Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Scrapped the necro awhile ago, went with barb. A bit of a slog, but my ancients picked up the slack for me until 40ish. Finally got everything upgraded to sacred, with proper aspects, and now I'm mowing through most shit easy, even got the butcher rather easy (dropped yellows, wtf)

I'm really trying to have a good time, but the game randomly freezes up. Clicking on the vendors, opening inventory (usually when it's near full), and zoning into dungeons. I can go 6 hours and not a thing, next time I play I'll freeze randomly multiple times, and forced to end task, and start again.

Issue seems to be something to do with items server side, sometimes when I open inventory and scan through the items, the info card for it doesn't display right away, or at all.Have had the issue with doing a lot of upgrades at occultist too, results in a DC, and character locked (loggin into alt fixes it) Noticed it all tends to be worse during peak periods, and middle of night too, when all the fucking asians show up. Not exactly sure what that is all about, there are Asian/Oceanic servers right? I don't see how RMT could be a thing.

Mounts are fucking garbage, unless it's a really long haul or I'm in a hurry, I'm much happier just butchering everything between point A & B

Game has potential if they stop fucking around, and get to work. Still the worst Blizzard launch I've ever experienced. I feel like I'm playing Vanguard, I reeeeaallly want to like it, but the performance is absolute shit. Gotta admit there's a lot of brown everywhere.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus fuck the expectations people have over a video game. People will play a game for 150 hours in 2 weeks and then say it sucks because it didn't ruin their entire life forever, only for 2 weeks.
I mean, relationships that burn hot and heavy for only two weeks are usually because the sex is just wonderfully insane, which goes right along with how bat shit insane she probably is. So I guess I kind of agree there and.. want my games to evoke that similarity.

"STOP HATE POSTING ABOUT GAMES YOU DON'T ENJOY LET ALONE EVEN PLAY WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK!!"

View attachment 478482
I would rather have a way to ignore someone in specific threads, and not the whole forum. Some people have such a hard on for hating on Blizzard that all I really believe is that Afrasiabi thought it would be hilarious to lock them in the bathroom with Hamlette. (Which in reality, I hope that Furor is as fucked up funny as that irl.) But outside of the Blizzard threads, a few of them revert back to normal individuals.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just unlocked WT4 at lv61, phew that fight was stressful underlevelled, had to stack every damage reduction possible.

Any tips for how best to start WT4?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
WT4 was a struggle for my druid til level 65 or 66. Not a big struggle but a struggle. I did decent damage even at 60 but I was squishy so helltides were annoying because sometimes i'd lose lots of cinders to deaths before ever getting 175 for the mystery chests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
WT4 was a struggle for my druid til level 65 or 66. Not a big struggle but a struggle. I did decent damage even at 60 but I was squishy so helltides were annoying because sometimes i'd lose lots of cinders to deaths before ever getting 175 for the mystery chests.
Yeah no helltides is a good tip, even at the best of times you can die to latency.

Nightmare Dungeons are scaled anyway so... sounds like outdoor tree of whispers stuff is the way to avoid lv70 bosses but still make progress?

Burns

Yeah no helltides is a good tip, even at the best of times you can die to latency.

Nightmare Dungeons are scaled anyway so... sounds like outdoor tree of whispers stuff is the way to avoid lv70 bosses but still make progress?
You can probably still do the Helltide trick of collecting the currency in WT3, then switching to WT4 to open the mystery boxes. Only open Mystery box and use this map to find them: Diablo 4 Helltide Event Tracker and Chest Locations

They are the best loot for the time spent, but a wee bit boring. I was running from event to event on that map, or trying to chain reset events (instance jumping) but the most I was able to get was 3 boxes in an hour. From what I understand, others have said they can get 4 boxes in an hour if they just find a high density area and mass murder mobs.

I was a slow necro summoner, so I cant zip around the map when not on my mount. Events were ideal, because mobs come to you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Honestly, I would prefer them to go my exponential with the XP gain.. Leveling from 1-75/80 or hell even closer to 90 would be fine, after that it should be dick grindingly retarded to go further.. instead it's more linear so every level feels like a sluggish slog of pig shit you have to wade through.
They did. Level 85 is the halfway mark in terms of xp. Granted, it isn't the xp pig that D2 was, but it still is fairly gross.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You can probably still do the Helltide trick of collecting the currency in WT3, then switching to WT4 to open the mystery boxes. Only open Mystery box and use this map to find them: Diablo 4 Helltide Event Tracker and Chest Locations

They are the best loot for the time spent, but a wee bit boring. I was running from event to event on that map, or trying to chain reset events (instance jumping) but the most I was able to get was 3 boxes in an hour. From what I understand, others have said they can get 4 boxes in an hour if they just find a high density area and mass murder mobs.

I was a slow necro summoner, so I cant zip around the map when not on my mount. Events were ideal, because mobs come to you.
Great I'll try that then, still have to get to the chest though!

Fucker

Log Wizard
I'm really trying to have a good time, but the game randomly freezes up. Clicking on the vendors, opening inventory (usually when it's near full), and zoning into dungeons. I can go 6 hours and not a thing, next time I play I'll freeze randomly multiple times, and forced to end task, and start again.

Issue seems to be something to do with items server side, sometimes when I open inventory and scan through the items, the info card for it doesn't display right away, or at all.Have had the issue with doing a lot of upgrades at occultist too, results in a DC, and character locked (loggin into alt fixes it) Noticed it all tends to be worse during peak periods, and middle of night too, when all the fucking asians show up. Not exactly sure what that is all about, there are Asian/Oceanic servers right? I don't see how RMT could be a thing.
One common source of stuttering is Use Browser hardware acceleration in the Bnet app. Uncheck it and restart the app.

fgd.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just unlocked WT4 at lv61, phew that fight was stressful underlevelled, had to stack every damage reduction possible.

Any tips for how best to start WT4?
Don't until 65 or 66. Fighting level 73 mobs at 61 is not fun unless your gear and build is insane, and even then it's still not good.

Daidraco

Don't until 65 or 66. Fighting level 73 mobs at 61 is not fun unless your gear and build is insane, and even then it's still not good.
I mean, its Chris - So I dont know if he can make a build that can. But my Pulverize Druid was melting WT4 at 61. But thats more so cause I didnt level up the sperg way and grinded out NM dungeons instead, Im sure. I think when they finally do buff nightmare exp - people will have a smoother transition from world tier to world tier. Which is how it should be. As soon as a Glyph hits 15, it turns into a GD monster of a glyph and "to me" thats really gratifying.

I just dont want to blow my mental load on this eternal shit when the season is right around the corner.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I mean, its Chris - So I dont know if he can make a build that can. But my Pulverize Druid was melting WT4 at 61. But thats more so cause I didnt level up the sperg way and grinded out NM dungeons instead, Im sure. I think when they finally do buff nightmare exp - people will have a smoother transition from world tier to world tier. Which is how it should be. As soon as a Glyph hits 15, it turns into a GD monster of a glyph and "to me" thats really gratifying.

I just dont want to blow my mental load on this eternal shit when the season is right around the corner.
How I feel as well, can’t be arsed to lvl flurry rogue anymore as I was destroying WT4 at around 63. Anxious to see what season 1 looks like and still logging a few hours every other day on alts. Ff16 this week as well which should hold my attention a bit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
We had so much fun not playing this piece of shit last night! Good times brothers!

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah I only beat the lv70 dungeon nine levels early, I'm clearly a noob.

Daidraco

Yeah I only beat the lv70 dungeon nine levels early, I'm clearly a noob.
Yea, cause circle jerking over how low of a lvl I did the lvl 70 capstone dungeon with YOU is relevant. Was carried by Janx, Vold and Booze at 51, and I carried my first person through it at 57. Said that a few pages back. Werent you still acting like a circus faggot about not buying the game on that same page? Think so. But look where you are now! You own the game and still clearing content at your mental pace! So proud of you!

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I saw your message this morning. THIS MORNING. I get up between 5 and 5:30 NATURALLY, bro lol.

Dude I can’t believe you surrendered. Wait. Are you from France? I won’t blame you then it was taught to you from birth. ❤️❤️ (lol oh boy)

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Dude I can’t believe you surrendered. Wait. Are you from France? I won’t blame you then it was taught to you from birth. ❤️❤️ (lol oh boy)
Sir. I make my own fireworks on the 4th of July. I dont pay no China man. (Skeet shooting for the less dramatic)
bd612fe7cadad9e9dd359425ec08f337.jpg

• 1Double Worf