Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Doing yourself a disservice if you're just ESC out of dialogue for the side quests. Been doing them (since theyre better than dungeon completions alone) and I really wish I could rewind on a few to see what started the quest chain. A few of them have really nailed the "This world is fucked up and there are devils walking among us" kind of vibe.

Careful, you're gonna get dogpiled telling people something they should or should not be doing.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Wish I could toss ya' some. I'll have to pay attention to where I get the next one, as Im pretty sure Aspects are region and/or dungeon specific (based on a hunch.)

On a separate note - heres something that I adamantly believe. After going through this shit with New World, not knowing if stats are working or not - Im a firm believer that "something" is fucked up with Resistances.

Is that faggot playing a female jogger?

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wish I could toss ya' some. I'll have to pay attention to where I get the next one, as Im pretty sure Aspects are region and/or dungeon specific (based on a hunch.)

On a separate note - heres something that I adamantly believe. After going through this shit with New World, not knowing if stats are working or not - Im a firm believer that "something" is fucked up with Resistances.

So essentially you're better off putting skull gems in your jewelry slots.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Careful, you're gonna get dogpiled telling people something they should or should not be doing.
lol Dont drag me into that little spat. This is probably the most hilarious thread going on FOH right now. So many different views, its great.

Also, thanks for bringing up side quests again. There are a couple quests in the bottom two zones that give you Potion recipes. First time I had seen them in the game.

Daidraco

So essentially you're better off putting in skull gems in your jewelry slots.
Thats all Im seeing. Whenever I have a chance, Im going to rip all the resist shit out of my paragon board and see if I even notice the difference. As he's saying it would have to times it by a 1000 just to see an equivalent difference in damage taken as "Damage Reduction against close" does.

-edit- As he notes at the end of the video, BoozeCube BoozeCube , Sorcerers and Necro's are getting ranked so lowly most likely... Due to how out of whack resistances are right now. You know, a caster class that would effectively be strong against elements, but not against physical? I mean to me, this is the most important news thats came out about the game to date.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Good vid on the longer term issues the game has once the new game smell wears off. Having to redo renown each "League" will be gay AF and will prevent people from coming back. Much like POE Leagues that sucked dick and made you not want to do them. But Bliz wont be able to shit out Leagues that fast and that is an unfortunate reality of their seasonal content.

Have they said you would have to renown farm every league? I have heard from several places that the season *content* is paid, but I've not heard anything official on the matter. I assume its confusion about the battle pass.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Yes of course I do. I mean, you can stay in WT1 forever and level up to 100 in world tier 1 if you like.

You know exactly what I mean by "fucking yourself", stop playing a word game with me because you have a hot take that you like slow going, easy, comfortable pacing in an ARPG. No one said it was wrong. It's just that you're going to limit your build doing so, but there's nothing wrong about it. Just like there's nothing wrong about staying in WT1 forever.

Not once did I say you were playing the game "wrong" or telling you about your own personal playstyle. I simply said you're fucking yourself. It doesn't mean it's wrong.

I'm not fucking myself, or "gimping" myself by going slower, since the gear is directly correlated to level and world tier. You got the *exact* same gear I did leveling up. You had the same quality gear I had at level 20, 30, 40, etc. When I reach WT3, I will have the same gear as you. I will have the same number of talent points as you. I will probably have fewer paragon points, but that probably only means I will farm slower than you, not that I can't farm at all. By the time you quit out out of boredom, I will probably catch up to you and pass you.

So, no, I don't know what you mean when you say I'm fucking myself. Maybe you can explain to me how exactly I'm fucking myself going slower. Can you point out any content I'm locked out of by going at a slower pace?. I will eventually see all the content you will, and have the same gear.

• 1Salty

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1686261829082.png

That's a lot of minutes.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Im in my 60's with pulverize build. You're going to cycle through several weapons once you're getting sacred stuff anyways. Then again, when you're replacing everything with ancestral. You want it on your weapon to get the full effect, also. Its kind of ass backwards, as the Aspect will always be powerful, but your Paragon is going to be the main source of power. So even if you only ever found a 190% after using this 200% one - you wont notice the difference in that, but you'll notice a difference in a weapon upgrade. (if that makes any sense)

Im pretty much just following Maxroll's Pulverize guide and.. I can punch well above my weight currently. As there is no need for me to swing as high as I am other than getting a miniscule amount of more exp on the finishing Glyph of the nightmare.

--------------

As a side note - Ive been fretting seeing everyone get uniques all this time. Im pretty sure their drop percentage shoots up significantly in the 15-20 Nightmare range and higher, while also being 62+.

Yeah no idea. One of my friends I run dungeons/helltides with is constantly getting them, but he's playing werewolf. Resists definitely do seem fucked. I started stacking poison resist because it's the worst one aside from the lightning tower and it seems to have made little to no difference.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its odd that there are queues like this considering how smooth the experience has been.

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Its odd that there are queues like this considering how smooth the experience has been.
Haven't had any problems the entire time. Had a chance to sit down earlier this afternoon and play, and had planned on delving in quite a bit this evening with some friends, I guess that might be off the menu now.

I wonder what happened.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Didn't original Asherons Call try to address build diversity by having spells numbers scale inversely to the frequency of the population casting them? Or was that just a prerelease idea that didn't end up implemented?
Finally, I can use my expansive knowledge of the AC titles.

Yes, spell economy was a real thing. Each spell had a secret recipe that included taper ingredients that followed a character specific rotation that basically made each recipe follow a pattern you wanted to keep secret but also had unique parts. Close to launch, people with select level 6 spells had massive buffs. This also meant some people focused on niche elements because other people went for the common ones. Real early people wouldn't even cast certain spells people didn't know about near others because the verbal components of the spell cast hit chat, and they could see the somatic animations so the risk was someone else could see ~half the recipe you spent time discovering.

Eventually some folks cracked the code with mods and bots eventually let everyone learn all level 6 spells easily. IIRC it was reduced in negative impact because everyone had the spells, then eventually was removed.

• 8Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
They 100% fucked up because I'm not sure why the server login is fucked at 3PM EST on a Thursday. Ain't all of EU logging on at once that's doing it. Somebody goofed somewhere.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is what network types do, they constantly tinker with shit when it's working fine until it breaks and causes mass issues. Then they blame it on something arbitrary to save their asses because no one knows enough about it to call them on their shit.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Araxen

Barely any queue's at launch, and now this shit a week later. This is a first.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They 100% fucked up because I'm not sure why the server login is fucked at 3PM EST on a Thursday. Ain't all of EU logging on at once that's doing it. Somebody goofed somewhere.

I think we goofed giving blizzard our money.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard