Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I tend to go with the most hyperbolic comments as well when attempting to confirm my ego or moral investments into a particular thing.

Itemization is definitely an "issue" that needs to be watched, but what ARPG didn't have that same basic issue a week into release?

Ehhh, most every other ARPG out there is the 1st iteration of that studios ARPG.

This is the 4th for diablo, 5th if you count Immortal.

There shouldn't be an itemization issue in their games because they should know their formula in their core cycle. How many times do they need to make a wheel before they understand how to make a wheel?

The foundational issue is always the same, they don't play their own games, so they don't know the issues.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am slowly getting to the end of this playtime. at 71 so far. As much as I want to try tornado and the claw builder only build, they take specific unique items to work properly, and ugh grinding for those just isnt fun(never has been). Tis a shame. Would love to mess around with that claw build, never having to worry about spirit.

Oh well, will see what season 1 brings, if its worth playing or not. Would love to see a leveling amount decrease. Not sure why they want 100 to be so rough to get, let people max level and leave the 100 nightmare tier(that will be raised later) be the true goal.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Part of the problem with Builds ties in with the shit itemization. Many builds need very specific gear (sometime uniques, sometime specific stats). You can’t really just switch specs to try something new out, because unless you have a good set of gear to go with it the build will be dogshit

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ehhh, most every other ARPG out there is the 1st iteration of that studios ARPG.

This is the 4th for diablo, 5th if you count Immortal.

There shouldn't be an itemization issue in their games because they should know their formula in their core cycle. How many times do they need to make a wheel before they understand how to make a wheel?

The foundational issue is always the same, they don't play their own games, so they don't know the issues.
Sure, you aren't wrong in that Blizzard has less of an "excuse" because they should have experience. But how tenured are the people are your job? Do you have a lot of people that have been there since 1996? Yeah, didn't think so. As turnover happens and the team changes, they're obviously going to have to "remake" the wheel here and there. They're also struggling with the whole, "MUH DIVERSITY!!!" horseshit that literally every company has been dealing with the past decade or so, which is hurting quality the world over, not just Blizzard.

Also, let's not be hyperbolic and pretend like itemization is complete dogshit. Are there some issues surrounding the aspect system that warrant caution/criticism? Yeah, definitely. But it isn't like itemization is complete trash.
Many builds need very specific gear (sometime uniques, sometime specific stats). You can’t really just switch specs to try something new out, because unless you have a good set of gear to go with it the build will be dogshit
I fucking swear none of you have ever played an ARPG before, holy fuck.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Standards and morals. I am going to be honest, you are an idiot. You got to class select screen, saw whatever nonsense that shows up for each class, that is pure random, and decided to refund because the males looked too feminine. Talk about a joke. If you are even telling the truth.

There is a myriad of problems you could of picked to decide to quit, but you didn't even play, or try to make a character. You got so jimmy rustled for a randomly generated screen of characters, that you internally couldn't handle it, raged and demanded a refund. You are just as bad as the ones you complain about but just the opposite extreme.

This kind of proves my point. I typical ADULT interaction on this forum would be something like this.

1: I'm not really liking the game because of this.
2: Oh, that sucks, I'm having a blast.
1: Cool, have fun, it's just not for me.

How anything goes with Diablo 4.

2: You're a loser faggot, go fuck yourself you homo. You are an idiot.
1: Okay then...

Yes, I'm upset that everything I love has turned gay. I can't have just pure fun or joy based on a video game, story, book, movie or sports game. It all has to be gay and political. You and people like you are why we will keep going further down the rabbit hole, because you have no impulse control and are a man child that attacks anyone that doesn't agree with you.

This is all I'll say on the matter, I won't argue with people on the internet. I'm glad you're having fun and I hope you continue to have fun, I'm not an asshole like you and wish the best for everyone on this forum. But it's hard to say things like this when people like you lash out at everyone and everything because they don't share your worldview.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
This kind of proves my point. I typical ADULT interaction on this forum would be something like this.

Yes, I'm upset that everything I love has turned gay. I can't have just pure fun or joy based on a video game, story, book, movie or sports game. It all has to be gay and political. You and people like you are why we will keep going further down the rabbit hole, because you have no impulse control and are a man child that attacks anyone that doesn't agree with you.

This is all I'll say on the matter, I won't argue with people on the internet. I'm glad you're having fun and I hope you continue to have fun, I'm not an asshole like you and wish the best for everyone on this forum. But it's hard to say things like this when people like you lash out at everyone and everything because they don't share your worldview.
You can't even say you "quit" the game when you didn't even play it for a second.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Trick for Helltide:
  1. Use the map linked below and find an even location in the helltide zone
  2. do the event
  3. portal back to a main city
  4. immediately take the portal back to the event site
  5. new event should be in this new instance (if a new even didn't spawn port back to town and back again)
  6. wash/repeat until getting at least 175 tokens
  7. use the map again, but this time for helltide chests (mystery)
  8. only open mystery chests, others are reportedly trash

Just to expand on this a little. Two 175 chests spawn at a time one in the north and one in the south. They respawn on the hour. Getting 4 chests every helltide is pretty easy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Don’t act like the exact same thing isn’t happening in this thread but in reverse as well.

1: I'm digging the game despite some of its flaws.

• 4Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sure, you aren't wrong in that Blizzard has less of an "excuse" because they should have experience. But how tenured are the people are your job? Do you have a lot of people that have been there since 1996? Yeah, didn't think so. As turnover happens and the team changes, they're obviously going to have to "remake" the wheel here and there. They're also struggling with the whole, "MUH DIVERSITY!!!" horseshit that literally every company has been dealing with the past decade or so, which is hurting quality the world over, not just Blizzard.

Also, let's not be hyperbolic and pretend like itemization is complete dogshit. Are there some issues surrounding the aspect system that warrant caution/criticism? Yeah, definitely. But it isn't like itemization is complete trash.

I fucking swear none of you have ever played an ARPG before, holy fuck.

This is exactly the type of fanboi apologist response that used to get laughed at here. Now it's the norm.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And to all the "That's ARPG!! HAVE YOU EVER ARPG!!" type responses.

I see almost every decent review here and elsewhere talking about the campaign, and at best lukewarm responses about the end game loop. The grind... you know... the most defining aspect of the entire genre. Farming for that last upgrade.

But hey yea, the campaign is totally worth the money to someone who actually plays ARPGs and enjoys that specific genre and the people wondering about the actual genre defining aspect just must not have ever played an ARPG before.

Right.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is exactly the type of fanboi apologist response that used to get laughed at here. Now it's the norm.
FUCK BLIZZARD! IT HAS BEEN A WEEK FIX YOUR DOGSHIT GAME NOW BITCH!!!!

I agree. There's literally no middle ground between "apologist simp" and "hyperbolic lunatic woman" anymore. Welcome to our polarized world now.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

An adult that said nothing about the game, but made it to character class choice, couldn't hit the customization button to change the looks, but just quit and demanded a refund.

Did you even read the post you quoted? It has nothing to do with criticism of the game, which like I said there is plenty. It was poking fun are your inability to make it past the randomly generated look they show on the class selection screen, because of some perceived slight to your politics. If that is asshole behavior or "lashing out", well there is no help. An adult interaction would of hit customize, made a character they liked and played the game, then decided if it was for them or not.

I have no issue with some liking a game and some not. I can't get into PoE, and find a number of issues with it, but I don't go in that thread just to shitpost. Or vice versa(you see both sides on this forum too much).

Where most of the back and forth comes from in this thread is the exaggerated comments or the "parachutes"(those who dont play, but pop in , make a snide comment or 1 liner and move on).

This game has quite a few issues, needs some QoL added pronto. But for the base game its there. The story was good for a ARPG. The loot is so so, legendaries are no different from d3, in that you need to find specific ones that fit your build. I would of rather had the d3 system, where you extract a power and its just added to your "storage" peramently and gives you the max value. Like the cube in d3. Then I am not carting around or saving all these aspects that I might need later.

The unique items seem to be the obvious chase items. I was getting them decently the first week, now I haven't seen one in quite a few days.

The upgrade path is just like every arpg. You get your gear, then you are just looking for better stats/rolls. Once you hit ancestral , then it seems most power comes from paragon board.

The exp is also too high for the grind to 100, unless they want that to be some goal only the hardcore hit or the casuals after months and months of play. They are delusional though, because the majority of players do these games in 2-3 week stints and leave again. Level 100 is going to be out of reach for them all.

And plenty of other issues. But it was worth the $70, and anything after this launch period, will be more bang for the buck. Even if I end up waiting till some expansion or later season to play again(like I did with d3).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think itemization is fine, in fact I think there is too fucking many affixes on items diluting the pool too much. I dont get the beef with items in this game really. They even brought new shit to the game with such things as vulnerable, overpower, fortify, close, far, luck, and of course you have shit like crit, crit dmg, certain items buffing your tree skills +1 or more. I mean its all good shit. I dont understand why you guys thing itemization is shit. Plus on top of all this you have the unique which even give builds more options.

Plus they can always add more unique to the game, they already said, or at least I saw a youtube video that they will be adding and flershing out the skill trees over time. For what they have in release its fine. Im sure over time they will add classes, skills, items, etc...

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
FUCK BLIZZARD! IT HAS BEEN A WEEK FIX YOUR DOGSHIT GAME NOW BITCH!!!!

I agree. There's literally no middle ground between "apologist simp" and "hyperbolic lunatic woman" anymore. Welcome to our polarized world now.

Quite honestly there are several changes that would require minimal development time that could probably go in within a weeks time that would remove some of the bitching. Such as a gem bag, and fixing some of the mob scaling.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Quite honestly there are several changes that would require minimal development time that could probably go in within a weeks time that would remove some of the bitching. Such as a gem bag, and fixing some of the mob scaling.

Honestly that one really had me scratching my head. Separate tabs for quest items, consumables, aspects... but not gems? What the fuck, idiots?

• 1Like