Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Argarth

On the verandah
Like you were excited for Diablo: Immortal? How's that untempered enthusiasm working out for you?
You have me confused with someone else.
I said some good things about the performance of the PC port, which were true. I was never "excited" or "enthusiastic" about the game, or even said so. Knew exactly what it was from the start, and quit when I hit 60 on my first character, never to return. D4 is a completely different kettle of fish.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Welp, just based on how fun D3 season 28 has been I went ahead and dropped the cash to preorder this. Beta client is installing now. When that opens up I will give it a whirl.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You have me confused with someone else.
I said some good things about the performance of the PC port, which were true. I was never "excited" or "enthusiastic" about the game, or even said so. Knew exactly what it was from the start, and quit when I hit 60 on my first character, never to return. D4 is a completely different kettle of fish.
Perhaps excited for D:I was the wrong phrase.

My point is more that Diablo: Immortal was very transparent as to how it would turn out. D4 is being transparent too. I honestly don't understand how anyone is excited for D4. This should be a "let someone else review it and maybe buy it on sale" purchase. The people that played D:I should be most experienced with the type of company Blizzard Activision is now.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
What are you talking about?
Immortal is a phone game. Nothing about immortal surprised me.
D4 is not a phone game. Everything about D4 is standard for the industry today.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
looks like an update for Diablo 3 that gave it bad font and made it slower. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I wouldn't worry too much about what we saw in that vid. It was for the Xbox, and couch co-op, there is an older gameplay vid of Rogue showing the same dungeon and that looks just fine on PC.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Same reason people who hate a genre, a franchise or game but still watch Videos of it and comment on how horrible it is and they will never play it. They seek validation, and other like minded people , so they feel they are not alone in their opinions, otherwise they might cave just to be apart of the crowd.

Plenty of people who do the same thing on this very forum and in threads for games they have never played or will never play. Hell not just for games either.
Maybe on Youtube comments. But I'd hope for some more nuance here even if that isn't always the case. I'll play D4 if it turns out to be good. Nothing is pointing towards that however.

Even though I'm being negative, I do want D4 to succeed from a gameplay and ARPG standpoint. For example, D:I was financially successful but regressive to the overall genre. No game that I want to play interpreted D:I as a gameplay competitor, and I suspect D4 will be the same. But they might interpret D4 as financial competitor, thus I don't people to play D4 sight unseen.

I think GGG has implemented, rather sloppily, some gameplay elements because of financial competitors. Daily master missions upon login and Kirac's Vault. I'd rather they try to steal something like the unique affix harvesting.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Industry standard is pretty low atm.
I do not agree. Games are being developed with more resources devoted to them than ever.

While I have very fond memories of old games there is very little about them that I want carried over to what is currently being produced.

• 1Seriously?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I do not agree. Games are being developed with more resources devoted to them than ever.

While I have very fond memories of old games there is very little about them that I want carried over to what is currently being produced.
There's almost no correlation between resources spent and actual game quality these days. If anything, the more resources put in, the more likely a game is to have a bunch of predatory and/or anti-consumer systems in it because the investment must be made back no matter what it takes.

And just to throw it out there -- Forspoken was recently revealed to have cost $100M+ to make (which like Hollywood budgets probably doesn't include advertising).

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Worst marketing video I’ve ever seen… looks like cum fried dogshit
Actually made me less interested by watching it.
I find it funny that ever since you said “game devs shouldnt do marketing interviews” BoozeCube BoozeCube - I cant shake it now. I see a “dev interview” tag on an upcoming game and I already know that at best itll tarnish my view of the product and quite possibly turn me off altogether.

Why did the gaming industry think we needed to see these people play the video game? Do auto companies think I want to meet the guy that installed my cars radio? Tf are they even thinking?

Regular teaser videos and hell, even the videos where Conan O’Brien played games were way more entertaining.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some of the most fun in gaming I've had in 2022 till now has been the 3-5$ roguelikes and vampire survivor clones, so resources don't always translate to better gameplay

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I find it funny that ever since you said “game devs shouldnt do marketing interviews” BoozeCube BoozeCube - I cant shake it now. I see a “dev interview” tag on an upcoming game and I already know that at best itll tarnish my view of the product and quite possibly turn me off altogether.

Why did the gaming industry think we needed to see these people play the video game? Do auto companies think I want to meet the guy that installed my cars radio? Tf are they even thinking?

Regular teaser videos and hell, even the videos where Conan O’Brien played games were way more entertaining.

Comes from the old stereotypical gamer who thinks game developers are fucking celebrities. They aren't. You have some good ones that just want to get in the dirt and make a fun game - you have others like these fuckos who get it in their head that they are something special to the world and are entitled as fuck. (This accounts for 90% of anyone working at Blizzard)

And the latter all make less than 150k a year which is jack shit in California, with roommates in an apartment somewhere eating ramen noodles clinging to the internet thinking they are something they aren't. They make a fucking game, a product, to be ridiculed or praised by customers and in no way shape or form should any of that shit be glorified. They should shut the fuck up, do their job, go home and live their lives just like anyone else.

How the fuck it got that far is astounding.

Then they will go outside and picket they want a union. Let me tell you something. If you see ANY game developer or employees of said company crying about unionization? You can rest assured they fucking suck at what they do and want pseudo job protection or to sit on their lazy ass. Because anyone worth a shit that isn't taking the job because they love making games sacrifices some pay to go along with it, and those that want more pay and are good get the fuck out of the industry and go elsewhere to make double the money. What remains are these donut dicks.

1679064874682.png

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users