Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The morale in this thread has dropped so far off a cliff people are now defending it by saying at least it was better than D3 at launch? Oof.

Was just a few weeks ago when people like me who felt the game was mediocre and not worth bothering with were just so upset seeing people have so much fun.

At least it's better than D3 at launch. Got money's worth at least. At least there was something to play for a few weeks. Thread is just depressing now.

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh. People are both still having fun with the game and acknowledging it's not going to provide infinite fun. That's hardly some kind of wild 180.

Its exactly what was the prevailing thought going in. It would be a 2-3 week thing and then wait for seasons to see how they do.

Obvious trolls are obvious.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Sure, sure. People were just casually saying they expected a few weeks of something to play, not sharing retarded memes about people furious and jealous others were have sooo much fun.

The emotional hype roller coaster has to be exhausting for those of you that do this several times a year, pretending others are furiously crying at your having tons of fun instead of just shrugging and waiting out the nonstop mediocrity from the gaming industry.

Actually, I understand the desperate fools overdosing on hype and ending up disappointed. But the people pretending they always knew it was going to be mediocre and full of issues and only a few weeks of playing anyhow who still got emotionally invested and hella hyped, well, that's a hell of a rationalization I don't understand.

Anyhow, see you nerds in 6+ months when the game is either fixed or free.

• 1Salty
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About right. ~3 weeks of playing to finish campaign and do some end game loop then get bored like every arpg. Then maybe come back if a season looks interesting enough(d3 had some fun ones so there is a chance).

Exactly what I said before launch.

Just because you want to change it , to then get upset about it, and pretend everyone wanted to play this every day for months and months. And now they are not, so I must of been right! You just sound like a bitter old man, called out on his shit and can't accept it. Can't stand other people having or had fun in something you dismissed. A behavior you casually dismissed as nonsense, aka denial. As you keep coming back.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL this is an ARPG, there is only so much you can play of games like this before the fun wears out. And I went at it HARD. Maybe a game like PoE have a better retention, because of all the fucking YEARS of content, but still 2-3 weeks, month tops, into a league and its sharp player dropoffs. These games will never be like MMOs, where y9ure gonna play this shit for a year straight. Well unless youre like Deathwing Deathwing . Its roll up a few characters, fuck around until bored and move along. See you next season or the one after that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
What's exhausting is ignoring any hint of nuance and making everything a war to the death between manic extremes. Hard to have a normal discussion.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Jesus fuck the expectations people have over a video game. People will play a game for 150 hours in 2 weeks and then say it sucks because it didn't ruin their entire life forever, only for 2 weeks.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What's exhausting is ignoring any hint of nuance and making everything a war to the death between manic extremes. Hard to have a normal discussion.
first time GIF

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Imagine being so fucking poor you think $70 for a couple of weeks of entertainment is a bad deal.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Does this game have the bad guys head constantly popping up and telling how you’ll never do the next step of the quest this time dumb nephalim?

• 1Worf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Does this game have the bad guys head constantly popping up and telling how you’ll never do the next step of the quest this time dumb nephalim?

Nope it just has some "girls get it done" morally gray badguy because Blizzard can't handle stories with actual evil in then anymore. Thankfully you see the cunt in the story then no NPCs ever pop out again.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nightmare dungeons in particular are a disappointment - they often feel like the worst aspects of WoW Mythics and D3 Rifts mashed together; hoping to get a good key with good affixes to a good dungeon with good density, or else I'm just wasting my time.

"I need all the best items to drop every 10 minutes or else it's a shit ARPG that just wastes my time". Probably not the genre you're looking for.

• 1Moron
  • 1Truth!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well I mean part of the reason for the game feeling like dogshit leveling is fucking scaling. God I fucking hate HATE that shit.

I could deal with the WW build a clunky piece of retarded resource starved dogshit, but you put scaling on top of it and it REALLY feels so fucking bad.

Hot take here: fuck open worlds AArpg, put the rails back on in the form of acts/chapter so scaling can go fuckitself till end game. Do whatever the fuck you want at end game idc.

The open world shit added nothing of value to the leveling experience. Also that open world is bland and monotonous, ya the map overall is huge, but like people pointed out before it's 10 flavors of fucking deserted paths.
The fuck are you even talking about? Do you think D2 didn't scale as you went through the acts or some shit? PoE doesn't scale as you go through the acts?

• 2Moron
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
"I need all the best items to drop every 10 minutes or else it's a shit ARPG that just wastes my time". Probably not the genre you're looking for.

And yet the post you quoted didn't even mention items you absolute fucking retard. Goddamn how many illiterate American Inventors do we have on this board? Words have meanings you should try harder to deciper them before posting.

• 1Like