Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I love how "deals" for players keep getting worse and worse over time.

Pre-purchase D4 and get early access to..... open beta. Not the game... not anything with live... open beta. Lol
I think about this often, how companies are all about squeezing every last dime out of their customers these days. What happened to chances of getting a free sprite off the lid of the soda, the coke card for discounts on other items, B1G1 free deals, 1 free month of game time with purchase.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think about this often, how companies are all about squeezing every last dime out of their customers these days. What happened to chances of getting a free sprite off the lid of the soda, the coke card for discounts on other items, B1G1 free deals, 1 free month of game time with purchase.
As long as people keep paying the prices, there's no downward pressure.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I love how "deals" for players keep getting worse and worse over time.

Pre-purchase D4 and get early access to..... open beta. Not the game... not anything with live... open beta. Lol

Give us money for the privilege of testing our game.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's nothing new. "early access" games have been going on for what, 10 years now? More maybe? Rust was the first one that pops to mind for me but not sure how long that's been. Long ass time, tho. I'd say Rust was in "early access" for easily 2x as long as the released game will last.

People demand new games now so there's really no downside to companies doing it this way (for them).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think you missed the "open beta" bit.

Games have given pre-purchases access to closed betas for years, this is a bold new strategy that gives players access to a limited time open beta event, and thats it.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
As long as people keep paying the prices, there's no downward pressure.

Real prices have declined significantly over time. I paid $80 for FFIII on release, which is ~$165 in today's monopoly money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Naaaa, you found out you could press 1 button and have many skills fire off, that is what hooked you to PoE. ;p

Sir, I take offense to this statement. I'll have you know this statement is 100% false and I will not put up with this slander.

I played RF and pressed no buttons

• 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The true endgame of PoE is automating your build to its absolute limit. Hardmode builds are taking builds that the developers obviously intended to be "1-2" combos and automating it anyway.

Fuck pressing buttons in PoE.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I think you missed the "open beta" bit.

Games have given pre-purchases access to closed betas for years, this is a bold new strategy that gives players access to a limited time open beta event, and thats it.

EARLY ACCESS MARCH 17-19 OPEN BETA MARCH 24-26​

PRE-PURCHASE FOR EARLY ACCESS TO THE OPEN BETA

Is what their website says.

Khane

Why are you repeating what I said except louder?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The true endgame of PoE is automating your build to its absolute limit. Hardmode builds are taking builds that the developers obviously intended to be "1-2" combos and automating it anyway.

Fuck pressing buttons in PoE.

Why not just make it an idle game

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Real prices have declined significantly over time. I paid $80 for FFIII on release, which is ~$165 in today's monopoly money.
Yeah, this is true, until recently when things started going back up. AAA PC games were like 39.99 for a while just a few years ago.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why not just make it an idle game
You could. I'm only half joking when I say PoE is a PoB verifier. There's not too much about the way-too-fast combat, trading, and "crafting" that makes PoE that fun to play beyond the surface level. The true fun comes from understanding the systems, sitting in front of PoB for hours, solving whatever puzzles your build presents, and then having PoE tell you how wrong you were.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Why are you repeating what I said except louder?

I copy pasted it from the website, i'm way too lazy to bold/enlarge stuff for things I don't really care about. You don't just get the open beta, you get early access to the open beta. A week before. So technically a closed beta, you could say.

Khane

I copy pasted it from the website, i'm way too lazy to bold/enlarge stuff for things I don't really care about. You don't just get the open beta, you get early access to the open beta. A week before. So technically a closed beta, you could say.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The consumers power of choice has gone down drastically. 5$ footlong promotions, buy 1 get 1 etc. All sorts of promos gone by the way side because they own 60% of the market and the other 40% is owned by people in the same circle that all meet up at the WEF deciding how they can turn us into gay fungus bug eaters.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whatever PoE chose to do with loot, it drove me away fairly quickly.

Granted, I only played up to lvl 90 on 3+ toons or so. However, after the first week or so I can't think of one time that I saw a drop I was excited for.

There was seemingly 11 million diff stats on every item that dropped and it made decifering what was good vs trash a pain.

I ended up farming currency as well. I could have had a mirror quality rare drop and never known.

• 4Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not even sure GGG fully understands what it did to loot either. The solution is to buy some quad tabs, pick up what your loot filter tells you to pick up, ID what needs IDing, and then toss it all unseen into a quad tab. If it's underpriced, the market will tell you quite quickly. If it's overpriced, you rotate the quad tab through price points until it sells or you vendor liquidate the tab.

Is this a really stupid system, requiring ~$50 in tabs, and not really solving the problem of exciting loot? Yep. But, you can now pick up loot and potentially sell it without having to decipher affixes!

They've talked about the loot problem for fucking years now and the one time they implemented smart loot for Talismans, the lead developer got personally buttmad and nuked it the next league. GGG needs a good asskicking. I don't think the game of this thread is going to do it.

• 4Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Back in the day we farmed act 3 merciless docks and if we got a tri res rare with +HP/ES we were fucking rich

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Loot should be interesting and sufficiently varied but also instantly decipherable.

• 1Like