Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Soul bound items is an instant pass for me. That shit is not negotiable.

7 fucking years of people shitting on their awful bind on pick system in their arpg and they haven't learned a fucking thing.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stats will change, design will change, but if it's not tradeable what's the point.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Hilariously, no one in Reddit or the official forums has brought soulbinding up as a horrible idea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What they need to do is kill soulbinding. If they have to have it, do it for special legendaries. Now make crafting important. Make materials currency. Build an actual in-game for in-game currency auction house and spend some time designing rare items.

Yes. Ape PoE but polish it. This thing is probably DOA at worst, or a 1 month play at best.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Marvel Heroes , I will to this day argue, was one of the best arpgs made, and after it's rocky start turned into an amazing game. It had tradeable gear, and a pretty healthy marketplace where items retained value. There is no reason for Diablo to keep the model of bound items. Blizzard is great at copying shit. Look, just make a love child of D2 and Marvel Heroes, put a lot of production value $$$ at it with a p4convenience/p4cosmetic store, a prestige system to encourage playing over and over again, and prosper.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
This looks like Diablo 3 with some slightly updated graphics.

What am I missing? Where the fuck is my Diablo MMORPG that I've been waiting for for over a decade?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah... the visuals aren't a big jump in terms of technology. Kinda expected more realistic textures you see in games like Kingdom Come.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Marvel Heroes

200.gif

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
When I think about, the only thing this D4 announcement really, REALLY shows us is that D4 exists. Everything else could change greatly. I'm not going to sweat the Talent Twig or itemization or shit until another year when it gets close to beta probably. I just hope they listen to people with a discerning ear and don't just read Reddit garbage "I THINK EVERY DROP SHOULD BE LEGENDARY, BUT LEGENDARY RANGE 1-5!" kind of shit.

It looks like they want to make it sliiiightly more social than D3 with their partys and open world and shit so it would behoove them to make most stuff droppable. The best way to get people to interact in any mmo type game is trade and exp grouping.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Whelp hype dead. Nobody at this company has a fundamental understanding of what made the old blizzard games so great. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• 1Barf

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Given they already stated it is going to be a long time even by Blizzard standards just leaves me with the impression that they knew they had to announce D4 just to avoid backlash. The game is still ages off so who cares. D3 introduction looked darker in theme as well then Tranny D showed up and Deckard Cain died from a butterfly with a my little pony level. Blizzard are faggots of the highest order and Bliz North team with talent were fired long ago.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whelp hype dead. Nobody at this company has a fundamental understanding of what made the old blizzard games so great. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

What did you find so disappointing in that info dump? A lot of you seem like salty mofo's for no reason at all given how early on D4 is in its development. :rolleyes:

My biggest disappointment with D4 is that it was not a Diablo-Souls over-the-shoulder game, that at least would shake things up and make it stand out from its two prime competitors (one really): PoE 4.x and Lost Ark. Aside from still having soulbound items, this appears to be a better version of D3 post Reaper with some D2 thrown in. How is that not a good thing? Then again, it could release as complete trash, which I think will be the end of the franchise (except for mobile, of course).

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I'm optimistic for it, but I mostly enjoyed Diablo as a franchise for the ability to customize characters into offbeat builds and rampage through hordes of demons.

Trading, crafting, and even farming were just means to an end.

I think the art style is moving in the right direction, I just hope there's some kind of curse or arcane type of character available. D2 curse necromancers and D3 DMO wizards are still some of the best ARPG experiences around.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The only take away from the reveal and the few minutes of the game is it does look like a long way off. The character sheet and inventory looked like something from a half finished 20 year old game.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Except based on their prior D3 launch we expect D4 to be kick off half finished with horrible mechanics already. They're already there!

• 1Like

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just played the demo. You can trade by throwing shit on the ground, gave the wife a legendary item this way. I didn't try to drop anything that was already equipped yet, but didn't get any warning or visual cues about soul bind that I noticed. Loot is personal, got different items than my wife did on the same boss.

I did run into a couple other players in the overworld killing shit that wasn't in my group.

To me it feels like a cross between D2 and D3, But mind you the demo was 20 minutes or so.

• 1Seriously?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Apparently there are people like this, and others who upvote them:

"Can you actually play single-player offline? If it's online only ala D3. I'll be skipping this one. "

That's the kind of reddit garbage I hope they skip. There's like 3% of the Diablo community that gives any sort of shit about offline, and mostly so they can use editors and shit. Fuck them right in their 1993 era assesholes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users