Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I have no hope that this game will be good. Blizzard hasn't been able to release a game worth playing in a long time. I think Legion was the last release from them that I really enjoyed. Prior to that it was probably WOTLK. Having said that, if it turns out I'm wrong I'll pick it up. I just want good games. I don't give a fuck who makes them, what they believe in, or why.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
I have no hope that this game will be good. Blizzard hasn't been able to release a game worth playing in a long time. I think Legion was the last release from them that I really enjoyed. Prior to that it was probably WOTLK. Having said that, if it turns out I'm wrong I'll pick it up. I just want good games. I don't give a fuck who makes them, what they believe in, or why.
QQ

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Only way I would even entertain the game is if it comes to Gamepass, and only then because I have an unlimited data plan.

I hate what Blizzard has become as much as the next guy but Daidraco Daidraco has a point here. Lets not pass up a perfectly good opportunity for multiple drunken gaming nights. D1 & D2 were staples of gaming and no matter how terrible D4 is (prediction: it's going to be insanely mediocre but nowhere near as bad as recent Blizzard titles) it's still worth the price of admission provided you can get passed 'supporting' current Blizz via the box purchase.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I hate what Blizzard has become as much as the next guy but Daidraco Daidraco has a point here. Lets not pass up a perfectly good opportunity for multiple drunken gaming nights. D1 & D2 were staples of gaming and no matter how terrible D4 is (prediction: it's going to be insanely mediocre but nowhere near as bad as recent Blizzard titles) it's still worth the price of admission provided you can get passed 'supporting' current Blizz via the box purchase.

This is the way. pre-purchased - should be a good time

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wouldnt say Im hyped for the game, but I am looking forward to it. Ive had a ton of videos show up in my youtube feed and play in the background while Im working. A few of them have went over some stuff that I didnt even know was in this one. A lot of what causes me to get bored with D3 (and quickly, at that) is that it doesnt have some of these systems.

Itemization is handled very similar to Diablo 2, not 3. The largest chunk of power comes from the character and the alternate advancement system. (So Im not stuck in shitter tier while everyone else I grouped with while leveling is killing shit on 90+.) I'm hoping that they follow the itemization all the way through to being like the older systems. (A weapon can drop, and it can have 30 charges of +5 rank Summon Skeleton, allowing a class like the Barbarian to summon skeletons.) We'll find out if thats the case in beta, but man I missed that and hope its the case. Then the cosmetics of it all, where the look of the gear comes from the region it dropped from. (But I know Ill just end up using the most European looking shit I can, anyways.) Theres other stuff, but thats the stuff Im most excited about.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly after the deep dick ass blasting Blizzard just gave the community with Diablo Immortal I am shocked to see so many ready for another round of cornholing so fast but by all means throw them dice but it's more likely you are just going to wind up with a sore ass again instead of hitting a jackpot.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Even if we're pessimistic there's no reason not to reserve final judgement until we get our hands on it. Easy enough not to play the game if it turns out to be a shitpile. Worst case I'm out a couple hours for the open beta.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No matter how huge D4 is, and it will be... I'd be surprised if Beta Weekends / Launch week don't break Twitch records, it will be their Seasonal content that will shine or fade. I can't see Blizz be capable or willing to put in the effort to have Seasons be as Leagues are to PoE, would be great if they could... but no. We'll see stuff like what has been going on in D3, which isn't awful, but it doesn't make me all that excited. For me, their Seasons just need to be interesting enough to make me want to come back and try something new.

I used to rag on Destiny 2 for their Seasonal shit, but I realized to do the same thing in Black Desert, but get even less from it. If Blizz could pump out interesting Seasonal content in the same way as Bungie does, I'll be happy.

Still salty that there isn't a Monk class.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

No matter how huge D4 is, and it will be... I'd be surprised if Beta Weekends / Launch week don't break Twitch records, it will be their Seasonal content that will shine or fade. I can't see Blizz be capable or willing to put in the effort to have Seasons be as Leagues are to PoE, would be great if they could... but no. We'll see stuff like what has been going on in D3, which isn't awful, but it doesn't make me all that excited. For me, their Seasons just need to be interesting enough to make me want to come back and try something new.

I used to rag on Destiny 2 for their Seasonal shit, but I realized to do the same thing in Black Desert, but get even less from it. If Blizz could pump out interesting Seasonal content in the same way as Bungie does, I'll be happy.

Still salty that there isn't a Monk class.
I just dont think theyre going to keep up with seasonal content. The Destiny team does a fantastic job of keeping it "going" so to speak, and Ive never seen Blizzard deploy content at a pace even remotely close to theirs.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Honestly after the deep dick ass blasting Blizzard just gave the community with Diablo Immortal I am shocked to see so many ready for another round of cornholing so fast but by all means throw them dice but it's more likely you are just going to wind up with a sore ass again instead of hitting a jackpot.
Get a chicken sandwich and play the beta. We'll make up our minds then, over lunch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Get a chicken sandwich and play the beta. We'll make up our minds then, over lunch.

25a.jpg

but really though I think we're both in the same optimistic desire for it to live up to Blizzard quality of old, but jaded enough to know it wont.

• 3Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
25a.jpg

but really though I think we're both in the same optimistic desire for it to live up to Blizzard quality of old, but jaded enough to know it wont.
Agree with you. But I have a little bit of hope since Dragonflight has been good.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Agree with you. But I have a little bit of hope since Dragonflight has been good.

Did dragonflight really fix a ton of shit? Like, if logging into wow at end game just a list of chores to do every day?

That was the one major thing I thought about during all the time in Shadowlands. The game was a 2nd job that had time-gates.The gameplay of WoW has always been A+, some of the best raiding and dungeons in all of MMO history.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Dragonflight is a perfect example of current Blizz. It isn't great and there are multiple moments of bad but it's nowhere near the shit tier level that Shadowlands was. I expect much of the same from D4; it's not going to be amazing but it'll be worth the box price even if you won't be playing it for years like you would a Blizz title of old.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
You can do whatever you want and not fall behind and the game is extremely easy to get alts up.

I've got a 410 main playing fairly casual by the second week after character was created and 2 400 alts that basically do nothing at all other than raid.

Unlocked valor so you can farm until your hearts content, catalysts to convert mythic drops into tier pieces etc. Nothing over world that you need to do unless you want cosmetics or reputation crap. PVP is whatever, but seems like it's in an OK place and solo shuffle is pretty good.

The dungeons/raid currently are definitely not their best, but mostly fun. Ready for next content release though so I'll be shelving until then as I got my AOTC.

It's the best iteration of WoW that has been out in forever. The writing/story is ass though and there is plenty of pandering, but it's easy to ignore. I say this as someone who thinks modern Blizzard and retail decisions in general have been ass for the majority of expansions.

Did dragonflight really fix a ton of shit? Like, if logging into wow at end game just a list of chores to do every day?

That was the one major thing I thought about during all the time in Shadowlands. The game was a 2nd job that had time-gates.The gameplay of WoW has always been A+, some of the best raiding and dungeons in all of MMO history.

Agree and we're all going to play it one way or another when our friends are playing it. As long as I can get 30-50 hours out of it I'll be content and that is a low bar to reach.

Dragonflight is a perfect example of current Blizz. It isn't great and there are multiple moments of bad but it's nowhere near the shit tier level that Shadowlands was. I expect much of the same from D4; it's not going to be amazing but it'll be worth the box price even if you won't be playing it for years like you would a Blizz title of old.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This guy is getting negative reaction videos for this video he made by streamers.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I don't trust Blizzard. AT ALL. They are just another woke California game maker now, their glorious history lost to the dustbin of time. Who I do trust are the people who have seen the game, though, Skillup, Rhykker, Fextralife, Khraze, etc. and they all say the game is good. That's enough for me to pre-purchase it. It can't be worse than the story for Lightfall.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
This guy is getting negative reaction videos for this video he made by streamers.

Guy is a shill. D4 shits the bed with itemization. Basically takes all the life and creativity away from actual unique gear and just makes it another "system" of moving abilities around. Anyone giving this a pass (and no set items at launch...really?) deserves what they get.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users