Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Xevy

Log Wizard
1696965679934.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Raxx has confirmed these are the most changes seen in years, starting from alpha testing.

Season 2 has more changes than they've ever been able to make in alpha through beta to gold.

That's promising, but also scary at the same time. Raxx has publicly asked Blizzard what was done to produce so many changes, whether it was outsourced, or whether this was pipeline for the year that was moved up and pushed live in October.

Players do deserve to know why the game couldn't be changed in alpha or beta, but can now be changed from season to season to "finish the game".

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
everything they talked about sounded pretty good, imagine it will take them a round or two to get the numbers right tho

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Changes all look good but not good enough to sort through 800 billion shit items per upgrade.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Raxx has confirmed these are the most changes seen in years, starting from alpha testing.

Season 2 has more changes than they've ever been able to make in alpha through beta to gold.

That's promising, but also scary at the same time. Raxx has publicly asked Blizzard what was done to produce so many changes, whether it was outsourced, or whether this was pipeline for the year that was moved up and pushed live in October.

Players do deserve to know why the game couldn't be changed in alpha or beta, but can now be changed from season to season to "finish the game".

I doubt it was ever a matter of "couldn't be changed." More likely designing your game completely around metrics didn't work out like they thought and when their numbers fell off a cliff their jobs were on the line

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

These changes are pretty damn good. But we still need to rummage through shit loot.

I'm still trying to grasp the following:

Developer’s Note: Builds that utilized Critical Strike Damage and Vulnerable Damage have been disproportionately powerful. This is because these stats were previously calculated as part of separate damage buckets that were fully multiplicative when combined with other damage bonuses. In order to promote greater build diversity, we are changing how Critical Strike, Vulnerable, and Overpower damage is calculated. These damage types will now always have a baseline multiplicative bonus. Additional sources of bonus Critical Strike Damage, Vulnerable Damage, or Overpower Damage will be additive to your other damage bonuses. Overpower will also receive additional additive damage based on your Maximum Health and Fortify amounts. This change represents an overall decrease in damage output, so we are adjusting monster scaling to ensure that the best Class builds are still as powerful as before. This change is not intended to lower the power of the best builds, but rather allow more builds to reach that same level of power. We have also added a variety of mechanics to classes that encourage them to chase other stats for multiplicative bonuses, rather than always chasing Critical Strike and Vulnerable Damage.

• Overpower:
    • Overpower attacks now always deal up to x50% increased damage, based on your current life percentage.
    • Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life you have in Fortify.
    • Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life that you have in bonus life above your Base Life.
    • All Overpower Damage Affixes have increased by 50%.
    • Overpower Damage Paragon Glyphs have increased by 33%.
    • Overpower Damage Paragon Nodes have increased by 50%.
  • Critical Strike:
    • Critical Strikes now always deal x50% increased damage.
    • Critical Strike Damage Affix, and Critical Strike Damage with Bone, Earth, Imbued, and Werewolf Skills Affixes has increased by 20%.
    • Critical Strike Damage Affix (Inherent on Swords) has increased by 100%.
    • Critical Strike Damage Paragon Glyphs has increased by 100%.
  • Vulnerable:
    • Dealing damage to a Vulnerable enemy now always deals x20% increased damage.
    • Vulnerable Damage Affix has increased by 40%.
    • Vulnerable Damage Affix (Inherent on Crossbows) has increased by 87%.
    • Vulnerable Damage Paragon Glyphs has increased by 100%.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
These changes are pretty damn good. But we still need to rummage through shit loot.

I'm still trying to grasp the following:

• Overpower:
    • Overpower attacks now always deal up to x50% increased damage, based on your current life percentage.
    • Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life you have in Fortify.
    • Overpower attacks gain +2% damage per 1% of your Base Life that you have in bonus life above your Base Life.
    • All Overpower Damage Affixes have increased by 50%.
    • Overpower Damage Paragon Glyphs have increased by 33%.
    • Overpower Damage Paragon Nodes have increased by 50%.
  • Critical Strike:
    • Critical Strikes now always deal x50% increased damage.
    • Critical Strike Damage Affix, and Critical Strike Damage with Bone, Earth, Imbued, and Werewolf Skills Affixes has increased by 20%.
    • Critical Strike Damage Affix (Inherent on Swords) has increased by 100%.
    • Critical Strike Damage Paragon Glyphs has increased by 100%.
  • Vulnerable:
    • Dealing damage to a Vulnerable enemy now always deals x20% increased damage.
    • Vulnerable Damage Affix has increased by 40%.
    • Vulnerable Damage Affix (Inherent on Crossbows) has increased by 87%.
    • Vulnerable Damage Paragon Glyphs has increased by 100%.
I could be just reading it wrong myself - but it sounded to me, like they werent making those bonuses multiplicative anymore and instead just additive. Which, if thats the case, is probably one of the smartest changes they could have done. As again, to me, the multiplicative buckets are whats causing the large amount of affixes to only allow a few to bare fruit.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you go watch the campfire chat from today they go over it and explain it a bit better.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I could be just reading it wrong myself - but it sounded to me, like they werent making those bonuses multiplicative anymore and instead just additive. Which, if thats the case, is probably one of the smartest changes they could have done. As again, to me, the multiplicative buckets are whats causing the large amount of affixes to only allow a few to bare fruit.
Yeah, instead of some affixes being good, they'll now all just be shit. But then they'll nerf the health of everything. In the end, items will probably just matter a lot less.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, instead of some affixes being good, they'll now all just be shit. But then they'll nerf the health of everything. In the end, items will probably just matter a lot less.
Im not sure I understand your logic.

You just said:
Changes all look good but not good enough to sort through 800 billion shit items per upgrade.
Unless you're saying that the current crop of items we use, with those buckets, will matter less. Which.. is kind of the point.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Big thing they mentioned during the chat was that patch 1.2.1 will have a reset paragon button that hasn't been mentioned here yet. They said it would be ready by end of October just not in time for season 2 launch

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think the issue is there's still 100 affixes, and now 60 of them are "useful". So now you REALLY gotta check those items for stats because of more combinations rather than just glancing if it had Vuln or Crit or Skills mod on them. So yes, more loot is better overall, but there's still a shit ton of loot so without a filter you're picking up and scouring each item to see if you want them. PoE players are used to this shit even with filters, but it's definitely tedious and after a point you'll just say fuck it and stop picking up items altogether.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok after looking at that vid...They at least got me wanting to try the new additions in paragon board and class changes.

I guess we will just have to see if the changes to multiplicative /caps/monster health ETC mean I don't feel like a wet noodle.

But fuck me you REALLY have to look at drops now.