Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because this isn't a beta test. It's a give people FOMO so they buy our game test.

Can't play your hand on the flop ya know?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'm guessing we still won't be able to play necro or druid during the open beta? I wonder why they wouldn't want us to play them. That's sort of the point of beta testing.

Blizzard puts "Beta" in front of their testing phases as marketing, it would be better titled as "Market Testing". The general intent is not to find bugs but rather gauge interest and stress-test critical systems with a focus more-so on the former.

Their "Alpha Testing" is more akin to beta testing of old. All their alphas are closed or fired for taking part in the cosby room.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Chain Lightning and Hydra does seem to be the flavor of the moment for Sorcs... After I finished act 1 I went to try other specs and they do work, but no where near as nice.

Doing Barb and Rogue now to see how different they feel

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So have they talked about these season pass things yet? And like what they will be offering exactly?

Id guess it'll be like poes. Where you get different skins maybe?

But I also saw a thing about tier jumps?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Chain Lightning and Hydra does seem to be the flavor of the moment for Sorcs... After I finished act 1 I went to try other specs and they do work, but no where near as nice.

Doing Barb and Rogue now to see how different they feel
Made a HC barb because I'm stupid. Feels meaty as fuck...they nail combat every. time. Most arpg combat abilities feel like a wet fart.

Radicale

Blackwing Lair Raider
Season pass are cosmetics only by the sounds of it, buy a digital deluxe edition and you will also get 4 days of advanced butt fucking from Blizzard. Sounds goog right?!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will not be buying or playing D4. I will never abide a game that continues the trend of dailies, weeklies and time gates.

Crazy hill to die on. Just remove so many games from consideration. Especially for activities that you can just choose not to do. To each their own.
FUCK ME, they actually announced a season pass?

That's been know from the start. And you can pay for a faster unlocks or something. What's in it is probably the biggest worry of anyone looking to play.

That and charging 70 bucks and then having a season pass on top of it, not to mention their lazy and shitty "collectors edition" that iirc doesn't even include the game. Now if there was a hill to die on, it would be them being extremely greedy fucks.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
That's been know from the start. And you can pay for a faster unlocks or something. What's in it is probably the biggest worry of anyone looking to play.

Damn, I wasn't paying attention to that, that tanks my interest in this, Oh well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It will be kind or like Diablo 3 seasons but instead of being for free like they have been and should be you get it get buttfucked for cash every few months for some barbie doll dress up faggotry.

Of course they could simply make the game free to play and charge for the season pass but Bobby Kotick is one greedy American Inventor so you get double dipped.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Diablo 4 seems to be the game that Diablo 3 was supposed to be. It's clearly the same graphics / game engine as 3 but with a very different plot and overall gritty feel.

This is not in and of itself a bad thing. Diablo 3 was a fun game and iterating upon that foundation with better metagaming systems is a good tactic to take development wise.

However... Diablo 3 came out 11 years ago. If this game came out 8 years ago I'd be happy with it, but I would really hope to see something far more evolved after all this time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It will be kind or like Diablo 3 seasons but instead of being for free like they have been and should be you get it get buttfucked for cash every few months for some barbie doll dress up faggotry.

Of course they could simply make the game free to play and charge for the season pass but Bobby Kotick is one greedy American Inventor so you get double dipped.

People need to start cracking these "Always online" 4 player games. This shit is getting out of hand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
When was the last time you played D3?

I think your mind is playing tricks on you. Kind of like how everyone thought D2 looked better than it did until you turn the legacy mode on.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Im having fun. I wish there was WD but w/e. I played a sorc right to 25 yesterday which is max beta level but I kept running dungeons today untill I was stacked in 330 plus legendary gear. Hydra sorc is op with the double Hydra Leg affix. Smashed the world boss quick

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I liked it with some caveats.
-Barb/Melee def seems disadvantaged, particularly in boss fights. Maybe its just me? Probably its just my build sucks. I don't know. Its fine to walk around in but the harder mobs punish close range, which I need to be at least some of the time. The first boss had a pause, surely the next has some pattern I just haven't seen yet as well.
The above was brought home to me when a chain lightning Sorc was owning me in multiple events 4 levels below me; At level 11, after seemingly figuring out the class, or so I thought, here comes the lightning Sorc and killed everything in the event as I ran around and swung at things. Even at 13 when I got the hammer rock spray ability, it still felt like with fury generation required to start the fight I was at a disadvantage to the ranged classes as a barb. I stopped at 3AM when I hit the boss fight with the girl and the mother at the black lake, no spoilers, which I struggled with again.
-I woke up today and started a Sorc myself and powered through the game to the start of that quest in 1/5th the time without dying to the same level. Totally different feel. I am a fireball throwing, lightning wielding, frost nova teleporting god. Now to try rogue.
- What is the deal with these games and the squished perspective? I know its 4K but I feel like my face is pressed up against the glass. It needs to be two more clicks back. People say the World boss fight is better. I guess they are still trying to optimize the game and limit what is on screen at any given time.
-All in all I liked it. /shrug I am sick of the Heaven and Hell, demons bad but angels bad too stories. I know I know but there is so much time spent attacking Western Civ, I can tell you already: Lilith is super smart and really great and all women who are self empowered are considered demons and everyone loves her and she is one step ahead and we will spend the whole game chasing her and she will win but then we will put it right and save mankind but is mankind worth saving really no but we will by self sacrifice repeat of Diablo1 because CuckTranny Blizzard is dead inside. Film at 11

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users