Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Diablo has always had that point where the sense of progression and/or motivation drops off. 70-100 seems to be that point. However, its much better than D3. D3 was pretty well just a personal competition of attempting to best your own highest GRift. D4 does have much more to do even though the multiple options still feel stale over time.

I feel like the game is pretty fun up through 60 at the games current state but i'm curious to see what kind of QoL changes or additions come to the game over the next 6+ months.

I think I'm going to get some enjoyment out of the first season but its going to be the following seasons that will really make or break it for me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Imagine the disappointment when the leaderboard finally drops, and it's just a global WORLDWIDE leaderboard for the maxroll guys and some botters in China to compete with.

They need to rethink no shards or regional gameplay, and do it fast. Call ching chong.
They could have weekly Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum leagues on exp gained or some other objective, so you compete against a smaller pool.

Drop gold+enchant mats depending on positioning.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its going to be off nightmare dungeons, highest and time completion and/or uber lilith time completion.

They are not exactly creative.

Just like d3 season ladders.

I would be shocked to see anything else or even a level based ladder ala d2.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Implying there is any company out there that is good at balance or able to stop bots.
You might be right about balance but can we just start saying fuck balance. The whole need for balance evolved from esport gayness. Anyone that gives a shit about world firsts and ladder poopsockers can also eat a dick in the name of balance. The whole point of seasons is you get to put all the numbers back in the blender.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You might be right about balance but can we just start saying fuck balance. The whole need for balance evolved from esport gayness. Anyone that gives a shit about world firsts and ladder poopsockers can also eat a dick in the name of balance. The whole point of seasons is you get to put all the numbers back in the blender.

I am with this, who cares about balance. Especially in seasons where they specifically stated it was a vacuum where they didn't have to worry about it or affecting eternal realm. Should be the one major positive about season mechanics being temporary.

But of course these idiots had to add pvp to the game. So you know those who do that will cry and whine about balance even more then normal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Extensive live service features. As Chris already outlined. I'm sure he missed a few, because there are just that many.

The live service features D4 has are poorly done or console style. See random players spawning at the world boss and no coherent towns, shards, or cities. You never see guildmates or anyone relevant in town. No place to get groups. In Immortal you might actually bump elbows with a top leaderboard challenge rift runner, or a major guild leader or officer-- you might get recruited to a guild and so forth just based on being scouted out in town.

Actual concrete persistent main city allows for social interaction. That's a live service experience.

In D4 case they used more of a console video game standard. Immortal is more PC-MMO, despite being a mobile game.
Amazing. Two months ago you were bitching that D4 might force you to PvP to get needed drops for crafting, and how we couldn’t avoid it.

Now you are praising those same systems in DI.

Don’t let it fool you. DI has built in group and PvP functions because mobile games now know those are the people who like to spend….to keep up on leaderboards, to be guilt tripped not to let their fellow guildies down when they spend.

Now while I do wish there was easier ways to find groups for people that want that kind of thing…..what I don’t want is DI’s dependency on guilds and groups. I don’t want to have to join a guild for the best loot. I don’t want to worry how high my guild is ranked in order it get the best rewards. I don’t want to PvP to progress my character.

I honestly don’t give a fuck if I run into anybody else. I don’t want dungeons tuned to require more than myself to clear. I’m happy to log in, kill shit for a few hours, log off.

So in that sense you are right. DI is much more like an MMO than D4. But I didn’t want to play D4 as an MMO. I wanted to play it like all the other Diablos before. This was obviously a design choice by them, obviously to cater to the filthy casuals like me vs old school EQ raiders.

They basically are half assing this whole multilayer thing. Why are guilds even in this game? Get rid of them if they aren’t going to serve a purpose. Does anybody bitch because there’s no guilds Dark Souls? anyone else hoping From games decide to go more MMO-like?

How about APRGs as a genre? Anyone wish Titan Quest, Victor Vran, PoE, etc.. had guilds? I mean, what the fuck do they think most people play ARPGs for?

Has anyone played an ARPG before and been like, “you know what would make this experience better? Team play”

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Balance is well and good but more importantly it actually needs to be fun to play. Diablo 4 offers very little fun.

I just want to smash screens full of demons with cool skills. However everything in this game is designed to slow that down and make it as tedious and shitty as possible. As I level I want my character to get stronger, I am fine casting dogshit spells at level 1 but st level 100 I should be firing ultimate show stopping nuke spells left and right... instead you still sit with dick in hand firing the same dogshit spell while your character gets weaker due to shitty itemization and scaling.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hell the best d3 seasons were the last few, where they basically threw power creep out the window and just went wild. Especially the last season.

The problem with this, is they would have to introduce actual new content for seasons, like PoE does. Then you can just throw character power around wildly. But if you go full wild right away, what will you do the next seasons. Gets progressively harder to out do the previous crazy powerful. If you just wanted all powerful every time, would have to up the levels of everything every season(NM dungeons, torment levels, bosses etc) just to get something new.

Can you really do both? I dunno, not a game developer, but I would think it would be difficult. So maybe alternate. One season does new content. Next just does absurd mechanical changes that throws balance out of wack.

The other issue with new content, is because they dont carry stuff over to regular servers, its basically trashed when season ends. Whereas crazy power levels can come and go with no issue.

They pretty much turned their game into a season only thing imo. Which is fine with me, but I am sure there are some upset by it.

Sorry a bit of a ramble.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Amazing. Two months ago you were bitching that D4 might force you to PvP to get needed drops for crafting, and how we couldn’t avoid it.

Now you are praising those same systems in DI.

Don’t let it fool you. DI has built in group and PvP functions because mobile games now know those are the people who like to spend….to keep up on leaderboards, to be guilt tripped not to let their fellow guildies down when they spend.

Now while I do wish there was easier ways to find groups for people that want that kind of thing…..what I don’t want is DI’s dependency on guilds and groups. I don’t want to have to join a guild for the best loot. I don’t want to worry how high my guild is ranked in order it get the best rewards. I don’t want to PvP to progress my character.

I honestly don’t give a fuck if I run into anybody else. I don’t want dungeons tuned to require more than myself to clear. I’m happy to log in, kill shit for a few hours, log off.

So in that sense you are right. DI is much more like an MMO than D4. But I didn’t want to play D4 as an MMO. I wanted to play it like all the other Diablos before. This was obviously a design choice by them, obviously to cater to the filthy casuals like me vs old school EQ raiders.

They basically are half assing this whole multilayer thing. Why are guilds even in this game? Get rid of them if they aren’t going to serve a purpose. Does anybody bitch because there’s no guilds Dark Souls? anyone else hoping From games decide to go more MMO-like?

How about APRGs as a genre? Anyone wish Titan Quest, Victor Vran, PoE, etc.. had guilds? I mean, what the fuck do they think most people play ARPGs for?

Has anyone played an ARPG before and been like, “you know what would make this experience better? Team play”

Exactly. Shutting off crossplay didn't go far enough. It's not about this direction or that-- it's about the half-footing and half-stepping that's obnoxious.

Let them check a SSF box on season. No trading, no groups, no lemmings spawning. Just get rid of the half-ass live service. That would sell A LOT of cosmetics, right?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What does PvP even do? I'm not paying for Playstation Network.

No clue. They should of made it an instanced arena and normalized gear inside it. Then you could do ratings.

All I have seen of it is clips/highlights of crazy things. Like the thorns barb just sitting around and people dying trying to attack them.

Seems about as pointless as d2 pvp. Which I actually did way more of them I should for shits and giggles. Or the few times when someone died and all the gear popped out the ground and it was a mad dash to get it.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Exactly. Shutting off crossplay didn't go far enough. It's not about this direction or that-- it's about the half-footing and half-stepping that's obnoxious.

Let them check a SSF box on season. No trading, no groups, no lemmings spawning. Just get rid of the half-ass live service. That would sell A LOT of cosmetics, right?
Lol. Look at the Blizzard shill telling us how to make them more money.

I’ll give you my stance. Don’t shoehorn cosmetics into a game like Diablo. No one gives a shit what your character looks like except yourself.

And if you do try to change the game into a MMO to force people to group and pay attention to each other….well then, thats not Diablo.

DI probably makes more money off of cosmetics than D4. Let’s keep it that way. No one asked for any of this shit anyways. Well, maybe except you. You seem to have a hard on wanting to meet people and look at their characters in a video game. I just want to kill shit and loot.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just wish there was a way to have video games without monetization-- but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way.

The live service team working on the Battlepass every season ain't working for free.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This costs money.

1688936019224.png

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I just wish there was a way to have video games without monetization-- but unfortunately it just doesn't work that way.
You’ve apparently never played Dark Souls or any other From title.

Or Final Fantasy. Or Zelda.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You’ve apparently never played Dark Souls or any other From title.

Or Final Fantasy. Or Zelda.
There's people here who won't play FF16 or Zelda because I said they were good and you need to use a controller.

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users