Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Marvel Heroes , I will to this day argue, was one of the best arpgs made, and after it's rocky start turned into an amazing game. It had tradeable gear, and a pretty healthy marketplace where items retained value. There is no reason for Diablo to keep the model of bound items. Blizzard is great at copying shit. Look, just make a love child of D2 and Marvel Heroes, put a lot of production value $$$ at it with a p4convenience/p4cosmetic store, a prestige system to encourage playing over and over again, and prosper.

RIP Marvel Heroes. It really was a fun game.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The dev panels was pretty decent. I really enjoyed listening David Kim and liked many of his ideas and visions for D4. I'm hoping he comes through with them.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I remember the d3 reveal all gamer retards lost their shit at the wizard freezing bubble.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
200.gif

I started playing Marvel Heroes 4 months before it shut down. I was so upset.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game was rebooted 3 years ago and it's still Early in development and they can only talk about 3 classes?

We Anthem now?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ugh the Omega system. Why'd you have to remind me Gavin and ruin all my fond memories?!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was in alpha for Marvel Heroes. That shit was BASIC as fuck. I was really sad, gave a lot of feedback. At the time it was like 4 characters, Hawkeye, Black Panther, and two other B-squad type heroes. Their skill twig was the same as D4's, or WORSE. It was like literally the same as D4. It grew a LOT over time and became amazing.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was in alpha for Marvel Heroes. That shit was BASIC as fuck. I was really sad, gave a lot of feedback. At the time it was like 4 characters, Hawkeye, Black Panther, and two other B-squad type heroes. Their skill twig was the same as D4's, or WORSE. It was like literally the same as D4. It grew a LOT over time and became amazing.

I tried it at release and it was boring as fuck, but I gave it a try when they soft relaunched it and became hooked. I spent far more money on it than I'm comfortable with, but I still really enjoyed the game. Brevik had something really special going there for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried it at release and it was boring as fuck, but I gave it a try when they soft relaunched it and became hooked. I spent far more money on it than I'm comfortable with, but I still really enjoyed the game. Brevik had something really special going there for a while.

Yeah then he bailed and his successor torpedoed the company.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Marvel Heroes , I will to this day argue, was one of the best arpgs made, and after it's rocky start turned into an amazing game. It had tradeable gear, and a pretty healthy marketplace where items retained value. There is no reason for Diablo to keep the model of bound items. Blizzard is great at copying shit. Look, just make a love child of D2 and Marvel Heroes, put a lot of production value $$$ at it with a p4convenience/p4cosmetic store, a prestige system to encourage playing over and over again, and prosper.
Was a pretty good game. I think the multitude of characters you could play really kept me playing long after I would have quit another ARPG.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I used to care about online only around when D3 first came out, simply because D2 was such an easy/fun game to play while traveling, many of the hotels I was in still had dial-up plugs FFS. Now wifi is everywhere, even the cheap hotels employers put you in.

I'd love a MMO style game in the Diablo universe, but it's going to need the old school Blizz polish for me to get hyped even a little. If Blizz did WoW with its current team, we would all be playing the 30th Everquest expansion about now.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Whelp hype dead. Nobody at this company has a fundamental understanding of what made the old blizzard games so great. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hi, I am lead of D4 team. Here is a long list of every facet of every successful loot-driven ARPG for the last 20 years. We will have every part of every game you have ever liked in your life and none of the bad stuff.

Seriously what the fuck. That list proves how little they have actually done. This game is 5+ years away, if it ever actually sees the light of day (what was it called, Titan?). We will all be playing our complete immersion VR ARPGs by the time this is released. Not only will the ship have sailed, it will have completed it's lifetime service and been cut up for scrap already.

Core of the entire design is "game as a service" with rolling nerfs to drive skill metas to drive MTX sales. So PoE business model with BOX PRICE AND PAID EXPANSIONS.

And "err on the side of group" is the coup de grace.

No thanks, Blizzard - even though I don't actually think you will ever release this game now, I am no longer interested. What a fucking buzz kill.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I quit with my 42nd cosmic character in the upper 50s.

Wasn't even close to that level of "dedication" heh, but the most fun I ever had in an ARPG. Became more addicted to MH than any other game except WoW. Still miss it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This thing is probably DOA at worst, or a 1 month play at best.

I think you have to strike while the iron is hot-- and they failed to do that with a D3 followup.

The date they cancelled the expac was the year to begin development.