Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What edition is everyone getting? It seems like the Ultimate edition isnt worth it
Everyone seems to ignore the ultimate in any streamers conversation and talk solely about the Deluxe. The extra time you get from the early release seems to be the biggest factor.

If Im interested in playing the game at launch, it’ll probably be deluxe simply because ill want to play the same time as everyone else. Blizzards marketing department seems to have caught on to that. But that also means that my G/f is going to want to play - which really means $180 bucks.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Will buy if good but fuck day one for a blizzard game. Anything less than everyone coming back here and saying this is the best Diablo game to date blizzard can fuck off.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The real question is whether the servers are even functional long enough to cap out the newbie zone this weekend

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m trying the KFC order/cancel order still get a code method to try out the beta with little luck. I don’t wanna plop down $90 just to see if the game is poop or not.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I’m trying the KFC order/cancel order still get a code method to try out the beta with little luck. I don’t wanna plop down $90 just to see if the game is poop or not.

You could just... wait a week. The code only gets you into the 2 day event this weekend. Open beta is just available to all with no gimmicks next weekend and its the same thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I won’t be around next weekend, so was just trying this. If I don’t get in I’ll just have to read up on it.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
You could just... wait a week. The code only gets you into the 2 day event this weekend. Open beta is just available to all with no gimmicks next weekend and its the same thing.

For real, LOL..

Tarrant, just buy the fuckin game, you are trying to be like "I GOT STANDARDS!" when you are trying to get high sniffing drywall dust off some dudes boot.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
For real, LOL..

Tarrant, just buy the fuckin game, you are trying to be like "I GOT STANDARDS!" when you are trying to get high sniffing drywall dust off some dudes boot.

I would but I’m broke at the moment as well, so it’s this or nothing. Heh.

• 1Worf

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a male spirit possessing a female body, so may be one of the few times they/them is actually appropriate?

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You bros playing the open beta are definitely not going to want to miss out on Ashava, the exciting World Boss that is so ARPG.

Here are the spawn times so you know when you'll need to fuel up and get online.

World bosses in Diablo Immortal were by far the most uninspired unrewarding chore. Fortunately they weren't required to prog past a certain point-- we'll see if that holds true in D4.

If world bosses on global timers are forced I'd probably nope out.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember before Diablo immortal launch seeing videos mapping out the time and travel for the world events to progress.

Then it turned out that progress was meaningless before the might of the credit card

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
World bosses in Diablo Immortal were by far the most uninspired unrewarding chore. Fortunately they weren't required to prog past a certain point-- we'll see if that holds true in D4.

If world bosses on global timers are forced I'd probably nope out.

Yeah that shit doesn't sound like it belongs in an ARPG

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No way man its everyone's favorite part of WoW. Pretty sure people buy expansions just to experience the new world bosses.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah that shit doesn't sound like it belongs in an ARPG

The reward and itemization blew dick in Immortal so you could just ignore that content once you reached endgame grind.

As long as it's somewhat optional, I'll tolerate some timegated events. I'll be monitoring this thread for beta to see how mandatory these different systems are to endgame progression-- specifically with regard to any global timer stuff or any daily timegates. Anything that has a firm "Log in now" requirement.

This is stuff that should have leaked by now-- but like the story, it's been radio silence.

I'm hoping that means it's not a part of the core game, and they aren't going to use global timers to drive player engagement around certain times.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, I *would* pay money to get to watch the Pandaria T-Rex genocide entire servers again

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im just taking a wild guess here, but I wouldnt put it past the truly imaginative developers they have to do something other than what Lost Ark has. They will surely put their spin on it - but when I saw the times that the boss would spawn… it just screamed Lost Ark to me. I am not anywhere near a fan of that times BS system.
If they end up doing raids like Lost Ark… Im just not sure how Ill feel about that. I like the raids the most out of Lost Ark. but by having those raids - everything else has shitty gear.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Timegated shit is one of the worst features ever implemented for MMOs and Blizzard are the ones that made it big in the West. Timegating anything is a classic out for pay2progress shenanigans in the modern gaming age and should be a big red flag. If this has chores like Lost Ark this shit is dead two weeks in, but they'll have all their box sales so they'll give 0 fucks.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
This is Lost Ark with a Diablo skin over it; Hopefully Blizzard devs. were smart enough to walk back on some of the bullshit though. Either way its going to be a good time on launch and should see over 500k concurrent. LA simply released with a bucket full of content which padded the enjoyment a lot. its equal to releasing episodic vs whole seasons released by Netflix even.

anyone else wanna throw in a number?

• 1Like