Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Now that would be the type of cosmetic that they could sell and would probably make an entire buttfucking fortune on.

Make all the attacks look dogshit has hell, have terrible ground effects that cover shit up making it hard to see and the game general turbo aids.. Then sell retards better looking fireballs and visuals that make the game perform the way it should at base.

Kotick when you read this I expect a 10% consulting fee on all profits.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
What does immortal have? Sorry I never even looked at the game, just knew it was a goofy mobile app at one point and I guess it got ported to PC. Is there really a massive player base for it or something?
Diablo Immortal had leaderboards, clans, a large city full of players, open world events you could group for, auto queue dungeons and rifts, static raid groups, PvP battlegrounds and a secret society you went to once a day to buff each other and do a PvP dungeon.

It was really good but the lack of frequent content updates and the P2W gem system killed it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Now that would be the type of cosmetic that they could sell and would probably make an entire buttfucking fortune on.

Make all the attacks look dogshit has hell, have terrible ground effects that cover shit up making it hard to see and the game general turbo aids.. Then sell retards better looking fireballs and visuals that make the game perform the way it should at base.
This is literally what PoE does.

• 1Seriously?

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So in conclusion D3 hat a way more fun and polished endgame and Immortal the overall better content and assets? According to r/D4 we all should wait 2-3 years and everything will be fine.
It's really weird what happened post launch, at first everyone was thrilled bc story and polished design but then everyone realized "why should I play this after all?"

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So in conclusion D3 hat a way more fun and polished endgame and Immortal the overall better content and assets? According to r/D4 we all should wait 2-3 years and everything will be fine.
It's really weird what happened post launch, at first everyone was thrilled bc story and polished design but then everyone realized "why should I play this after all?"
Well it's obvious the game basically ends at level 70 and they're not doing anything to fix it.

It's stupid that after level 70, no better items drop, but the level req on the rares keeps going up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So in conclusion D3 hat a way more fun and polished endgame..

lol? It(D3) had GRs that stopped at 150. That's all d3 had for an endgame, for all the years it was out, it was just GRs. The cap just got higher and higher as time went on. One big difference was there was no cap to paragon, but paragon was also basically +5 main stat after the first 600 or so.

This game basically has the same thing, in nightmare dungeons. Though this has some other things at least,even with how minimal they are. Things like helltides, or things like uber lilith. What they will do here is up the torment as it goes on, up nightmare dungeons etc. What will be more telling is they go beyond that and make seasons with actual content or if its just changes to current content.

Last edited:

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At the end of the day, even for a filthy casual as myself, the game starts going rapidly downhill after the campaign finishes.

1-50 I felt was fairly solid and then 50 - 70 you could see progress. Everything post 70 is not fun at all since you hardly ever get excited to see a drop.

70-100 ( which I didn't do ) was just a meaningless grind and unnessacary.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Implying there is any company out there that is good at balance or able to stop bots.

It isn’t that hard if you aren’t a purple haired fucking dike no talent diversity hire. Hey I have news for you. When all these fuck cups are yelling and screaming about landing on the moon in 2029, we already did it 60 years prior on the compute of a fucking smart toaster.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
IDK why anyone would want leaderboards anyway since you would not be even top 1000 or more if you dont play this shit for 18 hrs a day AND with a full group.
You act like there aren’t multiple Mongoloids on this forum that will play a full group themselves 22 hours a day.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the end of the day, even for a filthy casual as myself, the game starts going rapidly downhill after the campaign finishes.

1-50 I felt was fairly solid and then 50 - 70 you could see progress. Everything post 70 is not fun at all since you hardly ever get excited to see a drop.

70-100 ( which I didn't do ) was just a meaningless grind and unnessacary.

Basically. After 70 its just trying to get better rolls, grinding to level 100, grinding to nightmare 100 dungeon, uber lilith and chasing unique drops. All to just clear things faster.

Boring as hell for me. But also par for the course for an ARPG imo. Because the above is exactly what an ARPG is imo.

Its why they are 1-2 week play sessions and quit type games. Because in the end, they are what they are and can never hold my attention long.

I ignore the weirdos that somehow play them for months and months as their main games.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What does immortal have? Sorry I never even looked at the game, just knew it was a goofy mobile app at one point and I guess it got ported to PC. Is there really a massive player base for it or something?

Extensive live service features. As Chris already outlined. I'm sure he missed a few, because there are just that many.

The live service features D4 has are poorly done or console style. See random players spawning at the world boss and no coherent towns, shards, or cities. You never see guildmates or anyone relevant in town. No place to get groups. In Immortal you might actually bump elbows with a top leaderboard challenge rift runner, or a major guild leader or officer-- you might get recruited to a guild and so forth just based on being scouted out in town.

Actual concrete persistent main city allows for social interaction. That's a live service experience.

In D4 case they used more of a console video game standard. Immortal is more PC-MMO, despite being a mobile game.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so my corpse necro is just based 1 mantra, always be invulnerable, with lucky affixs decrepify can bring bonestorm cooldown to 20s or down to nothing. it's kinda fun my wife and i just goto a nightmare, train to the goal (kill a mob, free a prisoner...etc) and just keep on training

but these loot tables are screwy, i have 6unique hats!

• 1Worf

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Extensive live service features. As Chris already outlined. I'm sure he missed a few, because there are just that many.

The live service features D4 has are poorly done or console style. See random players spawning at the world boss and no coherent towns, shards, or cities. You never see guildmates or anyone relevant in town. No place to get groups. In Immortal you might actually bump elbows with a top leaderboard challenge rift runner, or a major guild leader or officer-- you might get recruited to a guild and so forth just based on being scouted out in town.

Actual concrete persistent main city allows for social interaction. That's a live service experience.

In D4 case they used more of a console video game standard. Immortal is more PC-MMO, despite being a mobile game.
Fucking consoles. It's why we have only 6 stupid active abilities for a gay controller. Give me my secondary bar and hit shift to do other things.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fucking consoles. It's why we have only 6 stupid active abilities for a gay controller. Give me my secondary bar and hit shift to do other things.

It's obvious the console vision guided a lot of the release version of D4 we got.

The mobile cash grab Immortal didn't have those restrictions on what they can do. It also had a partner in NetEase who specializes in live service games and MMO's. So that's why Immortal has such a heavy lean toward MMO style gameplay. There's about 10 features if they copied from Immortal that would improve D4, and yes, sell cosmetics and make people give a fuck about cosmetics more.

One is the shard system. You need a way to create server shard leaderboards separate from the global leaderboard. A global world leaderboard is fine to view outside the game-- but inside the game, nobody cares if they are # 209352350934 of 324095453065436. It has to be server shard based. You need server shards to create competitive communities among themselves. Group functions and shard system go hand in hand. The reason we don't have group functions and ability to LFG for dungeons in D4 is because they have no idea how to implement it.

The game is a fucking trainwreck, and Reddit saying 2-3 years is probably not enough. There are some serious underdeveloped features in D4 that also affect the seasonal live service model they are trying to push on people.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It isn’t that hard if you aren’t a purple haired fucking dike no talent diversity hire. Hey I have news for you. When all these fuck cups are yelling and screaming about landing on the moon in 2029, we already did it 60 years prior on the compute of a fucking smart toaster.
And yet you decided not to give an example of a company/game that has good balance and/or was able to stop bots and instead just scream some irrelevant outrage nonsense. Some of you retards on this board are starting to look and sound exactly like all the lefty retards you think are the only ones ruining everything.

• 1Moron
  • 1EyeRoll

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's not the reason, in FF14 I have 32 abilities mapped to combinations of dpad/buttons and L2/R2 using cross hotbar. There are ways to get more.

PoE has 12 abilties in easy reach with 4 buttons and L/R buttons.

They are doing it to make it easier to balance for their retarded staff.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'm sure it's not very gamer like, but with limited playtime I tend to drop down to tier 1 (I'm 71) to complete most of the dungeons quicker for the renown needed to complete. (Not really caring about xp at this point)
The extra minutes saved from doing at Tier 4 or even Tier 3 tend to add up.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's not the reason, in FF14 I have 32 abilities mapped to combinations of dpad/buttons and L2/R2 using cross hotbar. There are ways to get more.

PoE has 12 abilties in easy reach with 4 buttons and L/R buttons.

They are doing it to make it easier to balance for their retarded staff.

Imagine the disappointment when the leaderboard finally drops, and it's just a global WORLDWIDE leaderboard for the maxroll guys and some botters in China to compete with.

They need to rethink no shards or regional gameplay, and do it fast. Call ching chong.

• 1Picard