Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This is Lost Ark with a Diablo skin over it; Hopefully Blizzard devs. were smart enough to walk back on some of the bullshit though. Either way its going to be a good time on launch and should see over 500k concurrent. LA simply released with a bucket full of content which padded the enjoyment a lot. its equal to releasing episodic vs whole seasons released by Netflix even.

anyone else wanna throw in a number?

Whatever Diablo 3 had for opening sales + 10-20%.

says 3.5 million for day 1 sales. I'm guessing 4.25 million box sales in week 1.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Elden Ring had positive word of mouth on a level that D4 won't have. FromSoft also had goodwill of the community, another thing D4 won't have after D3 and Immortal. When you're talking blockbuster numbers I.E. 10m there's a lot of factors. While Blizzard does have more customers than ever, they've also done more to undermine their own brand.

I could see 10m in a month.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Timegated shit is one of the worst features ever implemented for MMOs and Blizzard are the ones that made it big in the West. Timegating anything is a classic out for pay2progress shenanigans in the modern gaming age and should be a big red flag. If this has chores like Lost Ark this shit is dead two weeks in, but they'll have all their box sales so they'll give 0 fucks.

Did you not consider raid mobs in EQ with 7 day respawn timers(or longer) or other such things as "Timegated shit"? That was basically the beginning, Blizzard(WoW) just took it and made it very open and specific(instead of "spawn windows"). More so because it was 1 mob for the entire server, and if you didn't get, well you were SoL.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
10 mil first month is a strong possibility. Forums vastly exaggerate the importance of their personal feelings of developers.

Diablo is a huge brand and if early word of mouth is good then it’s going to sell like hotcakes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would be surprised if it beat D3 on day 1 sales. The fact that it's multi platform and allows for crossplay might get it there though

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Someone at work posted a reminder about D4 in the company-wide random channel and a surprising amount of people responded saying they lost faith after Immortal, they don’t like Blizzard anymore, they deleted their accounts, etc. General consensus was that they might try it later if they hear it’s good, but a hell no for buying it day one.

I’ve still got some Blizzbux, so if you guys say it’s good, sure I’ll try it out sometime and hopefully play with the folks here.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
HOW were people surprised that the phone game was in fact a phone game?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Libtard sister-in-law is "super excited" for Diablo IV because she's a "huge" Diablo fan. Keep in mind I've never heard her mention any Diablo game ever, or Blizzard game, or ever seen her play anything other than kid games with their kid. Which means the family will be buying 3 copies for the family to play. Whatever Blizzard is doing doesn't appeal to me, but they seems to have done well creating a market of casual mom gamers, unfortunately.

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've noticed that as well. Comments on PoE content creators who just happen to be covering D4. Even if the video is negative or measured hesitance, there are a significant portion that are excited just to be excited. Why are these people even watching PoE content creators?

"fan" might as well be synonymous with consoomer these days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've noticed that as well. Comments on PoE content creators who just happen to be covering D4. Even if the video is negative or measured hesitance, there are a significant portion that are excited just to be excited. Why are these people even watching PoE content creators?

"fan" might as well be synonymous with consoomer these days.

Same reason people who hate a genre, a franchise or game but still watch Videos of it and comment on how horrible it is and they will never play it. They seek validation, and other like minded people , so they feel they are not alone in their opinions, otherwise they might cave just to be apart of the crowd.

Plenty of people who do the same thing on this very forum and in threads for games they have never played or will never play. Hell not just for games either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HOW were people surprised that the phone game was in fact a phone game?

It was given a PC "release" and dumped on the BNET client. Should have never happened.

Blizzard probably has a lot of regret over that decision.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What time is the beta going live? Ordered the standard edition. I dont really care about 4 day prestart on a single player game.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Libtard sister-in-law is "super excited" for Diablo IV because she's a "huge" Diablo fan. Keep in mind I've never heard her mention any Diablo game ever, or Blizzard game, or ever seen her play anything other than kid games with their kid. Which means the family will be buying 3 copies for the family to play. Whatever Blizzard is doing doesn't appeal to me, but they seems to have done well creating a market of casual mom gamers, unfortunately.
my sister is the same. She used to play a little bit of mario stuff on the wii and such, but she's a huge Diablo 2 / 3 fan. She probably can't tell what's the difference between stats but still has fun killing shits.

Worst marketing video I’ve ever seen… looks like cum fried dogshit
That was very painful to watch, then I saw they were using controller instead of proper gaming tools.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users