Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
hotfix went out to fix the exploits I guess. Seeing people bitching about getting banned on twitch now. One guy was saying his whole guild got the boot

Any official statement on action taken?

I could see it being likely only people trading hearts/slots/items between Eternal/Seasonal would get ban hammered. It's difficult to imagine mass bans on anyone who transferred gold.

I'd guess his entire guild was doing item trades, since that's where the fun was. The fun of the exploit wasn't in trading gold.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm still trying to understand why they had to ban everybody for their colossal fuck ups in a game with literally no competition or consequences.

theres-one-thing-you-dont-have-and-thats-tegridy-randy-marsh.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm still trying to understand why they had to ban everybody for their colossal fuck ups in a game with literally no competition or consequences.

theres-one-thing-you-dont-have-and-thats-tegridy-randy-marsh.gif

Yeah pretty much, are they worried about people fucking up the leader boards.... oh wait yeah there aren't any.

If anything Blizzard should get a class action suit and be required to refund every dollar they collected on this unfinished pile of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Any official statement on action taken?

I could see it being likely only people trading hearts/slots/items between Eternal/Seasonal would get ban hammered. It's difficult to imagine mass bans on anyone who transferred gold.

I'd guess his entire guild was doing item trades, since that's where the fun was. The fun of the exploit wasn't in trading gold.

Hi all -
I just wanted to let everyone know that this was addressed a few days ago in our last hotfix and hasn’t been present in the game since. We have also actioned on select accounts related to this incident. We appreciate everyone for bringing this to our attention.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Banning people for exploiting in a single player game without leaderboards. Peak Blizzard, pathetic.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Only a few streamers and their friends/guild by the sound of it. "Select" action is getting some backlash. All or nothing.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even the so-called "bans" are second rate half-baked system. The D4 team is incapable of doing anything coherent or with purpose.

Everything is second rate half-steps with this game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1691313456404.png

Bans have started to hit regular traders who post WTS in discord.

Unauthorized exchange of items for money is being listed as the reason in the above letter.

1691313493163.png

Blizzard does not want trade to take place in this game at all, even with what limited implementation there is.

Half-baked headless chicken type of "enforcement". Let an exploiter purchase your items unbeknownst to you, get banned for selling it to him.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
View attachment 485550

Bans have started to hit regular traders who post WTS in discord.

Unauthorized exchange of items for money is being listed as the reason in the above letter.

View attachment 485551

Blizzard does not want trade to take place in this game at all, even with what limited implementation there is.

Half-baked headless chicken type of "enforcement". Let an exploiter purchase your items unbeknownst to you, get banned for selling it to him.

Fucks sake. They really are trying to get rid of every last player.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fucks sake. They really are trying to get rid of every last player.
They made the money they are going to make from box sales.

If they can see that microtransaction sales are low then players using their servers for free are just a net loss, so they are incentivised to get the game shut down as soon as possible and potentially get people back for a paid expansion.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
1691361969977.png

D4 competing against DUOLINGO for viewers...

Man, I am sitting well with my refund that allowed me to still beat the game due to not logging out.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk when does PoE2 come out?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
View attachment 485604

Man, I am sitting well with my refund that allowed me to still beat the game due to not logging out.

Shit even faggotflight has 3x the viewers and WoW is dead as fuck with 90% of that being HC classic, Overwatch 2 is right next to D4 in the dead zone. Goddamn the most success things Blizzard has released in the last decade has been Diablo 2 remaster and Classic WoW... yet somehow the current team of developers haven't all be shitcanned.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How's Starcraft 2 doing?
What are they going to do when they don't have anything to remaster I wonder.

I can't wait for their new IP, which will be a decade behind a trend they saw online, and full of trans propaganda and progressive values.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
View attachment 485604

I dunno, I didn't watch the poe2 stuff but according to the thread probably 2025. More shocking than the duolingo having 9.6k views (probably 1 big streamer doing some meme content on it) is ARK having 10k.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Shit even faggotflight has 3x the viewers and WoW is dead as fuck with 90% of that being HC classic, Overwatch 2 is right next to D4 in the dead zone. Goddamn the most success things Blizzard has released in the last decade has been Diablo 2 remaster and Classic WoW... yet somehow the current team of developers haven't all be shitcanned.
No. Thats exactly what theyve been doing. Shit canning people that are actually good devs. If that "Dev Adventurer" fiasco of a video showed me anything, it showed me they fired all the good developers and brought in fresh college kids that dont have a single clue about philosophical game design, much less have a veteran level understanding of coding in whatever engine they are working on at the time.

You've said it a 1000 other times in the WoW thread - Fire Ion or w/e the fuck his name is. Fire people in management. Get these fucking people that would even allow junior coders working at the bare minimum pay to work on their products in the first place. Everyone has to start somewhere, but fucking BLIZZARD shouldnt be the first place. It should be the last place because theyre making a ton of money and they have no where higher up to go. Its only now, all this time later, are all these greedy little strategies to maximize money and fuck the customer is coming back to bite them.

Of course a fresh out of college, indoctrinated to the liberal agenda CHILD is going to want everyone in the world to hold hands. Coding isnt a social, outside sport by a long shot. These kids were losers growing up and since the entire world is online now - its taken this long for highly right wing countries to see the type of people that built it and what their values are. I appreciate things about the Indians, but I dont want to live in a god damn Teepee.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Junior coders working on stuff is whatever. If the game design is shit the game will be shit. Turns out game design is actually really hard, much like actual product management. You need to read the room of the whole market. Understand who your target audience is and what they want. Then design a game that meets those needs.

If you don't actually play games and are more concerned with progressive ideological bullshit you wont turn out a solid game. The even bigger problem is not recognizing that the primary audience for video games is and always will be young males. The idea that you can feminize your game into exploding the female market just ignores objective reality. On top of market winds pushing everyone to mobile MTX games as opposed to traditional gaming experiences like Elden Ring. It's just a recipe for shit.

• 5Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 6 users