Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's still a fucking Action RPG. If you are expecting some massive overarching story then you bought the wrong game.

Blizzard seemed to want a good story or they wouldn't have brought in the number 1 rpg writer of the time.

I don't understand why people can't just say Blizzard tried to do something good, and any creator/dev/company wants what they do to be good, and what they got was mediocre or perhaps not to their own expectations or potential.

Nobody gives a shit if people say the game is just okay but they're still having fun or bored enough to play or don't personally care about the quality of stories in arpgs.

Nobody was expecting some massive overarching story in a Diablo game... except, ironically, probably Blizzard who paid people a lot of money to write the story.

Do you think the goals snd potential and expectations Blizzard had for the story for themselves were lived up to? I hope not, but these days they're probably taking victory laps over their genius so who knows, but why defend them?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard seemed to want a good story or they wouldn't have brought in the number 1 rpg writer of the time.

I don't understand why people can't just say Blizzard tried to do something good, and any creator/dev/company wants what they do to be good, and what they got was mediocre or perhaps not to their own expectations or potential.

Nobody gives a shit if people say the game is just okay but they're still having fun or bored enough to play or don't personally care about the quality of stories in arpgs.

Nobody was expecting some massive overarching story in a Diablo game... except, ironically, probably Blizzard who paid people a lot of money to write the story.

Do you think the goals snd potential and expectations Blizzard had for the story for themselves were lived up to? I hope not, but these days they're probably taking victory laps over their genius so who knows, but why defend them?
I didn't know they hired Master Chris Avellone to write the story. Neat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Are you dumb? You have to be completely unreasonable in one direction or the other as a gamer.

Sarcasm aside your post is logical, and game reviews, anticipation, and just being reasonable about what you're actually experiencing within a game world hasn't been logical, or reasonable in a while.

You can't count on anyone to just tell you what they actually think about any major title these days. It's going to swing in an extreme direction to try and prove a point.

Instead you have Fires of Fucking heaven filled with "boy, I got to level 25 tonight and it's probably the most fun I've had in gaming" reviews. Even this forum is turning into a fucking joke when it comes to real opinions on a game.

Get towards the end game, play through the loop a bit, and then give me your review. I didn't buy this game because it looks to be rife with timegated daily bullshit. If people here were getting into that gameplay loop, and could give honest feedback about whether or not Blizzard finally abandoned that bullshit I might actually buy the game.

Instead I'm pretty sure I can't even come here to get a worthwhile opinion on a game anymore.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's really sugar coating things. Stepien likely had a lot of freedom at CDP. At Blizzard he has to deal with shit like a fucking employee revolt trying to get him fired/make him quit by labelling him 'rape obsessed' because he dared to write a character that was a rape victim, a character that was cut from the game entirely. Anything he wrote was likely sanitized by a series of committees the second it left his his translator's hand.

Point stands, Blizzard hired the best. It ain't no tumblr blog story.

• 1Seriously?

Xevy

Log Wizard
0 crashes Thursday. 1 yesterday. 3 today including the one that just locked up my computer forcing me to hard reboot.

All my graphics are on med-low as well. That ain't good!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I had none the first night, played prob 6-8 hrs? Then the second day I had a ton of crashes, then today like 2.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Are you dumb? You have to be completely unreasonable in one direction or the other as a gamer.

Sarcasm aside your post is logical, and game reviews, anticipation, and just being reasonable about what you're actually experiencing within a game world hasn't been logical, or reasonable in a while.

You can't count on anyone to just tell you what they actually think about any major title these days. It's going to swing in an extreme direction to try and prove a point.

Instead you have Fires of Fucking heaven filled with "boy, I got to level 25 tonight and it's probably the most fun I've had in gaming" reviews. Even this forum is turning into a fucking joke when it comes to real opinions on a game.

Get towards the end game, play through the loop a bit, and then give me your review. I didn't buy this game because it looks to be rife with timegated daily bullshit. If people here were getting into that gameplay loop, and could give honest feedback about whether or not Blizzard finally abandoned that bullshit I might actually buy the game.

Instead I'm pretty sure I can't even come here to get a worthwhile opinion on a game anymore.

Are there really people saying it's the greatest game they've ever played? All I see is people saying they're having fun and others that just can't handle that for some reason

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Curator goes missing for me in the capstone dungeon... no WT3 for me until a hotfix. Twice is a row I've had to clear it. Tons of people with the same problem, might be necromancer specific as well. le sigh.

Dalc

Molten Core Raider
I really don't understand the end game of backtracking and scooting objectives from one pillar to another. Just give me greater rifts. Can't help but think they screwed themselves long term with this end game design. Gets old... quickly.

• 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Are there really people saying it's the greatest game they've ever played? All I see is people saying they're having fun and others that just can't handle that for some reason

That’s this site in general. One group says they like something and the other group for some reason gets angry that people like it and can’t let it go. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I really don't understand the end game of backtracking and scooting objectives from one pillar to another. Just give me greater rifts. Can't help but think they screwed themselves long term with this end game design. Gets old... quickly.

it's intentional. Backtracking is designed to give you time to think about what you're gonna write on reddit to defend it. Unless of course blizzard changes it patches, then you're gonna write how they have learned and how they now listen to community and feedback and act upon it

Last edited:
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The narrative that people can't handle seeing others having fun is one of the more idiotic things I've seen on these forums. Methinks the neckbeards doth protest to much.

Almost as dumb as the thread activity dropped because so many people are having too much fun to post. Because no gamers ever, especially on these forums, ever found the time to blast doubters and rub it in when a game is great! Suuuure.

You can't handle seeing people having fun!!! *Tucker Carlson laugh*

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

All that other shit aside, no one gives a fuck what type of review you want

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm only 19 or so on my Necromancer. So far story is fine. It's pretty Dark for Blizzard which is the cartoon graphics company so it was never going to be insanely dark. Lots of blood had some crazy Hellraiser Style callback with a quest. I'm really enjoying it for what it is. No queue, no crashes. The combat feels really good. I have trouble getting into ARPGs that are not Diablo for some reason. So take that for what you will.