Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oh no how are you going to have sex tonight then?
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
And yet the post you quoted didn't even mention items you absolute fucking retard. Goddamn how many illiterate American Inventors do we have on this board? Words have meanings you should try harder to deciper them before posting.
Oh yes, he was talking about how he needed perfectly rolled nightmare keys for not items related reasons. My mistake.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Jesus fuck the expectations people have over a video game. People will play a game for 150 hours in 2 weeks and then say it sucks because it didn't ruin their entire life forever, only for 2 weeks.

Yeah, totally agree. That's the same people who were hyperventilating about how someone just can't stand to see others having fun because they tried the game in beta and accurately predicted it would be mediocre and wasn't worth trying until it got improved. I hate to agree with you, but you're right on this one.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What's exhausting is ignoring any hint of nuance and making everything a war to the death between manic extremes. Hard to have a normal discussion.

Totally agree here, too. The people making weird accusations that others can't stand to see people having fun make it hard to have a normal discussion with their making everything into some weird sociopathic extreme when people like me simply didn't think the game seemed mediocre and not worth bothering and watched that pretty much be validated over the last couple weeks.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Totally agree here, too. The people making weird accusations that others can't stand to see people having fun make it hard to have a normal discussion with their making everything into some weird sociopathic extreme when people like me simply didn't think the game seemed mediocre and not worth bothering and watched that pretty much be validated over the last couple weeks.
I was talking about you, among others. Do us all a favor and stop beating this weird dead horse.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What's exhausting is ignoring any hint of nuance and making everything a war to the death between manic extremes. Hard to have a normal discussion.

Jesus fuck the expectations people have over a video game. People will play a game for 150 hours in 2 weeks and then say it sucks because it didn't ruin their entire life forever, only for 2 weeks.

"I need all the best items to drop every 10 minutes or else it's a shit ARPG that just wastes my time". Probably not the genre you're looking for.

NoRmAl DiScUsSiOn!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Can we get a separate meta-thread for people bitching about the discussion about D4?

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I was talking about you, among others. Do us all a favor and stop beating this weird dead horse.

Oh. Oh, I see. Among others? Which others? Just people very mildly and boringly giving their opinion that game is mediocre or sucks in their opinion on a forum full of opinions? Or are you going to be fair and include the retards who can't respond to anyone criticising them game without weird hyperbolic retardation (zombiemethardmouth) or the shills claiming others sociopathically can't stand knowing people are having fun (because that's totally not a hyperbolic extreme at all).

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Can we get a separate meta-thread for people bitching about the discussion about D4?

Use your superior self confidence and just ignore them? You know, you don't have to respond to anyone at all expressing any opinion about a video game or in a video game thread just because you don't think it's acceptable.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
"STOP HATE POSTING ABOUT GAMES YOU DON'T ENJOY LET ALONE EVEN PLAY WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK!!"

no.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya my char is legit unkillable pretty much. Level 77 purposely tanking every hit I can of level 90 Ashava and I don't even need to use a single pot. Pretty sure the only thing that can kill me is uber Lillith.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The morale in this thread has dropped so far off a cliff people are now defending it by saying at least it was better than D3 at launch? Oof.

Was just a few weeks ago when people like me who felt the game was mediocre and not worth bothering with were just so upset seeing people have so much fun.

At least it's better than D3 at launch. Got money's worth at least. At least there was something to play for a few weeks. Thread is just depressing now.
I'm having loads of fun still at lv60. I'm a week behind because I didn't pay for early access though.

I'll probably go for lv70 then level a different class for season 1.

Items being boring is the biggest issue, there's like two types of item for each slot and they all look that same and have loads of shitty stats on them.

Second biggest issue is lack of build diversity, everything feels the same (for Rogue at least).

The world and dungeons are OK.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
LOL this is an ARPG, there is only so much you can play of games like this before the fun wears out. And I went at it HARD. Maybe a game like PoE have a better retention, because of all the fucking YEARS of content, but still 2-3 weeks, month tops, into a league and its sharp player dropoffs. These games will never be like MMOs, where y9ure gonna play this shit for a year straight. Well unless youre like Deathwing Deathwing . Its roll up a few characters, fuck around until bored and move along. See you next season or the one after that.
Just fyi, editing in name mentions won't notify the person.

I don't think I've ever played PoE for a year straight. I've played every league since breach, but they get 2 months playtime tops. Recent ones usually 1.

That said, if there's exciting shit to try and fun to be had, play an arpg for a year straight. Or any game for that matter. PoE had a crazy content schedule for a while. There was a lot to try each league. Thankfully they eased off as the tech debt was piling up. Also, I've gotten a bit smarter at realizing when I've played something similar enough to not bother.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does a pet build necro work for leveling or does it feel shitty without certain legendary powers?

Also, do all barbarian builds actually feel shitty while leveling, which seems to be people's opinion?
I leveled as a pet build. Used the Kripparian build from beta but use Golem instead of the Blood Escape skill. Then modified it a bit when I got my Unique Scythe that makes shadow do cold dmg. I might have been a bit lucky with certain aspects but I had no issues with the story or the start of Nightmare Dungeons.

Granted I'm only lvl64 as I am not rushing anything and play when I can (really nice weather outside). I beat the 70 Capstone dungeon at 60 or 61 with the same build.

Right now I'm in WT4 at 64 and while the skellies die a bit every now and then it's quite doable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm having loads of fun still at lv60. I'm a week behind because I didn't pay for early access though.

I'll probably go for lv70 then level a different class for season 1.

Items being boring is the biggest issue, there's like two types of item for each slot and they all look that same and have loads of shitty stats on them.

Second biggest issue is lack of build diversity, everything feels the same (for Rogue at least).

The world and dungeons are OK.

Barrage or Rapidfire build will give you different pacing and movement. Wudijo has changed to range on his 2nd n 3rd plays on his rogues for that reason.

Flurry is extreme fast 1 button spam that you can't even keep up with, TB builds are less spam but if you need a break from even that then try one of Wud's range builds.