Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'd rather they just up the box price to like 100$ than add stupid ass mtx. Or just make the game subscription based. Even despite immortal, this game is going to break records out the ass.

Duuude....

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The trailer looked ok? I don't get some of the extreme reactions here, both people thinking this looks really good and terrible. Graphics are ok, animation still look somewhat off to me not too sure why, style is fine I don't mind it, I didn't mind D3 that much either, do find funny that they push this really grim and violent thing and then the bodies of people strung all over the place still have perfectly placed clothes over genitals, but I guess you can't do that much about ESRB ratings and shit(although PoE has some naked bodies here and there for example). PvP is absolutely irrelevant for me for this type of game, the large multiplayer stuff seems just like the marvel ARPG shit that shut down which was in practice complete garbage if it's not specifically tailored to party play(they added actual raids to that eventually so that was ok I think, but the events stuff was whatever). But a new ARPG is always something I'm interested in, so I'll see if it's any good before I make any further judgement.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The trailer looked ok? I don't get some of the extreme reactions here, both people thinking this looks really good and terrible. Graphics are ok, animation still look somewhat off to me not too sure why, style is fine I don't mind it, I didn't mind D3 that much either, do find funny that they push this really grim and violent thing and then the bodies of people strung all over the place still have perfectly placed clothes over genitals, but I guess you can't do that much about ESRB ratings and shit(although PoE has some naked bodies here and there for example). PvP is absolutely irrelevant for me for this type of game, the large multiplayer stuff seems just like the marvel ARPG shit that shut down which was in practice complete garbage if it's not specifically tailored to party play(they added actual raids to that eventually so that was ok I think, but the events stuff was whatever). But a new ARPG is always something I'm interested in, so I'll see if it's any good before I make any further judgement.

Yeah. Looks good. Not great.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You know....a blood wall? Looks good to me!

Ok.
1655070909816.png

What exactly looks good about the blood wall?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a social commentary on what the D4 design team thinks will appeal to Diablo fans. "ITS NOT DARK ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *SLAMS DESK*

They chose that specific scene to preview to set the tone. You have to ask to what end? It was obviously included to shock people as its an unprecedented level of gore and blood in the franchise in a modern engine.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Interview with the devs. They discussed endgame dungeons which certain loot drops are targetable.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Duuude....
??? You act like I'm saying they should charge 500$ for the game or something. I just want games to return to how more old school games worked like EQ/DAoC etc. You paid a sub, no stupid shit ass micro shops where you could buy skins. You wore shit you got in game and people knew if you were badass entirely by your gear/looks, not because you paid 50$ in cosmetics. IMO the ultimate modern game converges that paradigm with modern combat mechanics. I basically want Lost Ark without the retarded ass skins or its stupid ass loot/gearing up system. Remove the skins entirely and simply add transmog using items that only exist in the game(want a certain look? well you either have to loot or trade for that specific gear) and make a bit more intricate of a loot/gear system that isn't just +numbers gewd durrr and you have pretty damn close to the perfect game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
*throws blood and gore everywhere excessively to cover up lack of gameplay*

"They won't even be able to see the game, so who gives a fuck" - D4 Design Team

• 1Picard

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'd rather they just up the box price to like 100$ than add stupid ass mtx. Or just make the game subscription based. Even despite immortal, this game is going to break records out the ass.
It's a hot take, but in certain frame of mind- i 100% agree. ANY cash shop just rubs wrong, but I don't think it's going anywhere. I have no doubt it will break sales records again- just like d3.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The fact that all 5 classes are kinda samey-grimdark looking is the one drawback I see for D4 so far. I liked the flashy classes like Monk/Wizard/Templar in D3. All 5 classes in D4 so far have the same tribal/shamanistic look to them.
Kinda stunned about no Paladin but I guess Barbarian can do the Sword/Sheild archetype.

Not bringing Monk in is a mistake, it was really fun in D3.

Sorceress/Rogue are classics and similar enough to Wizard/Amazon.

Glad they got rid of Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor.

I'm really confused about why they chose Druid, I always thought it was the weakest of the D2 classes. Assassin was cool as a melee/caster hybrid.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Kinda stunned about no Paladin but I guess Barbarian can do the Sword/Sheild archetype.

Not bringing Monk in is a mistake, it was really fun in D3.

Sorceress/Rogue are classics and similar enough to Wizard/Amazon.

Glad they got rid of Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor.

I'm really confused about why they chose Druid, I always thought it was the weakest of the D2 classes. Assassin was cool as a melee/caster hybrid.

I bet the reason why there’s no paladin is probably due to the story. Some kind of shit where there are no longer any holy warriors left in Sanctuary. Thus the reason for the absence of paladins and monks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
??? You act like I'm saying they should charge 500$ for the game or something. I just want games to return to how more old school games worked like EQ/DAoC etc. You paid a sub, no stupid shit ass micro shops where you could buy skins. You wore shit you got in game and people knew if you were badass entirely by your gear/looks, not because you paid 50$ in cosmetics. IMO the ultimate modern game converges that paradigm with modern combat mechanics.

I'd say 99% of gamers want that, where you get everything by earning it in game. But those days are gone. Lamenting on the fact and wishing for it are a waste of time, especially in any AAA title. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. It sucks, but it is what it is.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think we all might have THAT particular phobia. Fuck that.

Do you also have a phobia of being able to see the floor of the dungeon you are in?

How did the blood wall physically change and affect it's environment? Did it behave in a way that made sense? Or did it just cover the screen?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Interview with the devs. They discussed endgame dungeons which certain loot drops are targetable.
This kinda throws up numerous warning flags for me, given that Immortal now exists. Asmongold had a rant today about his fear of D4 being nothing new in regards to "endgame"... and it made sense. The Nightmare dungeons, which are the only endgame content they've talked about (other than D4's version of Bounties), are compared to D3 Rifts. If the the endgame in D4 is comprised only of Nightmare Dungeons, World Bosses and Tree Missions, its going to die off really fast. It would like Lost Ark only having Chaos Dungeons and Guardians. They need to have something beyond on that for players to strive towards, like PoE has their Bosses and LA has their Raids (note, I don't want D4 to have absurd mechanic based content).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Very few, if any, games nowadays truly have a game worth paying a subscription. Especially the $15 a month sub that most EQers have in their mind. $5 a month? Maybe, but definitely not $15 a month.

Anti-MTX is a boomer feels point. I never buy MTX, but if some retard wants to wear a snowcone for a hat in D4 and have fuckin' Post Malone dunks on and they're willing to pay 45 dollars so I don't have to pay ANYTHING and the game keeps running/getting content? That's a fucking win. We all played EQ and jerked off over people with epic weapons and full Cobalt and Time particle weapons and shit, but guess what? The highest end content is going to be easily achieved by anyone, because this is a Blizzard game. You may not get the Bul Katho's Blade Ilvl757 one, but you'll surely have the Bul Katho's Blade ilvl690 one that looks the exact fucking same. Throw on transmogs (Blizzard does this) and who knows what people are wearing.

The anti-bot point is the only valid one you have, and I'm all for games have box prices to keep botting limited, but even with $40 box prices people still bot the fuck out of games because in reality running that bot program for a week is going to net them 10x or more the box price. The only way to really stop botters is to actively police it and most of these companies don't want to divert the manpower (look at GM Narlee from EQ) or just don't care. The only time they're going to really police bots is if they interfere with some sort of funny money currency Blizz sells directly, then they'll actually do something.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It's a hot take, but in certain frame of mind- i 100% agree. ANY cash shop just rubs wrong, but I don't think it's going anywhere. I have no doubt it will break sales records again- just like d3.
Some cash shop shit I don't mind like mainly QOL stuff such as larger bank space, more character slots, name changes, char creation looks reset etc. Just no damn skins and/or direct buying of items.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Only because of the exponential growth of the gaming industry as a whole since the 2010's
Which is kind of irrelevant. If the market is growing as much as you imply- multiple games would have broken those records since then. Sadly, too many normies out there who will just go FUCK YEAH NEW DIABLO, and sink money sight unseen. Immortal furor is highly unlikely to reach any sort of mass audience.