Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
LMAO
You refunded the game at the Character Selection screen, so your opinion on the game mean exactly... squat.
And yet your own little tribe of blind cocksuckers has jumped straight on your post, before the ink has even had time to dry, lol.
Enjoy your circle-jerk.

I'm not going to apologize for having standards and morals.

Also, it's your money if you want to buy a game and you enjoy it great. It's your money and life to do with as you please. The difference is you're frothing at the mouth over it, I was just making observations.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My only problem with the game is that it is basically over at level 70.

Aside from leveling up your Glyphs, if you're level 70 with capped renown, you have access to basically all the best drops in the game already and tons of paragon points to get ahead on the board. At this level, you are the most powerful you will ever be, relative to the mobs. Your rate of ancestral drops will go up as you level further, but items won't get much better on average.

You can squeeze additional power out by leveling up your Glyphs, but not enough to make up for the fact that you're not really gaining more item power. There's no new gem recipes after 70 either, so those don't gain in power.

With no final world tier, and no final tier of items, there's no real reason to ever hit 100.
Almost like level 70 is a softcap. That has literally never been done before in the history of gaming.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think 95% of my deaths in this game are from post mob death explosions, shits fucking awful.

Most of the remaining deaths are died while looking at the map
Lag is my #1 killer. 1000ms lag after popping Deep Freeze and nothing happening is enough to get me stomped.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Grind whisper dungeons, helltides or the pvp zone.

Wrong, NMs more than +3 levels don't gain you any more xp.
Yes they do, they just don’t increase the modifier. +3 gives like 25% bonus exp which would be the same as +5, but the base exp still increases for every level. Otherwise you wouldn’t see people getting power leveled to 50 in 20 minutes

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I also hit a wall. Nothing at all. Did that Hellshit event and got...2 yellows from the chests. 2 bits of gear are 10 and 14 levels below because I haven't found a replacement for them.
For helltides you really need to be opening the mystery chests. 2-4 legendaries every chest on those from my experience

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2 from 2. I didn't do the whole Hellshit circuit or whatever.
Trick for Helltide:
  1. Use the map linked below and find an event location in the helltide zone
  2. do the event
  3. portal back to a main city
  4. immediately take the portal back to the event site
  5. new event should be in this new instance (if a new even didn't spawn port back to town and back again)
  6. wash/repeat until getting at least 175 tokens
  7. use the map again, but this time for helltide chests (mystery)
  8. only open mystery chests, others are reportedly trash

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm not going to go do the same dungeon, zone out, reset, and then do it over and over and over again (the reported best XP/hour). So, going from 58 to 63 is going to probably take 6 to 8 hours of doing the normal events (tree bounties, nightmares, world bosses, and invasions).

You describe an enjoyable 6 hours playing the game killing stuff as "many multiples more" than 2 hours spent dying and repairing over and over and over to the same boss?

Fucker

Log Wizard
For helltides you really need to be opening the mystery chests. 2-4 legendaries every chest on those from my experience
Ah, I'll keep that in mind for when I do a full run. I don't want to wade too deep into Helltides right now because lag gets me smashed pretty often.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was being sarcastic because the guy above said it would take "many multiples of a few hours" to go from 58 to 63 when talking about spending a couple hours doing the lvl 70 capstone at lvl 58, and all the other people talking about how the grind is "so ridiculous" in this game.
Bro I don't expect to sink POE hours into D4 to reach a relatively equivalent goal.

That simple.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yesterday I went from like 54 to 58 on my druid just dong regular shit, and that took damn near all day prob 8-10 hours?. Bit of renown quests, bit of dungeons, helltides, etc. All fucking day, granted I took breaks and shit too. And yeah im not going to sit and grind the same meta dungeon over and over again because I jsut dont give enough shit to do so. Im jsut saying for a normie, Or even someone that can put in some time on this game like I have, exp takes too fucking long for a ARPG.

I put 400 hours into PoE this league and my highest char is a level 95 so what exactly are you comparing it to that it "takes too long".
Bro I don't expect to sink POE hours into D4 to reach a relatively equivalent goal.

That simple.
??? You want a game type that's based around grinding to not require grinding? ???

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You describe an enjoyable 6 hours playing the game killing stuff as "many multiples more" than 2 hours spent dying and repairing over and over and over to the same boss?
What you and I find enjoyable is obviously not the same. I got more enjoyment out of seeing and spending a few hours trying to beat difficult fights than the previous 10 hours of "events." I find all the events I listed as just good enough to keep me playing, so I can get to world level 4.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except nobody is really saying anything to the people playing the game and making valid criticisms, people are only "white knighting" the game (aka calling people faggots) for spam posting stupid made up shit.

For example, you got the Lost Ark shill in here constantly talking about how boring and repetitive it is because you have to grind the same dungeons or whatever, while talking about how amazing Lost Ark is because you get to grind 10+ identical chaos dungeons per day, however many identical guardian raids per week, however many identical "raid dungeons" per week, every week for a year and some change. Makes no sense. And then there's the BDO player popping in here to say "yep, i'm right to not buy it because its a boring grind game" while playing a game where you run in a circle between 5-20 packs of mobs for 10 hours a day for 3 months to buy 1 item, then do it again to buy another item and then after you do that 10 times, you can pick a new spot with 5-20 packs of mobs to repeat for your next set of upgrades. Etc.
I mean, sure, if you ignore all the people who have put 50-100+ hours into it saying the builds are boring, the combat sucks, the story is the worst they've ever seen, the itemization is uninspired, and the game has no distinguishable areas.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
LMAO
You refunded the game at the Character Selection screen, so your opinion on the game mean exactly... squat.
And yet your own little tribe of blind cocksuckers has jumped straight on your post, before the ink has even had time to dry, lol.
Enjoy your circle-jerk.

I refunded the game before even logging in and still reached 48 and beat the game...the fuck is your point? LOL

The game is "Good" in the fact that it's exactly what you would expect of a Blizzard 2020+ product.

The hyper agro yall have in defense of the game is comical and it's even more entertaining watching you bend over forwards to explain away mechanics you don't like with a follow up of "But i'm still having fun" style statement because you don't want the very people around you catching even a sniff of the dissatisfaction leaking from you for fear they write out a scathing "YOU DON'T LIKE THE DICK IN YOUR ASS? I LOVE THE DICK IN MY ASS!" style post.

I was entertained by the game but watching this side show has been infinitely cheaper and more relaxing.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I for one absolutely fucking despise the "events" in this and D3. So fucking bland, stale, obnoxious, and way too time consuming and slow.

Speaking of their fucktarded events, how exactly do you do the "mastery" for the event that's something like "kill soul infused things?" My wife and I can't figure it out, the npc ghost seems to have a faint blue circle around him, but killing shit within his circle doesn't seem to do much of anything. We're usually able to fill the mastery bar about halfway, but fuck if we know how we're doing it, and we always inevitably fail. If someone could enlighten me on what the actual mechanic is here, I'd appreciate it. Obviously I'm too dense to understand the high tier content the D4 devs have deigned to grace me with.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean, sure, if you ignore all the people who have put 50-100+ hours into it saying the builds are boring, the combat sucks, the story is the worst they've ever seen, the itemization is uninspirsed, and the game has no distinguishable areas.
Yeah, I tend to go with the most hyperbolic comments as well when attempting to confirm my ego or moral investments into a particular thing.

Itemization is definitely an "issue" that needs to be watched, but what ARPG didn't have that same basic issue a week into release?

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
and the game has no distinguishable areas.
It does! :D

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I mean, sure, if you ignore all the people who have put 50-100+ hours into it saying the builds are boring
The builds are boring, but that’s literally every arpg. There’s always an optimal build and it will always be heavily used

the combat sucks,
More that it gets stale pretty early than it outright sucks. Your build is pretty much set by around level 40, and once you get the uniques you want it literally is unchanged for a huge amount of time. The early level resource management really does need a revamp, though higher level gear does tend to fix the issue in most cases

the story is the worst they've ever seen,
I don’t see anyone that has said it’s the worst they’ve ever seen. Can’t comment myself since idgaf and skipped all dialogue and cutscenes.

the itemization is uninspired
This is very true.

and the game has no distinguishable areas.
Somewhat agree, there are distinguishable areas but it’s distinguished between bland and a different type of bland.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not going to apologize for having standards and morals.

Also, it's your money if you want to buy a game and you enjoy it great. It's your money and life to do with as you please. The difference is you're frothing at the mouth over it, I was just making observations.

Standards and morals. I am going to be honest, you are an idiot. You got to class select screen, saw whatever nonsense that shows up for each class, that is pure random, and decided to refund because the males looked too feminine. Talk about a joke. If you are even telling the truth.

There is a myriad of problems you could of picked to decide to quit, but you didn't even play, or try to make a character. You got so jimmy rustled for a randomly generated screen of characters, that you internally couldn't handle it, raged and demanded a refund. You are just as bad as the ones you complain about but just the opposite extreme.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I mean, sure, if you ignore all the people who have put 50-100+ hours into it saying the builds are boring, the combat sucks, the story is the worst they've ever seen, the itemization is uninspired, and the game has no distinguishable areas.

That's a whole lot of hyperbole. The itemization being uninspired is the only legit complaint there. Maybe the "builds being boring" one, but there's a lot of different builds people can try instead of the fotm that everyone decides they need to use rather than something funner but 5% slower. It's also the exact same complaint as "the combat sucks" just phrased differently

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users