that Blizzard hasn't shit all over itself and its sterling reputation since that launch is to be living in some weird fantasy world. Every property they've touched since the real money AH has been a complete shit show and their never ending woke bullshit and catering to the lowest common denominator girl gamer has been exhaustive, so all the criticism and skepticism they receive is well and truly deserved.

So clearly it was all about Blizzard the company as a whole, and not this single game.

Smooth-brained retard status: confirmed.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Alright, time to spill some truth tea about Diablo 4. Or as I like to call it, "Diablo 3, but shinier and still disappointing." Blizzard's back to squeeze our wallets dry.

The graphics? Just some lipstick on a tired old game. And the gameplay? More repetitive than my Grandma's stories. It's Diablo 3 with a new wig, nothing more!

Don't even get me started on the mobile-game style loot system. We see through your tricks, Blizzard. You can keep your greedy microtransactions.

The story? You call that a plot? It's about as dark and complex as a toddler's bedtime story.

If you're defending Diablo 4, congrats, you're a simp for Blizzard. Remember when they actually cared about making good games? No? Me neither.

Diablo 4 is a perfect example of a cash-grabbing sham. Thanks, Blizzard, for the major letdown.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Alright, time to spill some truth tea about Diablo 4. Or as I like to call it, "Diablo 3, but shinier and still disappointing." Blizzard's back to squeeze our wallets dry.

The graphics? Just some lipstick on a tired old game. And the gameplay? More repetitive than my Grandma's stories. It's Diablo 3 with a new wig, nothing more!

Don't even get me started on the mobile-game style loot system. We see through your tricks, Blizzard. You can keep your greedy microtransactions.

The story? You call that a plot? It's about as dark and complex as a toddler's bedtime story.

If you're defending Diablo 4, congrats, you're a simp for Blizzard. Remember when they actually cared about making good games? No? Me neither.

Diablo 4 is a perfect example of a cash-grabbing sham. Thanks, Blizzard, for the major letdown.
Is this GPT again.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Okay, it's "am I the only one that feels <xy>" week for D4 and I really don't know what people expect. I am happy for any corp making a half decent Arpg. Not exactly a genre that's bursting with titles.

Anyway, Raxx - I know some of you guys love him for his exciting personality - played this "streamer has access to full game" alpha/beta and despite there is an NDA until the 30th he shared his view on the balance throughout the whole game

Well now I have to buy this game just to rep rogue and tell this babbling bullshitter he's a dipshit.

• 1Faggotry

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I was surprised it didn’t give me shit over including simp in there. I think I’m getting it really close to the average reply here! Foh posters hate this one simple trick!

• 2Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The gaming community over the last several years has turned into absolute ass and I'm wondering if it doesn't coincide with the rise of streamers becoming "mainstream". It's insane to me how miserable people are..

"I hate this particular company/game so you're not allowed to have ANY ENJOYMENT EITHER!!!!!! You have to hate it too or else you're a little bitch!!!".

I get that there is a level of tribalism at play psychologically, but holy fuck..just don't play? It's like the people who bitch about getting "bullied" online. Like the meme goes, "try turning off the screen?". A bunch of fucking gaming Karens with the emotional intelligence of a fucking 6 year old, I swear to god.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be a simp as long as I can spin to win

I am curious how it will be done here. I loved it in d3 when it was viable, because it was so relaxing. Just hold right click, and click buffs/defensives on CD.

I am more tempted to go barb or druid, since I figure the vast majority will be rogue or sorc. And necro minion builds looks to be crap towards the end. I just would have to suffer a rougher start.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Talking about games like D4 and community reactions…I can’t help but think that the process for discovery that made so many games enjoyable has been one of the largest x-factors in games nowadays.

Nowadays blizzard or whoever hypes the game by walking you through the important parts that make it stand out and yes, streamers and YouTubes of min max / best path etc are everywhere. There really is something to turning off the noise and just playing a game when it is out. Discovery and learning through trial and error is half the fun.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean you had things like primo guides, long before the internet. It's just a matter of self control, if someone wants to do it on their own or going in with no knowledge or spoilers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am curious how it will be done here. I loved it in d3 when it was viable, because it was so relaxing. Just hold right click, and click buffs/defensives on CD.

I am more tempted to go barb or druid, since I figure the vast majority will be rogue or sorc. And necro minion builds looks to be crap towards the end. I just would have to suffer a rougher start.
I'm going Druid so I can have the body type of 90% of our posters. I'll probably even name him FoHIRL.

• 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The gaming community over the last several years has turned into absolute ass and I'm wondering if it doesn't coincide with the rise of streamers becoming "mainstream". It's insane to me how miserable people are..

"I hate this particular company/game so you're not allowed to have ANY ENJOYMENT EITHER!!!!!! You have to hate it too or else you're a little bitch!!!".

I get that there is a level of tribalism at play psychologically, but holy fuck..just don't play? It's like the people who bitch about getting "bullied" online. Like the meme goes, "try turning off the screen?". A bunch of fucking gaming Karens with the emotional intelligence of a fucking 6 year old, I swear to god.

I'm all for making a personal stand etc. to not support companies you don't like but I don't get the need to scream at anyone and everyone who might not decide to do the same either. NFL went full retard and I haven't watched it in a few years, but I don't spend my days in the NFL thread calling everyone in there "simps guzzling insertnamehere's jizz by the gallon" etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Spin2Win is currently, by far the best spec in the game. Just shout buff(s) and spin - while also buffing the shit out of your team so it's also the best support class in the game as well. We'll see how long they hold out nerfing whirlwind because the class has no good second spec atm.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm going Druid so I can have the body type of 90% of our posters. I'll probably even name him FoHIRL.
None of these schlubs have the muscle mass underneath the girth lets be honest... Dr00d body type is Mist (and all of her pals') ideal male archetype.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
So let's review what you guys are buying:

Follow the satnav single player campaign with ample checkpoints for games journalists.

All encounters are level scaled which will give the game a predictable challengless world.

All loot is level scaled which makes early-mid game loot pointless to invest in.

Skill/progression system is a step backwards from where the genre has progressed to since D3 (which was arguably a step back from D2 itself).

Likely underwhelming endgame designed to get daily engagement and monthly MAUs for investors instead of player fun.

Battle passes and paid cosmetics IN A FULL PRICE GAME.

Likely broken promises, stubbornly sticking to unpopular broken systems and glacial addition of new content.

I played the Demo. I played Diablo Immortal. They cancelled Diablo 3 Expansion 3. They cancelled Overwatch 2. They mangled WoW.

When will we stop being cucks and stop buying this shit? I'm done unless the reviews are spectacular, I can't see how it's possible. The only thing I'm worried about is IRL friends and colleagues playing it and dragging me in.

Nintendo just released a MASSIVE game with no performance issues, no battle passes or paid cosmetics, which innovates the genre. Just play Zelda instead.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users