Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah the leveling curve def needs to be adjusted post 50. After all, this shit is like throwaway characters until seasons come, and no one is gonna grind for 300 hours to get to like lv70-80 each season which are again, throw away characters until next season, etc. Not even mentioning the renown bullshit too, They need to strike a fine balance between time spent vs exp. Unless they expect people to play one character for like the whole season or some shit?

Plus I noticed once you get to like 53ish you can go for DAYS grinding and not find a single worthwhile upgrade. IDK something seems off here. If you go for too long without that dopamine hit shit gets really boring quick. My kid which is about 58 ish right now says the same thing. So it cant just be me and my bad luck. I mean even in POE whcih as like 2x the items and affixes this game does, you will find shit SSF no problem which keeps your hype going. Plus trade opens up a whole world of possibilities which this game has none of. Yeah yeah, I know, trade introduces RMT into the mix although IMO its still more beneficial to game to have trade than not.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Except that even the people enjoying it have pointed out criticisms of the game.

Not sure how the game fucked some of your wives, but the rage you people have over others having fun would be funny if it wasn't so sad

Except nobody is really saying anything to the people playing the game and making valid criticisms, people are only "white knighting" the game (aka calling people faggots) for spam posting stupid made up shit.

For example, you got the Lost Ark shill in here constantly talking about how boring and repetitive it is because you have to grind the same dungeons or whatever, while talking about how amazing Lost Ark is because you get to grind 10+ identical chaos dungeons per day, however many identical guardian raids per week, however many identical "raid dungeons" per week, every week for a year and some change. Makes no sense. And then there's the BDO player popping in here to say "yep, i'm right to not buy it because its a boring grind game" while playing a game where you run in a circle between 5-20 packs of mobs for 10 hours a day for 3 months to buy 1 item, then do it again to buy another item and then after you do that 10 times, you can pick a new spot with 5-20 packs of mobs to repeat for your next set of upgrades. Etc.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah the leveling curve def needs to be adjusted post 50. After all, this shit is like throwaway characters until seasons come, and no one is gonna grind for 300 hours to get to like lv70-80 each season which are again, throw away characters until next season, etc. Not even mentioning the renown bullshit too, They need to strike a fine balance between time spent vs exp. Unless they expect people to play one character for like the whole season or some shit?

Eventually the battlepass would have exp boosts on it. And not the premium pass, but the normal standard FTP pass will have them as you reach milestones/achievements.

If they don't, then Blizzard grossly overestimated how many people will grind several hundred hours a season. And in any case, I'd expect exp enhancement on season 2,3 etc no matter what as backlash from season 1 feedback flows in. Hopefully they don't put absolutely 0 xp battlepass milestones or season potion crafting stuff in season 1 though. There better be seasonal potions available.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard already sells XP battlepasses in their other games so bet your ass they will be selling one here too. A D4 season should not just be a grind that you know is coming and is a long ass slog so you pay just to make it less of one.

I mean I am sure it'll make money but that is a disappointment. For what it's worth the Hearthstone battlepass (never bought it) isn't that bad as several "seasons" I've been able to get the lvl 100 rewards with casual weekend playing for a few months.

I may get in on this soon though as I need a game I can sort of casually play while doing other shit like reading or something.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Biggest gripe is just how boring the game is. Fuck I tune in to watch some streamers, and the camera is so zoomed in, litterally cannot distinguish what one streamer is doing from another. One could be level 88 doing endgame shit, one could be 50 beating the campaign, one could be 13 just starting, and ALL LOOK THE SAME. Same boring looking dirt with zoomed in camera grinding through the same shit...hell maybe to switch it up, someone might be in a cave. For better or worse, other games you can immediately identify what someone is doing based on location and activity. D2, immediate recognizable areas. D3 even beats it here...this is just boring.
Yep. The game doesn't have a unique art style or unique anything. It all could have been purchased from a Unity asset store for for $15. Further, the world feels dead apart from packs of mobs that all sound the same. No unique sounds or characters in the various towns.

They spent a zillion dollars on cutscenes when they should have spent that money on variety of dungeons.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yep, 58 to 63 is like 75 hours of the most boring grinding ever, stupid tranny devs who don't play games and their terrible decisions to get metrics.
75 hours? lol

what

that's like not even 5 hours.

Are you on WT3? Grinding what?

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Plus I noticed once you get to like 53ish you can go for DAYS grinding and not find a single worthwhile upgrade. IDK something seems off here. If you go for too long without that dopamine hit shit gets really boring quick. My kid which is about 58 ish right now says the same thing. So it cant just be me and my bad luck. I mean even in POE whcih as like 2x the items and affixes this game does, you will find shit SSF no problem which keeps your hype going. Plus trade opens up a whole world of possibilities which this game has none of. Yeah yeah, I know, trade introduces RMT into the mix although IMO its still more beneficial to game to have trade than not.

RMT already exists. There were avenues for this and some of us took full advantage before the normal cease orders came from Blizzard. Booze touched on it earlier but the best items are already tradeable.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I think 95% of my deaths in this game are from post mob death explosions, shits fucking awful.

Most of the remaining deaths are died while looking at the map

• 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My only problem with the game is that it is basically over at level 70.

Aside from leveling up your Glyphs, if you're level 70 with capped renown, you have access to basically all the best drops in the game already and tons of paragon points to get ahead on the board. At this level, you are the most powerful you will ever be, relative to the mobs. Your rate of ancestral drops will go up as you level further, but items won't get much better on average.

You can squeeze additional power out by leveling up your Glyphs, but not enough to make up for the fact that you're not really gaining more item power. There's no new gem recipes after 70 either, so those don't gain in power.

With no final world tier, and no final tier of items, there's no real reason to ever hit 100.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Reeally depends on class, build, and gear RNG, but I would love you to show us how you can get 5 levels in 5 horus solo.
Pop a pot and do NMs around +5 levels and it shouldn’t be far off of that. But my build is ice shards which is absolutely not limited by kill time, everything just falls over.

Fucker

Log Wizard

I also hit a wall. Nothing at all. Did that Hellshit event and got...2 yellows from the chests. 2 bits of gear are 10 and 14 levels below because I haven't found a replacement for them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Reeally depends on class, build, and gear RNG, but I would love you to show us how you can get 5 levels in 5 horus solo 58+.
Grind whisper dungeons, helltides or the pvp zone.
Pop a pot and do NMs around +5 levels and it shouldn’t be far off of that. But my build is ice shards which is absolutely not limited by kill time, everything just falls over.
Wrong, NMs more than +3 levels don't gain you any more xp.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep, 58 to 63 is like 75 hours of the most boring grinding ever, stupid tranny devs who don't play games and their terrible decisions to get metrics.
I'm not going to go do the same dungeon, zone out, reset, and then do it over and over and over again (the reported best XP/hour). So, going from 58 to 63 is going to probably take 6 to 8 hours of doing the normal events (tree bounties, nightmares, world bosses, and invasions).

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yesterday I went from like 54 to 58 on my druid just dong regular shit, and that took damn near all day prob 8-10 hours?. Bit of renown quests, bit of dungeons, helltides, etc. All fucking day, granted I took breaks and shit too. And yeah im not going to sit and grind the same meta dungeon over and over again because I jsut dont give enough shit to do so. Im jsut saying for a normie, Or even someone that can put in some time on this game like I have, exp takes too fucking long for a ARPG.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Blizzard already sells XP battlepasses in their other games so bet your ass they will be selling one here too. A D4 season should not just be a grind that you know is coming and is a long ass slog so you pay just to make it less of one.

I mean I am sure it'll make money but that is a disappointment. For what it's worth the Hearthstone battlepass (never bought it) isn't that bad as several "seasons" I've been able to get the lvl 100 rewards with casual weekend playing for a few months.

I may get in on this soon though as I need a game I can sort of casually play while doing other shit like reading or something.

Diablo Immortal's battlepass was considered underwhelming, so I don't hold out too big of hopes that D4's pass is going to have really impactful stuff on it.

You could ignore the Immortal pass by season 2, and that's in a game with plenty of latitude for pay to win. But I noticed D4 has a separate team for Battlepass design in the credits, hopefully that means good things in terms of having a meaningful pass.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
75 hours? lol

what

that's like not even 5 hours.

Are you on WT3? Grinding what?

I was being sarcastic because the guy above said it would take "many multiples of a few hours" to go from 58 to 63 when talking about spending a couple hours doing the lvl 70 capstone at lvl 58, and all the other people talking about how the grind is "so ridiculous" in this game.