Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Juvarisx

Florida
Lol no. They turned it way up to trick people into buying the game. A 2 day open beta for gameplay testing when only A1 is available and level 25 is the cap?

You guys fucking serious?

Hey if you watch twitch you'd believe it. So many people are fucking dumb

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aren't those the codex of power, which you can use to imprint on your yellow item and turn it to legendary
Yeah, my question was more about whether/how they scale. Just seemed weird to me that the one from the dungeon was so much weaker than the one on my chest (that I've had for several levels so it's not even close to the max ilvl drop I get now). I wonder if it's a bug, like the effect is loaded for the level you first discover the dungeon, but then even though the dungeon goes up in level every time you do, the reward does not. That said, I didn't actually do that dungeon yet, so maybe the barrier hp on it will be correct once I clear it.

I hope this extraction stuff works like the D3 cube and you always get the max roll, because otherwise that's going to be even more retarded RNG hoops on top of having to find a godroll rare to put it on. Especially since the ranges on some of this stuff are crazy wide; like my boots that give the Shadow Step bonuses. The range on the dmg boost per use of SS is +1% capping at 5% all the way up to +5% capping at 25%.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I didn't buy the game because 'OMG LOOK ORANGE LOOOOOOOT'. It's because of its combat, atmosphere and I enjoy the world of diablo. To many, killing Lilith in the final chapter is the endgame. I personally couldn't give two fuck about seasons, or running hundreds of loop for 0.0001% drop rate of a virtual item.

Did you play the original EverQuest/WoW because of its 'endgame'? You didn't even know what endgame means back in the day. Did you play Mario to really save the princess, or did you play Mario to dodge evil turtle and eat mushrooms to get big and throw fireballs?

You guys fucking serious? Are you so single-minded and forget what FUN really means?

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 10 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I extracted some aspects from legendaries - is that not working? or should I look somewhere else besides the "Y" screen?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I didn't buy the game because 'OMG LOOK ORANGE LOOOOOOOT'. It's because of its combat, atmosphere and I enjoy the world of diablo. To many, killing Lilith in the final chapter is the endgame. I personally couldn't give two fuck about seasons, or running hundred of loops for 0.0001% drop rate of a virtual item.

Did you play the original EverQuest/WoW because of its 'endgame'? You didn't even know what endgame means back in the day. Did you play Mario to really save the princess, or did you play Mario to dodge evil turtle and eat mushrooms to get big and throw fireballs?

Uh..... man. I didn't think a post like this was even possible on FoH.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I extracted some aspects from legendaries - is that not working? or should I look somewhere else besides the "Y" screen?
Inventory and theres s Tab called "Aspects" there. The extracted power becomes a consumable item there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure once you hit 25 the legendary drop rate goes up a ton, to give people who've capped out something else to do/test.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
The game feels a little too zoomed in for me. They should enable option to adjust that.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I didn't buy the game because 'OMG LOOK ORANGE LOOOOOOOT'. It's because of its combat, atmosphere and I enjoy the world of diablo. To many, killing Lilith in the final chapter is the endgame. I personally couldn't give two fuck about seasons, or running hundreds of loop for 0.0001% drop rate of a virtual item.

You guys fucking serious? Are you so single-minded and forget what FUN really means?
Target audience? Lol

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What I like most so far is that this game is paced for grouping, at least on World Tier 2, unlike most Diablo games where you just blow through everything at low levels.

I was playing a melee rogue that just spreads Vulnerable to everything, and it definitely felt like it contributed a lot to the group's damage.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lol no. They turned it way up to trick people into buying the game. A 2 day open beta for gameplay testing when only A1 is available and level 25 is the cap?

Eh idk, legendaries aren't really supposed to be the be all end all of gear so it honestly is probably close to what it's going to be. Half the time they are as trash as any rare and if you factor in the fact you can't trade them it kinda makes sense for the drop rate to be pretty close to actual.

edit : I'll say that at 25 specifically they 100% upped the drop rate very noticeably as someone else pointed out to give people who maxed out something to do and help make them able to test more builds. At normal leveling though I'm pretty sure the drop rate is very close to the actual rate.

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

Aside from that people seem to have battered wife syndrome and treat video game developers like they're shopping for a mate when they should treat them like the whores that they are.

EXPECT them to treat you like shit but in the meantime have a good time with them titties. Just be ready to drop them like a bad habit when they show their true colors.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Killed world boss now fully decked in legendaries. Sorcerer is awesome with a bunch of the frost legendaries. Two hydras, two blizzards, frost nova melt everything. Got raped by butcher last night, had him spawn again after world boss and beat his ass easily. Real test is end game, but the beta loop is good.

Lightning builds seem the strongest to me so far followed by frost.

I'm running fire just to see if I can make it work. I really like the spell effects and sounds for all of it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I will not be buying or playing D4. I will never abide a game that continues the trend of dailies, weeklies and time gates. It's the worst thing that has ever happened to gaming and I honestly do not care how good any underlying systems might be if those things are present. I watched the beta streams to affirm my suspicions, and they exist.

However. I will say that this game looks way better than D3 did. Anyone trying to pretend this is a D3 re-skin might want their eyes checked. D4 has way more attention to detail and environments. It looks way better than D3. I can't knock them for the atmosphere.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Got second char, the rogue, to 25. Will probably wait until next test to run Barb or if they unlock the other classes try them.

I've put like 10 hours or so into this beta and I like it.

Very good Diablo aesthetic, story so far seems to be pretty metal, dungeons are fun, skill trees seem good though they really should add more meaningful variations to skills, gear/crafting looks like it can be pretty deep though there does seem to be a lot of +gooder so we'll see, the events and shit are whatever and wouldn't be missed by me. None of it is revolutionary, but it feels like a modern successor to the earlier Diablo games again and if they can make end game/seasons worth it's going to be a multiple hundred hour game for me easily.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Lightning builds seem the strongest to me so far followed by frost.

I'm running fire just to see if I can make it work. I really like the spell effects and sounds for all of it.
Yeah I was running chain lightning pre legendaries that pushed frost through the roof. Good to see legendary effects having such noticeable uplift

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing we still won't be able to play necro or druid during the open beta? I wonder why they wouldn't want us to play them. That's sort of the point of beta testing.